Ultimate Map Pack Mod Project! (Progress will be updated as progress is made.)

RockRaiderWolf

RockRaiderWolf

Ambitious as it may be, using what I've learned from my ">Improved Permanent Custom Map Slots" to Implement as many of the Custom Maps as I can! To make things simpler I am only going to use the Custom Maps that do not require any other mods. once I have all or most of those I will look at the maps that require Mods and then add the ones with mods that seem to fit the game and not ruin it although in some cases I may decide to edit the mod to fix what I think does not work. An Example being the Tunnel Transport Mod I mentioned in my original IPCMapSlots thread that I found to be way too fast, I would edit it to be a more reasonable speed.

I will also be asking the community to help if they can once I really get started. I'm not sure how I might decide to divide the work but, I will most likely start out by making a list of the next maps I plan to add and the level number that volunteers should list for it in the config files etc. Also if anyone has any images that would fit the theme and add variety to the level select screen that would be great. Someone more experienced might even be able to use the default levelpick bitmap as a template to create a new one that has more detail or maybe more variety in sizes and colors.

Lastly in case anyone wants to know I have considered the levels from the Overhaul Mods and may eventually look into how some of those might be added but, for now this project is going to be big enough and the overhaul mods would likely add a truly enormous amount of extra work not to mention the hard drive space they would require which I am already somewhat low on.

Alright, wish me luck!  :D Oh, and like the title says I will try to give updates on my progress at least once a week if not more. (if i don't then I have not made any on it likely because I was working on something else instead)

Edit: It would be a big help if people could list which maps they know for sure have or do not have mods.

On Hold due to many of the maps lacking at least one of the files such as .NPL or .PTL.

I will start working on this again once I learn more of these files and how to create them correctly.

OR until someone with a reasonable skill at making these comes forth to help me. 

I also would like to add that if I get that support or learn enough of those files myself I intend to start making a number of custom maps myself. Who knows I very well might make a Custom Campaign.

However, until then I may still upload the maps I can iron out with my limited knowledge. :)

UPDATE!: I have created a "beta" version pack. The zip can be found in my mediafire folder but, I will give a direct link just to make it easy.

EDIT: manage to fix most of the problems. the only thing still not working is Level39 the custom remake of Hot_Stuff. For some reason that one keeps causing a crash if anyone can figure that out it would be great. However until that happens the Lego config skips that level.

There is plenty of installation instructions included in the zip for both new and experienced members of RRU.

Any Feedback greatly appreciated!  :thumbsup:

NEW Link! 

UltimateMapMod - V1.1

Enjoy!

-Wolfy 

PTL files handle some level-specific AI functions. They're almost always the same across levels, so copy one into the folders for your new levels.

• Like 1

RockRaiderWolf

PTL files handle some level-specific AI functions. They're almost always the same across levels, so copy one into the folders for your new levels.

Alright just one more question about the PTL files then. For some of my own custom levels I was Planning on including all three stone monster types and on one the slugs as well. from what you said it sounds like each ptl likely includes the AI data for each monster so i will still be able to copy one of the others for these levels? just want to double check.

also i recall that on one of the levels (rock hard I think) the slimy slugs would have a glitch where they emerged and then just returned to burrow repeatedly.  I know I saw an explanation somewhere about that but i cant find it. would you mind telling me about it? I dont want to place them and them not work at all.

I was Planning on including all three stone monster types

You cannot let all three monster types emerge from the walls. Only 1. The other ones must be placed as objects into the caves (sleeping monsters).

also i recall that on one of the levels (rock hard I think) the slimy slugs would have a glitch where they emerged and then just returned to burrow repeatedly.  I know I saw an explanation somewhere about that but i cant find it. would you mind telling me about it? I dont want to place them and them not work at all.

I think when the slugs are too far away from the bases, then they instantly go back into the holes again because they don't want to go that long way just to suck a little bit of energy. So you might have to place the holes close to the HQ position.

RockRaiderWolf

I was Planning on including all three stone monster types

You cannot let all three monster types emerge from the walls. Only 1. The other ones must be placed as objects into the caves (sleeping monsters).

I think when the slugs are too far away from the bases, then they instantly go back into the holes again because they don't want to go that long way just to suck a little bit of energy. So you might have to place the holes close to the HQ position.

on the first point, yah I knew that.

second alright I thought it might be something like that guess i will have to make a very simple map and test it.

Did you know that you can define any type of monster to come out of slug holes? In a level's CFG entry, add a line like this:

Slug     IceMonster

Now Ice Monsters will emerge whenever your NPL slug-routine is triggered. The animations won't match, unfortunately. It still gives you two emerge monsters per level.

RockRaiderWolf

Did you know that you can define any type of monster to come out of slug holes? In a level's CFG entry, add a line like this:

Slug     IceMonster

Now Ice Monsters will emerge whenever your NPL slug-routine is triggered. The animations won't match, unfortunately. It still gives you two emerge monsters per level.

I'd read that somewhere yep :P . on a related subject what exactly does teh UseHoles TRUE line under the slugs in config do? was curious what kinda effect it might have if applied to other monsters? 

Edit: Thinking of the ride-able slugs mod a hilarious thought occurred to me. making them into like guard dogs that would chase after rock monsters that have eaten crystals and suck the crystal right back out ha! thought it occurs to me it'd be hell keeping em fed :P

From my "testing", I think UseHoles determines whether or not they can use holes to escape from the level, like how monsters that have lost enough health will retreat into the walls.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.