Also, does anyone know how to convert .TGA and .BMP files back into .MIP?

Onion

I'm trying to change Rocket Racer's textures. I have renamed the file extension to .BMP and edited it. But now I can't get it back to a working .MIP file. There is no extension to change. I tried that winmip program, but it only produces an empty .MIP file.

Does anyone know how to convert the image back into a working .MIP file?

lol username

I have renamed the file extension to .BMP and edited it. But now I can't get it back to a working .MIP file. There is no extension to change. I tried that winmip program, but it only produces an empty .MIP file.

uwotm8

Just save whatever texture you want as a TGA. The game accepts that. MIP is a custom format from ATD, it's basically just TGA with mipmaps, but you don't really need to worry about that for simply replacing textures.

I have renamed the file extension to .BMP and edited it. But now I can't get it back to a working .MIP file. There is no extension to change. I tried that winmip program, but it only produces an empty .MIP file.

uwotm8

Just save whatever texture you want as a TGA. The game accepts that. MIP is a custom format from ATD, it's basically just TGA with mipmaps, but you don't really need to worry about that for simply replacing textures.

Ooooh. Thanks man.

• 4 months later...

I do notice that without the mipmap, my grass texture becomes very grainy in the background. That's what mipmap avoids. I'm going to search for a program to make real mip files.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.