Scene 24: Flying Information Center

PeabodySam

JOHNNY THUNDER and INFOMANIAC disassemble the Information Center, manually this time, and rebuild it into a crazy flying vehicle that would probably never fly in real life, but that’s okay because this is LEGO and not real life. As a song that is most certainly not a cheap knock-off of "Flight of the Valkyries" plays, they hop into the flying vehicle and take off. CUT to AERIAL TRACKING SHOT of the flying vehicle as it passes over the Super-Secret Police down below.

000_flying_information_center.png

I was looking to create something that aesthetically mimicked the "2-in-1" The LEGO Movie sets based on the Information Center.  Something that would never be able to fly in real life, but looks like some crazy invention that would fly in a kid's movie.  It's part-helicopter, part-rocket, part-Information Center.  And it's got Johnny Thunder at the helm!

Unfortunately, you can't actually build this from the Information Center... that is, if you had an Information Center to build this with, but since LEGO never released that as a set, the only people I'm talking to are those guys who developed the original LEGO Island game and built the scale model of the island, Information Center included, but I digress... but most of the "special elements" such as the fences, the slopes, the tiles, and the windows are taken straight from the Information Center itself and the whole vehicle is meant to look like it could be built from the Information Center even though it really isn't, like the two largest The LEGO Movie sets, but I think this is turning into a run-on-sentence the length of a pargraph, but I digress... again.

Views of interest:

Gallery (when public)

>And be sure to read Scene 24: Johnny Thunder Blows This Taco Stand to see (or read) this thing in action![/shamelessplug]

You can keep calling it the "Flying Information Center", but I think I'll just call it the "Infokoi". And the computer inside can be called the Imagimainframe! And then when they land on Crux and enter the Infotemple, the Infomaniac can use the Infonexus to... Ok I'll stop.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.