New Easy Simple Training Map. Crystal_Cloning.

RockRaiderWolf

RockRaiderWolf

The name came from the fact that prior to realizing that the extra buildings provide plenty of energy crystals I had planned (and still do plan) to attempt to write a script that spawns an energy crystal on the tutorial block whenever there is not one already there.

Anyway this map starts you off with one of every building access to plenty of crystals to power them and then another FIVE support stations to allow you to bring down a large number of raiders for you to train.

You should have all you need to train your army! :)

Note:it is an expanded version of the level one map.

Objective: collect 35 energy crystals.

DOWNLOAD here (Updated April 15th 2014)

PS: anyone else think it's annoying to only be able to tell one raider to go train even when you select multiple? :/

EDIT: I created the script to spawn a crystal at the block when there is not one but, it only seems to do it once.

Anyone know how to make it repeat the function (shown below)?

GetTutorialCrystals 1 = 0 ? SetTutorialCrystals 1 1

Edit: Updated to include the things I had forgotten. (mentioned in post yesterday at 11:00)

Edited by RockRaiderWolf

Why is there an objective if it's a training map? :S

And yes, it is annoying that only one raider trains at a time. The same with upgrading... Grr....

Feedback on the map:

1) Landslides. Muck around with SafeCaverns and NoFallins. It's a nuisance to have raiders on half health.

2) My plan was to DRILL EVERYTHING and then upgrade my raiders, but I hadn't noticed my crystal count and the objective is a nuisance.

3) You have to upgrade all the buildings... Can you fiddle with the NPL to make them fully upgraded? (I want to see how good laserses are, yes precious! *gollum* We wantses to zap stupid fat monsters (Debug key E) with them...)

4) Can you make it start with a Mining Laser on the map? My modded waffle has Explosive Experts training there, so... (I used a fresh copy of RR for this, but anyway...)

5) The instructions weren't very clear, so I replaced Level01 with this and it is hiding at the bottom of the game and I only noticed it with my mouse cursor wandering around.

I created the script to spawn a crystal at the block when there is not one but, it only seems to do it once.

Why! Make it stop at 50 crystals (and then set the objective to 60 or something. OR don't have an objective at all and just tell them when you're finished, teleport up the Tool Store (GetToolStoresOnLevel (or something) = 0? SetLevelCompleted) Or else your RR's don't stand still and you can't select them to upgrade...

Overall it's a good map for training, but it has some nuisances around.

O.T.
Can you use the RRU uploader next time? It's always at the top left of the page - a small thing that says 'Upload'

Why! Make it stop at 50 crystals (and then set the objective to 60 or something. OR don't have an objective at all and just tell them when you're finished, teleport up the Tool Store (GetToolStoresOnLevel (or something) = 0? SetLevelCompleted) Or else your RR's don't stand still and you can't select them to upgrade...

That is how my training map ends. The map is not too different from what I have already created. Okay, there are several more walls here and lava and a monster and you can use the mining laser. 

I think you should write the cfg entry for the level as for it makes the import a lot quicker and easier.

RockRaiderWolf

@aidenpons

Why is there an objective if it's a training map? :S

And yes, it is annoying that only one raider trains at a time. The same with upgrading... Grr....

Feedback on the map:

1) Landslides. Muck around with SafeCaverns and NoFallins. It's a nuisance to have raiders on half health.

2) My plan was to DRILL EVERYTHING and then upgrade my raiders, but I hadn't noticed my crystal count and the objective is a nuisance.

3) You have to upgrade all the buildings... Can you fiddle with the NPL to make them fully upgraded? (I want to see how good laserses are, yes precious! *gollum* We wantses to zap stupid fat monsters (Debug key E) with them...)

4) Can you make it start with a Mining Laser on the map? My modded waffle has Explosive Experts training there, so... (I used a fresh copy of RR for this, but anyway...)

5) The instructions weren't very clear, so I replaced Level01 with this and it is hiding at the bottom of the game and I only noticed it with my mouse cursor wandering around.

I created the script to spawn a crystal at the block when there is not one but, it only seems to do it once.

*Why! Make it stop at 50 crystals (and then set the objective to 60 or something. OR don't have an objective at all and just tell them when you're finished, teleport up the Tool Store (GetToolStoresOnLevel (or something) = 0? SetLevelCompleted) Or else your RR's don't stand still and you can't select them to upgrade...

Overall it's a good map for training, but it has some nuisances around.

O.T.
Can you use the RRU uploader next time? It's always at the top left of the page - a small thing that says 'Upload'

1. Okay I can guess what the Nofallins does and will add it, but what does safecaverns do? been meaning to ask anyway.

2. Will change the objective.

3. I will try to add that.

4. It does start with a mining laser on the map? If I recall correctly it is only 4 squares down from the toolstore and right below the geological center.

5. Well I was unusually tired at the time so I forgot a few things I usually include (such as the new levelpick.bmp and the correct file tree (such as putting things in folders so you can just merge them.)

Plus if you look at the screenshots you will see it is set to go right below level25. (forgot to link them except on the blog entry)

you say it as if you think it would spawn them one at a time or something but, that is not the case and also I had mentioned that it wasn't on purpose that it only had one, I just couldn't get it to repeat.

** I really don't like the inability to remove things after I upload them. I May however decide to use the RRU for the final versions of things. 

@alan

That is how my training map ends. The map is not too different from what I have already created. Okay, there are several more walls here and lava and a monster and you can use the mining laser. 

I think you should write the cfg entry for the level as for it makes the import a lot quicker and easier.

For some reason the fact that sending the toolstore back up was how your level was COMPLETED slipped my mind. I will fix my level so it does it this way, or something very similar. 

I did write the cfg entry? it is in the ReadMe.ini 

I did write the cfg entry? it is in the ReadMe.ini

Yep, I found that.

but what does safecaverns do? been meaning to ask anyway.

(I think): Nofallins related to the Fall.map file and prevents those from occurring, whereas SafeCaverns refers to random landslides that happen) which is why Recharge Seams can landslide.

you say it as if you think it would spawn them one at a time or something but, that is not the case and also I had mentioned that it wasn't on purpose that it only had one, I just couldn't get it to repeat.

To get it to repeat... Oh right, you're using one of the fangled DDI npls which you can't change ANYTHING with. :P

In one of your own (which might look a wee bit like this), it should work fine.

TRUE ? SetR1 0
TRUE ? SetR2 0
TRUE ? SetR3 0

...blah blah blah...

GetCrystalsCurrentlyStored < 49? :randomloop

randomloop: {
GetCrystalsOnRecordBlock (or whatever the function is) = 0 ? AddCrystalsOnRecordBlock (or whatever) 1 1 (assuming it's on tuto block 1)
}

GetToolStoresOnLevel = 0 ? SetLevelCompleted

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.