LEGO The Hobbit Trailer

lol username

1) No gameplay shown
2) I read somewhere that it only covers the first two movies, so presumably there'll be a Lego The Hobbit 2 so they can make even more money.

not+amused.jpg

HA I'M BRITISH AND I CAN USE THAT (not that the Queen ever actually said the above).

Anyway, I'm getting tired of you TT. With the exception of the LEGO Movie game, you're boring. Go home and work for some other company so LEGO can make something more original.

The Ace Railgun

So, another money gathering tool for TT games has arrived, next they'll clone it change a few things and add a 2 to the title much like you know who...Isn't that pretty much how all movie based Lego games made by TT are?

BerixMaster2010

Yeah I'm pretty sure everyone else said this in other thread but eh, I'll give my two cents on TT's current Lego game formula I guess:

On one hand, Lego games from TT really should try something new. The Lego Battles series on the DS had plenty of potential, but they didn't do too well with the critics unfortunetly, and I don't think the sold that well either(Feel free to correct me on the sales thing).

Yeah, the current Lego game formula works, but I feel that the problem is there shouldn't be a set formula for every Lego game, especially because who knows, maybe they could make something even better if they tried something completely new!

On the other hand, the current kind of Lego games by TT do sell well, and it is more safe to stick to what they know sells, so I can understand why they use the same formula again and again from a business point of view.

The Lego Battles series on the DS had plenty of potential, but they didn't do too well with the critics unfortunetly, and I don't think the sold that well either(Feel free to correct me on the sales thing).

I'm having trouble finding the article again, but there was a thing on LEGO games that mentioned that LEGO Battles actually did pretty well in sales.
  • Like 1

*sighs*

This is why I don't even.

Seriously though, what has TT come to? Either this is a pre-pre showing (I should hope so!) or sparks will fly.

I don't mind the cheese factor so much. No, it's the characters this time. Bilbo at the beginning? I did not recognise him until he spoke. I was thinking "It's not as if there was another hobbit at the beginning of the movie...?"

That intro map cutscene? -_-

No gameplay was actually shown. -_-

That Azog figure... is really horrendous. And those trolls? -_-

That's the first time I've seen Radagast's sled in Lego, and I am disappointed. -_-

All in all, international facepalm award of the decade goes to TT. -_-

TT can do good games, as seen in LLOTR.

Hah. NO.

(If you don't have Lego LoTR, skip down for probably quite a long way)

One Mithril Brick is incollectible.

Galadriel's hints arrive too late in the game, thus causing a glitch in the Mt Doom level (Prologue) with the cave that needs to be lit up. Because there was nothing in the manual and no other source of information, we kept trying to enter it because we could catch a glimpse of a Minikit. However, this caused the character to get stuck against a wall in the cave, thus forcing you to restart the mission.

'Rotate Camera,' pah. That doesn't work as it should when you actually need it.

To buy the bad characters you have to beat them up. But after literally 10s (hint hint Lurtz) they revert and then come an trash you.

There's a tempting lot of unaccessible coins in the second phase of the Dead Marshes.

Coming back to the incollectible Mithril Brick, this then disables you to make the last item, which disables you to return it to a guy, which then disables you from buying a Red Brick, which disables you from getting 100%. We are stuck on 99.1% :rf:

Oh, about the blacksmith. We had absolutely no idea what to do with it as Galadriel didn't show up... again. > :(

I know they scaled it down for ease of access, but you should not be able to see Minas Morgul from the top of the Argonath.

One Whack-A-Mole game results to a repeated Mithril Brick (which actually does not count as one), and it should be a purple stud after the first time.

The Guide Studs are screwed. They keep on reverting, and they often don't lead you to where you want to go.

Why can you not fill your bucket from a river/lake and instead have to go to a nice hole? Come to think of it, how do the flames get in the Dead Marshes anyway and conveniently spring up after Golllum has passed?

Gollum's soundtrack is annoying. 'Come on hobbitses, long ways to go yet.' 5 seconds later: 'Come on hobbitses' and repeat. :(

The boulders on Cahadras can only be broken on one side.

Why can Gollum not access the Treasure Trove?

You can either walk around Minas Tirith, or go straight into the courtyard. That's your only connection with it.

YOU DON'T EVEN GET TO DEFEND IT IN THE MISSIONS.

All bosses are the same. They all have the power to send a crack of lava in your direction.

And I haven't even mentioned the cheese factor.

Mithril bricks that you make shoes/tinderbox/phial out of? What a waste. And about the shoes, ok, they drum out the LoTR theme song as you walk, but it tunelessly drums that out again, and again, and again...

Some of the quests that people ask you to return items for are bonkers. A hobbit was walking in the Dead Marshes and henceforth lost his fancy umbrella? Oh no. How horrible. </sarcasm> -_-

And an elf was also walking there, and while they were there, his son lost his toy snake. I think a toy snake would be the least of your worries. And how come you never mentioned the flames?

The Treasure Trove. Is horrendous. It ruins the point of the game. In free play and everything made, you only need three characters to win everything (Wizard, Someone with a pan, and someone with Narsil/Anduril). -_-

Speaking of characters, every single character, apart from the first, oh, 20, are the same. Even the Witch-King or the King Of The Dead has nothing special. You can't even use their boss ability! They all come with a sword (some come with a bow, yes) and that sword does the same thing for everyone. Whether it's a Morgul Blade or simply a frying pan, they do the same damage. The only nice one is Anduril/Nasril, which has a nice Jump Attack effect that kills enemies who walk over it.

About the characters with a bow - they're useless. Switch to Legolas. His bow comes out automatically when aiming and his knives automatically come out, smash something, and then go back, and he takes out his bow again. The other ones - you have to do this manually. Which means about 20 seconds of being killed by an Orc. -.-

(Skip to here)

There was more, but since it chews up oh-so-much-memory I can only play it on my brother's laptop.

I am not happy.

If The Hobbit turns out like Lego LoTR, I will rage and sparks will fly.

The giant wall of text! :o

I didn't think LLOTR was so bad. So apparently TT didn't improve in all these years, that's bad. The games aren't that good, but they sell well, so nothing's gonna change until 2016, if I'm not mistaken.

What is this "cheese factor" you're talking about by the way?

What is this "cheese factor" you're talking about by the way?

EVERYTHING. Perhaps I'm a cynical teenager, or perhaps I've moved out of the target range, but here is the definition of 'cheesy' from Wikitionary:

(informal) of poor quality through being overdramatic, excessively emotional or clichéd, trite, contrived, shoddy.

It's just random. Orcs wanting Mithril shoes? Hobbits needing their house key because they lost it in the Pass of Cahadras? (How is he still in his house then?) The aforementioned Elf and Hobbit in the Dead Marshes? The man shivering in Cahadras who says (If you happen to pass by Mt Doom, etc) who somehow stops shivering after you talk to him?

Just take a minute, when they ask you quests, to think 'How likely is this to happen?'

O.T.

How much of it did you read? :P

It's just random. Orcs wanting Mithril shoes? Hobbits needing their house key because they lost it in the Pass of Cahadras? (How is he still in his house then?) The aforementioned Elf and Hobbit in the Dead Marshes? The man shivering in Cahadras who says (If you happen to pass by Mt Doom, etc) who somehow stops shivering after you talk to him?

Just take a minute, when they ask you quests, to think 'How likely is this to happen?'

Awhoops. TT's game quality is going down.

O.T.

How much of it did you read? :P

I skipped the huge list of fails and things. I jumped to the "cheese factor" because it sounded interesting ;P

I skipped the huge list of fails and things

:(

READ IT NOW. I WILL COME TO YOUR HOUSE, STRAP YOU DOWN, FORCE YOUR EYELIDS OPEN AND MAKE YOU READ IT.

TT's game quality is going down.

Yes. The first game they made with it was good, but they've reused the base for every single game since then (apart from Bionicle Heroes, that was good) to the point of torture.

:(

READ IT NOW. I WILL COME TO YOUR HOUSE, STRAP YOU DOWN, FORCE YOUR EYELIDS OPEN AND MAKE YOU READ IT.

Ok ok I read it. But I don't have the game and I have no idea what most of the phrases mean :P

Yes. The first game they made with it was good, but they've reused the base for every single game since then (apart from Bionicle Heroes, that was good) to the point of torture.

But LEGO Indiana Jones 2 and Harry Potter were kinda different. The levels were shorter and there was a level editor, which is nice.

But LEGO Indiana Jones 2 and Harry Potter were kinda different. The levels were shorter and there was a level editor, which is nice.

Ah, so things aren't too bad. I don't have either, but that sounds good. Let's hope that The Hobbit comes out more like that.

If they can make a level editor for Indiana Jones then they can make one for The Hobbit.

Quisoves Potoo

Ah, so things aren't too bad. I don't have either, but that sounds good. Let's hope that The Hobbit comes out more like that.

If they can make a level editor for Indiana Jones then they can make one for The Hobbit.

The levels in Lego Indiana Jones 2 are really rather pointless and inane.  The level builder though is fun if you manipulate it. If you hack it, it's even better.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.