◄[LR2] Voiced Scripts►

Fluffy Cupcake

Well this sure is interesting, and I'm up for helping out.

I'm interested in playing Workman Rob, Workman Jon, Fisherman, Doc (Arctic and Mars), Achu, and Bungo. If Riegel is still not spoken for, I could try him too, though I'm still trying to think of a fitting voice for him.

I'd also be up for any other misc characters that still need voicing if nobody else claims them.

• Like 1

I claim voicing Jay... because my actual real name is Jay  :P . Fair enough?

I'm not even lying about that, my actual name really is Jay.

Anyway, I'll try and get my line recorded within the next couple of days.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Fluffy Cupcake
Rioforce has his demo for Jimmy ready

I think I like the trailer second voice better.

What does everyone else think?

Shadowblaze

Rioforce has his demo for Jimmy ready

I think I like the trailer second voice better.

What does everyone else think?

Agreed. I could have just liked your post but I felt like replying to it. :P

And I don't have anything more to say! Dang, this post is really pointless.

Lol sounds like an interested thread. I can do a few voices. I have 2 main types that I always use;

Hanko: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9pt7y3ov3wb7k9x/Voice-Test-Hanko.mp3

Marwin: https://www.dropbox.com/s/tgiexjmup2s5ro0/Voice-Test-Marwin.mp3

I always do them pitched, but without would be possible as well.

Probarly not good enough, but I just gave it a shot LOL

• Like 1

Fluffy Cupcake
Probarly not good enough, but I just gave it a shot LOL

Yup yup, good enough. :thumbsup:

I'm not sure who to use it for though, so try taking a look at the list and see if you can find someone.

Here's the clips for my characters. I tried to give them all distinct voices, and I've removed the excess background noise, there's also a few alternate deliveries for a few lines in there.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/135634251/OboeShoesLR2.zip

I was pleasantly surprised with how Rigel came out, though I had a hard time getting Achu to sound any good, and I'm still not entirely sure if I like it, so let me know if there's anything you'd want to have changed.

Shadowblaze

Okay, I have a kinda important thing to say now.

If you're gonna voice someone like The Berg or Riegel, for the final version don't put effects on the voice by yourselves, I have the tools for that, and they're much more powerful than Audacity's effects.

By the way, I was thinking that aliens should talk pretty quickly or frantically, to resemble the original gibberish sound effect.

If you're gonna voice someone like The Berg or Riegel, for the final version don't put effects on the voice by yourselves, I have the tools for that, and they're much more powerful than Audacity's effects.

So, what you're trying to say is that we're all idiots and that you're better than us at something?

It's much better if the person who is doing the voice also does the effects, because they know what voice they're going for, and so they can also get their un-modified voice to match up with the effects they'll use.

Fluffy Cupcake
I was pleasantly surprised with how Rigel came out, though I had a hard time getting Achu to sound any good, and I'm still not entirely sure if I like it, so let me know if there's anything you'd want to have changed.

I definately like Bungo's voice. Achu's voice is okay, though you can still try to improve it if you like.

Doc's and Rigel's voices, okay.

Everyone else is great.

So, what you're trying to say is that we're all idiots and that you're better than us at something?

No. What Blaze is saying is that he has a program which can do a better job than the ones we use, and he wants to help improve our voice jobs with his better software. Blaze just wants to help, not make anyone look stupid.

Shadowblaze, I think I and the others would like to hear a sample of what 'effect' your program can do.

• Like 1

Yeah, the problem I seem to be having with Achu is trying to make his line not sound overly silly, not sure why but I'm having a hard time getting something tribal-sounding to sound natural saying it, I'll keep messing around.

Also, yeah, with Doc, after doing all of his lines, I'm still not sure if the accent really fits him. I think it's alright, but I might just do another pass of it in my normal speaking voice and see how it sounds.

MaelstromIslander

Yeah, the problem I seem to be having with Achu is trying to make his line not sound overly silly, not sure why but I'm having a hard time getting something tribal-sounding to sound natural saying it, I'll keep messing around.

I know alot about islander/trible stuff: and its to try the best you can to sound like king kahuka/emperor achu from LEGO Racers, that will help. (I have an ok islander voice because of that) so just take this as an advice. :P

Edit: Oh, you meant trying to say the line, not a voice... eh, messed up again. :P

Quisoves Potoo

At long last, here are my attempts.  I'm sorry for taking so long, Xiron. I hope that I have not abused your patience.

Here are Captain Geoff, the Scientist, and Slyboots.

Here is Sam Sanister.

Here is Reigel.

And finally, here is Mike the Postman.

I hope that you like them. I will gladly make any revisions within my abilities.

Cheers!

Shadowblaze

Shadowblaze, I think I and the others would like to hear a sample of what 'effect' your program can do.

There it is: LR2 Voice Effects Test_729832.zip

These voices aren't the final version, they're just concepts of how I want them to sound like. The Berg is supposed to have clinking noise on consonants. It will be hard to make, but at least he doesn't have many lines.

Ah, and I included the original sound file in case you were wondering what the modified voices are saying. Anyways, when I was making the sound, I didn't have many problems understanding what it was saying. The original line is "It's a smash hit".

And Xiron, to prevent incomprehension problems I think you should leave the subtitles on.

If it's okay, I'll stick to Doctor Dave, Pippin Reed, BB, Frosty and Forman Stu. I also try to do an alien voice too which means I'll claim Antares as well.

I've done a few testing recordings. What do you think?

Dr. Dave: https://www.dropbox.com/s/41hbbx5ondg9c4b/Dr.%20Dave%20-Test.wav

Foreman Stu: https://www.dropbox.com/s/oh1g6a7ydf59ral/Stu%20-Test.wav

Miss Pippin Reed: https://www.dropbox.com/s/tucyupih4prizdg/Pippin-Test.wav

BB: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wg4ckcrib3q3oly/BB%20-%20Test.wav

Antares: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ijqh9b7jj8qijnv/Antares%20-Test.wav

Frosty: https://www.dropbox.com/s/35kwu2obko9tbtx/Frosty%20-%20Test.wav

If anyone wants the funny alien effect, just send the files to me and I'll add it.

Fluffy Cupcake

@QP: Good for the most part, though I honestly thought your alien voices were pretty horrible, well at least the effect you put to them.

@ShadBlz: Oooh, nice effects you got there. I won't force people to use your effects, but I will recommend it.

@kajeuter: I downloaded your files, but couldn't play them, not even importing them into audactiy, heck, even raw importing into audacity, didn't even work.

• Like 1

@kajeuter: I downloaded your files, but couldn't play them, not even importing them into audactiy, heck, even raw importing into audacity, didn't even work.

I Updates the files. Try again please.

Fluffy Cupcake

Please give me a facepalm. I was right clicking the links as if they were a direct download. >.<

Great voices there kajeuter, love it! Though, I'm not sure if that was exactly how I pictured the Doctor's voice in my head, but hey, maybe someone else does so I guess that doesn't matter.

I love how everyone does a different effect for their alien voice. Some good, some bad.

Though, I'm not sure if that was exactly how I pictured the Doctor's voice in my head, but hey, maybe someone else does so I guess that doesn't matter.

Hmmm, I have another option for you to choose. I did a german-doctor like version too. I'll upload that later.

Quisoves Potoo

@QP: Good for the most part, though I honestly thought your alien voices were pretty horrible, well at least the effect you put to them.

I'm sorry to hear that about the aliens. What were you looking for?

I may attempt to redo them, but would like to know what to change.

Also, when is the deadline for a character? I assume that there has to be one in order for the community to choose a voice-actor where multiple persons are vying for the same role, but I haven't seen anything about one so far (I may very well have missed something.)

Fluffy Cupcake

I'm sorry to hear that about the aliens. What were you looking for?

I may attempt to redo them, but would like to know what to change.

Also, when is the deadline for a character? I assume that there has to be one in order for the community to choose a voice-actor where multiple persons are vying for the same role, but I haven't seen anything about one so far (I may very well have missed something.)

Maybe something like this (two sound layers of different pitch, nothing more), or perhaps let ShadowBlaze do his effect.

I said this one page ago:

To all: I just thought I'd point out one important guideline I added a few days ago in case some of you haven't re-read the post for additional updates that come in regularly.

You have two weeks to voice the character after you pick it. If you need an extenion let me know with reason why.

Why am I doing this? Well, I don't want you to pick a character and drag on for eternity with not doing the part. This also helps keep on that non-existant schedule that should exist but doesn't to not be pushy and rush quality work.

• Like 1

Quisoves Potoo

So you would prefer something more human (e.g. Marvin the Martian?)

I said this one page ago:

To all: I just thought I'd point out one important guideline I added a few days ago in case some of you haven't re-read the post for additional updates that come in regularly.

You have two weeks to voice the character after you pick it. If you need an extenion let me know with reason why.

Why am I doing this? Well, I don't want you to pick a character and drag on for eternity with not doing the part. This also helps keep on that non-existant schedule that should exist but doesn't to not be pushy and rush quality work.

I realize that you said this, but I was asking what the deadline for anyone to voice a character was. That is, the point after which no applications are allowed.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.