RRU Minecraft Server

Jimbob

What are everyone's opinions on a new Enderdragon fight? Though for this fight you don't just immediately skip to The End, you'll have to locate it and fight your way through the many dangers first. I've restored an undiscovered stronghold and added all kinds of traps and loot. You will start off with an empty inventory (your XP count doesn't have to be reset, I don't advise it either), and you'll have to take a trip to the starting location on the surface. There you will find a chest with some useful items. The entrance to the dark depths where the stronghold is located is hidden, along with other points of interest essential for gearing up before going down. Therefore you are supplied with a map to locate those places.

You should participate in this event in a pseudo-adventuremode way. You may not harm the environment or break apart the stronghold. Ores an stone may be mined, but you'll have to find the 'hidden' materials first to be able to do so, as you do not start off with a pickaxe (or sword, or food, etc.). You are of course free to craft with anything that ends up in your inventory this way. I've divided loot over the chests, enough for up to 8 players at a time, so there is a restriction for the amount of players in this event. Therefore it is useful to stick as a group to make sure everyone gets his part of the loot at any time. Start off as a group, descend as a group, beat that dragon as a group. However, I need someone with moderating powers to reset the dragon though. 

tl;dr: Enderdragon fight anyone?

• 2 weeks later...

Well hey there buckaroos, the makes Shadow322, I was a member of RRU since 2008 (I even have the Classic Members badge), tons of stuff happened and I just kinda drifted off of it. Well recently I've been searching far and wide for an all new Minecraft SMP server I could play on and not have to deal with a thousand stupid plugins or code changes or mods and what now...

Mind if I join? Any of you that might remeber me (which I'm kinda doutful of) will recall that I was a pretty good guy but when I was a frequent member of the forum.

Thanks for doing that Pinky Pony Xiron. :) Welcome back to RRU Shadow322, there's some pretty crazy awesome stuff on the server that people have built, although it has the side effect of lagging your PC like a Rock Raider walking through rubble if you don't have decent specs.

What kind of mods would be on the server anways? I could understand like minimaps and what not but what other things?

EDIT: and yeah, my username is the same. ^^

I went to the server, you guys forgot to unban me a long time ago. :/

Oh goodness, I'm so sorry about that! You've been pardoned, please follow the rules from now on. :)

What is stopping us from installing a modded server again? Bukkit could be declared dead. We need an alternative. Would either of these work?

http://mc-server.org/

http://www.glowstone.net/

Bukkit is dead, really. The previous modded server was quite a headache/stress for me to handle (it might seem futile to others, but dysautonomia ain't pretty). Also a lot of mods were installed, some of which were very useful but also put a lot of stress on the server. Dynmap was cool but given the wonderful structures on the server at the moment, it'd probably be a bit too resource intensive.

What kind of mods would be on the server anways? I could understand like minimaps and what not but what other things?

EDIT: and yeah, my username is the same. ^^

Yeah, I can't really think of many overly beneficial mods. Except for the multiple worlds mod we had on the old server giving both Creative and Survival worlds.

That might be fun, I've been curious if there are any mods that improve things like NPC Villages, Strongeholds and Ababdoned Mineshafts... what I mean is what if you could find a stronghold that had an extrange up from the surface, had villagers still living there and the place was alll newly built looking. ^^

Or maybe a mineshaft that really went down super deep and spread out a ton, or a village that wasn't impacted my turrain generation?

That might be fun, I've been curious if there are any mods that improve things like NPC Villages, Strongeholds and Ababdoned Mineshafts... what I mean is what if you could find a stronghold that had an extrange up from the surface, had villagers still living there and the place was alll newly built looking. ^^

Or maybe a mineshaft that really went down super deep and spread out a ton, or a village that wasn't impacted my turrain generation?

As cool a mod as that'd be, wouldn't it require starting a new world for the generation protocols to work? Or alternatively we'd have to travel to some far region that hasn't been loaded yet. :/

MaelstromIslander

What we would need is a texture pack, and a mod that makes everything look like Planet U. (I.E. naturally generated huge caverns, and RR vehicles, etc.

Edit: Nevermind, JJ says we can't do it.

As cool a mod as that'd be, wouldn't it require starting a new world for the generation protocols to work? Or alternatively we'd have to travel to some far region that hasn't been loaded yet. :/

Oh yeah, right, and I havn't even jumped onto the server yet. xD Is the server 1.8 by the way?

We can actually, but not as a mod of course. Just a texture pack, plus it doesn't have to be applied to the server overal, it could be client based.

And yes, the server is 1.8.

We can actually, but not as a mod of course. Just a texture pack, plus it doesn't have to be applied to the server overal, it could be client based.

And yes, the server is 1.8.

Awesome, and as someone that doesn't use texture packs ever I'd be glad to see it client side. ^^

Referring to server mods, I would say the griefing reporter mod would have been one of the most beneficial mods we had on v1 (because believe or not, we've had griefing. D:). It would help resolve the matter sooner, reprimand the offender, and restore Creative sooner (and possibly avoided that unnecessary week-long Creative ban caused by back of communication). I would say that even if no other mods were installed, if there is an alternative server software we can install that supports the/a griefing reporter mod, we should try to get that up. It would definitely help administer the server better. Jimbob, I know it may be hard for you to do, but another mod can help set it up that would be great (or we can beg Ace to return momentarily and do it for us :P).

• Like 3

Hey, I was thinking, as someone who's been a member of the forum for like, since it's start... could I maybe get permissions to switch to creative mode? Like make me some kind of "Elder" ststus user on the server or something. xD

I'd understnad entirely if you say now, I'm just on a nostalgi trip right now and thinking about all the fun we have back when the original ADVENTURE update ot the game came out and after like 2 months everyone on the server had creative mode... and there was an entire German Town (don't recall why as I'm not sure how many german's came on, they might have been someone's friends)... or, SO MANY MEMORIES! xD:grbrick:

could I maybe get permissions to switch to creative mode?

Permission not required.

Just don't grief, or it's disabled for everyone. :)

could I maybe get permissions to switch to creative mode?

Permission not required.

Just don't grief, or it's disabled for everyone. :)

Oh sweet. ^^ Is that in the main spawn town place? (lol, still havn't jumped on yet. xD)

Not sure where it is, sorry, I haven't really been on the server for a while. I'm sure it'll be labelled somewhere, the main area is pretty well signed. Actually that reminds me, the default spawn point might still be in one of the strongholds from the Ender Dragon event we had...

If anyone wants to make an RRU texture pack then that would be awesome, as Ben24x7 said it doesn't require mod installation so I'll happily provide a link to it in the topic post.

I forgot about the grief reporter mod... Yeah, that was kinda handy. The other concern of mine is that by moving the server over to a modded server, it may not be possible to convert it back to Vanilla again should another Bukkit death happen to other mods (I'm sure Bukkit hasn't been the only server mod to get the axe). The Minecraft devs stated they'd be making an official mod API at some time, so if everyone is able to wait for that to be released I'd be much more comfortable using an official mod server software.

Why not just turn off explosions (or find a mod that will restore exploded blocks) and then turn off fire spreading and burning? Cause I'd love to be able to move and place lava to make things like cobblestone farms or a lava mote as well as light a fire place if I wanted too. At the same time if a creeper or player blew something up and it just restored what was there befor ehte explosion if would solve everything. ^^

Is there maybe a map of the server so far? Like rail tracks and what not? I'd like to find a place in the forest with a large pond, hills and a ravene. ^^

EDIT: We should get an Isometric map veiwer for the server, it would make viewing things so good... mostly cause I have no idea how large the existing map is. xD

mostly cause I have no idea how large the existing map is. xD

Then just log in. You've already been whitelisted. You'll find that the map is huge and highly populated.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.