◄[LR2] Voiced Scripts►

Fluffy Cupcake

Xiron, you told me that two of my voices sounded too much alike, but I am not sure what to change. Which voice for which person did you like better, and do you have a voice for the other you would envision and want me to attempt?

This regrettably means I also need to be on The List of Shame. :P

Fluffy Cupcake

This regrettably means I also need to be on The List of Shame. :P

Nope. Because I have not told you what should be changed yet (I'll get back to you on that later when I am at home), and it also has not been a lengthy period of time.

• 2 weeks later...

So, after looking back and noticing that some of my recordings were excessively quiet, I realized that there was something dreadfully wrong with my mic. I know nobody requested a change, but given that we're still waiting for people to submit their lines, I thought I'd take the time to redo some of mine, and I think you'll find that they sound much better. 

I'm still going through and re-recording these, but for now, a bit of a preview, so you can understand the difference:

Never really noticed how occluded the originals sounded until I had tried redoing a couple. (Also, I don't think I can embed these here, RRU doesn't support iframe tags...)

• Like 3

@Ben24x7; Oh, so you want to re-record your lines? I was not aware.

Wether I should be saying this aloud in public I have no idea but:

When I did my lines you said they were quiet. So I decided to do them again (plus you said that the pitch change could be done later on). Then as I was saving the recordings of Workman Fred there was a power-cut and I lost half of what I recorded.

Here you go, I've completed P.C. Bobby. I'm rather embarrassed by the recordings as I tried to put on a deep English bobby's voice, but anywho, I've listed them below. Each sample has three different recordings so you can choose the best or take different parts of each one. If you're not happy with the voice or the recording (I don't have an amazing mic, just a standard gaming headset), let me know, or you could have someone else do P.C. Bobby instead. :thumbsup:

TOWNHALL4

FIREMAN LOST2

POLICEMAN CHALLENGE1

POLICEMAN CHALLENGE2

POLICEMAN WON

POLICEMAN LOST1

END20

ID_TEST4

All Samples

How's the mod coming along, anyway? Have you managed to put together the samples so far, as it seems we have most of them? If not, I'm happy to help should you need a hand.

• Like 1

Fluffy Cupcake

They sound... alright (only alright cause standard gaming headset quality. :P), but I think they'll do. I'm going to have to test them in game either later today or maybe this weekend.

It is coming along... alright. We are still missing McJ who has a ton of voices to do, and we are also missing two major roles, Rocket and Player from McStudz. Come on Mc's! You've got work to do.

I think I've got about half of them implemented (if not less). The tasks is not a very fun one, which is probably why I'm taking so long to do it. You can help if you like though! Although I'd have to grab a list of who/what is done.

@JimbobJeffers: The quality is not too shabby, the only bad thing is that the sound is distorted. To avoid that, just stay a little bit farther to the microphone when talking. And avoid speaking too loudly.

Anyway, I think that voice suits P.C. Bobby quite well, good job. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

They sound... alright (only alright cause standard gaming headset quality. :P), but I think they'll do. I'm going to have to test them in game either later today or maybe this weekend.

It is coming along... alright. We are still missing McJ who has a ton of voices to do, and we are also missing two major roles, Rocket and Player from McStudz. Come on Mc's! You've got work to do.

I think I've got about half of them implemented (if not less). The tasks is not a very fun one, which is probably why I'm taking so long to do it. You can help if you like though! Although I'd have to grab a list of who/what is done.

Yeah, again my apologies for that, that's the best mic I have available.

Of course! Just send me whatever it is you need working on, PM here or on Skype or whatever. Although I'm not on Skype very often so a PM here would be seen sooner.

@JimbobJeffers: The quality is not too shabby, the only bad thing is that the sound is distorted. To avoid that, just stay a little bit farther to the microphone when talking. And avoid speaking too loudly.

Anyway, I think that voice suits P.C. Bobby quite well, good job. :thumbsup:

Blush.gif Awww, shucks, thanks! :)

Fluffy Cupcake

If I recall I think I have Sandy Bay and Adventurers all done, I don't think I got started on any of the other three worlds.

Fluffy Cupcake

Do you use my Workman Fred sound or Ben's? If you use mine, he doesnt have to re-record all the sounds.

The votes have decided who's voice we are using... so yeah.

Riiight... I still need to get back to JJ's last post. Hopefully I'll remember later today.

• 4 weeks later...
Fluffy Cupcake

Slyboots, Postman Mike, and Cap'n Geoff shall follow soon.

Just a friendly remind that you still need to do this.

You too for recording your lines McJobless.

Anyone who has not done their parts (see list of shame) at the end of the week, I will be putting up for grabs. I'm sorry but this dragging has been going on for far too long.

If you need a week extension and know you will be able to do it, do say so.

Fret not though, if/whenever you are ready to actually be serious and can do a recording, you can come back to challenge the person doing your previously claimed part at any time if you think you can do a better job.

In other departments, does anyone want to help me with modifying the scripts to put the voices in game? I've got Sandy Bay done, I haven't done much past that yet.

It's a simple task, yet a tedious non-entertaining one.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I've finished revamping the lines for Doc, and I've also added some new versions of Achu, and also Workman Jon, after I noticed the line was slightly different.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pftr8v6o9mzzhle/OboeShoesLR2%202.zip?dl=0

Doc is generally louder and less tired sounding, though still 100% fake-British. Achu's line was a always a bit wonky, and hard to get a good delivery out of, so the 2 new ones I've included both have different inflections. Choose whichever one you want. Jon is essentially the same, just a bit more expressive and with a missing word added. 

I believe we're just waiting on a couple more. I'm looking forward to seeing it done.

• Like 1

Fluffy Cupcake

@[member=Quistaros Pugnat]; I'm sorry, but half of the recordings sound like you are talking from an empty, echoy room, I can't use these. Also, remember what I said about clipping? The "proud" in we are proud line is doing that (I can tell, even without looking in audacity).

@[member=Oboe Shoes]:

Achu - I like your old voice better.

Workman Jon - Not much to say here, it does sound a bit improving though.

Doc - Definitely an improvement here!

Fluffy Cupcake

I'm Looking for a voice actress to do Pippin Reed, my sister can do a well enough fake accent, but not a real enough real accent to do the part.

If anyone here has a friend or family who has an Classy English or British accent, please get them in here to do the part, it would be greatly appreciated! And maybe while they're at it they could also take over a few other spots so I don't just have two main voice actresses doing primarily all the voices?

Oh yeah, feel free to use the old one if you like it better. Personally, I don't have any strong feelings about any of them, I could never really get that line the way I liked it. I tried a few times to emulate his LR1 voice, but it's not really conducive to forming actual sentences with.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm Looking for a voice actress to do Pippin Reed, my sister can do a well enough fake accent, but not a real enough real accent to do the part.

I already provided you the voice banks for pippin reed last year, but you sister was better so mine weren't needed anymore.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cg3s9zk6gt2httt/Pippin%20Reed.zip?dl=0

The only problem is that I'm not a Woman. Oh well....

If you still going to use this voice, Let me know!

I might be able to do a few more revisions on things, like Achu's line, and maybe get someone for the last few female lines we need, but for now, here's Rigel's missing line from the finale.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/135634251/Ending.AIF

Also, this time I've included the unaltered version, if someone wants to try to play with it themselves. Personally, I like the modulation I've been using on my Rigel clips, but I'll let someone try to mess with this just the same, if they want.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/135634251/EndingNoFilter.AIF

I've done an attempt at editing your voice to something I think fits well with the aliens: http://oresome.rockraidersunited.com/download/210 If it's good enough for you all, I can apply the effects to all the martian voices.

Later I'm gonna try messing with the voices that you think are too similar. :)

Haha. It's very difficult to emulate a female voice if you're male, even with editing, so leaving this job to our few female voice actors is the best solution. On the other hand, editing a female voice to make it sound from another person is very easy, so making many different voice timbres shouldn't be too hard.

• Like 1

Haha. It's very difficult to emulate a female voice if you're male, even with editing, so leaving this job to our few female voice actors is the best solution. On the other hand, editing a female voice to make it sound from another person is very easy, so making many different voice timbres shouldn't be too hard.

Yes but this can be a backup-voicebank incase we cannot fine anyone.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.