RRU Minecraft Server

Jimbob

Alright guys. Slow it down.

With all these huge plans you guys have, and with all the moving, removing, and mountain destroying required, why not just start building in a new area? Maybe make a new town If the old area gets too bogged down and messy, and if a brand spanking new town or other area comes along that is improved, the spawn point can always be relocated, it isn't a fixed point.

Ghost towns are always nice.

I already placed a rule board there, albeit I did paraphrase the rules a tad, as they were a bit long before.

HALT! Only mods and beyond are allowed to write the rules. You are not permitted to paraphrase it at all. Should you think they could use some cleaning up, request a mod or JJ to do it; As someone once told me, re-writing what someone else once wrote "opens [the chance] for personal interpretation".

Alright, I understand that I should not have paraphrased the rules without proper permission, however I did keep the original rules untouched and in the still marked building, which is still the no. 1 place to go to check the rules. Unless you (or any other mod) can come online and approve the new phrasing, I would be more than willing to remove the rules board / place the original wording on the board. As for moving on and creating a new town, I see one problem in that: How many people will move along? As it stands now, maybe only Arth would move away and create a new "main town", meaning it would either be made up of only two homes and a bunch of infrastructure, or a lot of decorative, but ultimately useless houses.

Originally I was pleased to see someone finally take charge in renovating the town, but now that I've seen how far you've gotten on the server, I feel sick as to what it will look a couple of Months later.

What are you referring to directly? The roads? the reduction of density of the forest area? Or the new river path? We haven't done anything too major yet, except for removing Arths mobtower, which generated a lot of lag.

EDIT:

Xiron, concerning the town wall thing and mountain moving, that was about the desert village, not the spawn one. We haven't done much terraforming there and there aren't any mountains in the area. We have not done much at all in the spawn town yet, it's been mainly Arth, Sparks, Shadow and I redesigning the roads and Arth taking some of his farms down to condense them to one big multi-farm. Apart from that nothing has been touched, as far as I know.

So some of you may have noticed the cute floating mycelium island that's visiting the sky's behind the train station in the spawn town. There are two mooshrooms on it and Arth suggested we name them. So, anyone got any ideas for names? ^^

I'm gonna name one Mooshy. X3

I want to know when that small house will by gone, the one in front of Dr. Caligari's house. And then I would like to know if the local storage building and that use shaped building behind that house will be removed as well.

Also for future reference, there is now an iron golem stationed outside of Dr. Cal's house. His name is Lord Gibling the Guardian.

GordonFreeman

Might wanna build more Iron Golems around it. I had two stationed outside of my latest WIP, and before I knew it both were dead.

Speaking of my WIP, it is now finished. Sadly, my usual image hosting site is down, so you can go experience one of, if not the first, ship on the server at the coordinates -329   -668,  which is West of Spawn. Took me all day to make it. Feel free to test the (usable) TNT cannons, and don't forget to explore both decks! :)

Hey Ben, do you mind if I move your 'Local Storage Building' to a better location? or possible use it as a template to build a bigger 'Local Storage Center"?

Also does anyone know who owns this home?

I want to move it and move the big Energy Crystal into that city lot to make a monument. On another note, the guy that owns the crystal, you mind if I move it (or at least build a scale replica in the lot instead)?

Also does anyone know what these things are? They seem to have to purpose and are taking up space I would use to build a super large NPC village above the stronghold.

@Shadow322,

With all these huge plans you guys have, and with all the moving, removing, and mountain destroying required, why not just start building in a new area? Maybe make a new town If the old area gets too bogged down and messy, and if a brand spanking new town or other area comes along that is improved, the spawn point can always be relocated, it isn't a fixed point. Ghost towns are always nice.

I'd take Xiron's advice here. The things that have been built have been built, and I don't think the work of multiple people over many months of time should be (re)moved or edited just to make room for one or two people's grand plans. You would be better off to start a new town that you can design all you want, and who knows, maybe the spawn point can be moved there in the future. :)

• Like 6

Hey Ben, do you mind if I move your 'Local Storage Building' to a better location? or possible use it as a template to build a bigger 'Local Storage Center"?

I was planning on saying yes but who altered the Storage Building without my permission!?

Ben... calm down. What happened?

EDIT: After review, I have noticed that the large chest had been edited by someone. We'll get it fixed, but Ben you need to chill out. You don't need to blow up over an issue like this. You can just calmly state that you didn't authorize it and that you want it back the way it was.

Sorry Ben, I should I mentioned that was me. I was just trouble shooting some aesthetic design changes on the outside in case I wanted to build a larger building, I forgot to switch it back last night before shutting down. I'll fix it right away, so sorry, it was an oversight on my part.

To be specific guys I'm building a small NPC village at the stronghold, I'll find a different location to build my own town.

EDIT: Never mind the NPC village thing, that's stupid seeing as there's already a village near by.

EDIT: I'm so indecisive... xD

Looks like there's been a lot of posting and text to read since I've been gone... If I've got it right, it's been proposed (and to some extent actioned) that some unused builds in the main area are removed to clean the place up?

So long as the creators of those builds are happy to have them removed, I'm okay with this. Just don't go willy-nilly destroying other peoples' properties.

In other news, to combat the lack of Europe-based moderators, RR Rocks has been promoted to Moderator status! Welcome to the team, Rob.

Also, The Ace Railgun has returned to Moderator status too, so welcome back Ace.

Finally... It looks like we're owed another round of UHC. Who's up for one some time next weekend or the weekend after?

So now I've got a computer that can at last handle games from the last decade, can I join in on the server stuff please? I think that I've achieved the requirements anyway... :P

My username is either AyliffeMakit or just Ayliffe, I tried to change it to Ayliffe with the new launcher thing (my, how things have changed :P ) but I don't actually know if it's actually changed or not :P

So now I've got a computer that can at last handle games from the last decade, can I join in on the server stuff please? I think that I've achieved the requirements anyway... :P

My username is either AyliffeMakit or just Ayliffe, I tried to change it to Ayliffe with the new launcher thing (my, how things have changed :P ) but I don't actually know if it's actually changed or not :P

You have been whitelisted, enjoy your stay on the server!

EDIT: I would like to see a new round of UHC next weekend, so count me in on that!

Finally... It looks like we're owed another round of UHC. Who's up for one some time next weekend or the weekend after?

I'd like to take part again. Sign me up!

I am also interested in a new round of UHC.

(I wonder, if symmetrical maps might have an advantage, because everyone/ every team can start with the same environment).

Great, how does a three-hour round on Saturday 21st at 6pm UTC sound? I'm suggesting two weeks ahead because it's Valentine's Day this weekend, but if everyone's okay with doing it this Saturday I can shift it back.

Currently signed up competitors:

Gameplay type: Free-For-All, unless we get an even number of players or nine players.

• Like 2

You know what, I forgot that I have to work at those times, so I'm dropping out.

EDIT: Oh the weekend after. Then I'm still available.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.