Jump to content

The Story of Choice


Mysteli
 Share

Recommended Posts

There once was a man named Ozzie. Ozzie worked as a ticket salesman in the metro station. The station was always busy with people always needing to get from one place to another. Though today, a half-hour after the afternoon rush hour something peculiar happened. For the last thirty minutes not a single person had come by, and neither had any of the scheduled trains, and his co-worker who had gone for break that should of returned ten minutes ago had not yet returned. Ozzie thought to himself "What is going on here? Where is all the activity? Has something happened that I haven't not heard of?" So many questions started to arise in his head, so many that Ozzie needed to do something.

 

You are Ozzie, what do you do?

A) Wait around longer

B) Head up to the surface (leave station)

C) Investigate the station

 

 

Rules:

You get to narrate after your vote, so long as there are no overruling votes. (give a bit of time, 12-24 hours?)

Leader (first voter) of the most voted choice gets done, if tie it is first come first served basis.

Choosers should not know what is coming when choosing. Example: Do X which causes the power goes off.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Now do I make up a choice, or do I wait for you to make another little subscript?

After posting I realized I had not put in enough details and want to edit in more, but could not (approval process). Anyhow, added rules to OP, and no, you do not make up a choice, at least not until the story ends...

I'm going to wait to see if I get a bit more responses before going on, to see if others options gets voted more. If there is a draw, it is a first come first served basis.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ok, so since 2 votes for c) within 24 hrs, I will continue... I think.

 

Ozzie wandered over to the station. He discovered that the door inside had been locked. As it could not be locked outside, the locker would have to be inside. While he was pondering, a train rushed past. 'Oh well, at lease the trains are running' he thought. But as he looked he saw that there were no passengers and indeed no driver.

 

What do you do?

1) Unlock the door

2) Stop the train by means of ALANDSLIDE the emergency stopper that deactivates the main power... somehow... or something...

3) Wait around to see if another train comes past or the co-worker comes back.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nananananana, that's fine someswedish. We just need to wait until a third person comes along. If he votes a) then Xiron writes the next bit, (since his option won and he was first). If he votes b) then SomeSwedish writes the next bit, as his chosen got the most votes and he was first. If the person chooses c) and nothing else happens, then Xiron narrates as first come first served.

 

It's been 24hrs... I was thinking to extend it to 48hrs?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

someswedish

Nah, lets move on

 

its fine, but i really would like more people to join in and vote.

 

(Ok, Xiron gave me permission to write the next part of the story since he wouldn't be able to)

 

Ozzie attempted to unlock the door, but he couldn't see any way to open it. looking around his surroundings he saw nothing of interest, the empty train has passed by and Ozzie was all alone. But then a piece of paper floats to he direction of the train. But as Ozzie thought about catching the piece of paper, he hears a odd noise from the distance.

 

What do you do?

 

A) Take the paper and examine it

B) Investigate the strange noise

C) Ignore both of these and await for anyone or anything else to appear

Link to comment
Share on other sites

MaelstromIslander

Why haven't i grabbed that pen and started writing by now... Eh, i'll have to continue the story (of choice).

 

Ozzie went to investigate the noise in which was the sound of wheels from another train that pulled up at the station and, once again, there was no driver or passengers. He looks at the cockpit and sees the key to unlock the door inside. But then he hears the noise of foot steps coming from the area where the paper was.

 

What do you do?

 

A) Attempt to get the key.

 

B) Try to open the door again without the key.

 

C) Investigate the strange noise of foot steps

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jump out of the window

I love it when people don't read and ruin something by doing so... the setting is currently underground, and you need to pick one of the choices listed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

someswedish

Ozzie decided to board the train to pick up the key from the cockpit. The train is uncannily clean of dust and people as Ozzie enters, where has everybody gone? Is something wrong?

Many questions circle Ozzie until he arrives at the cockpit and picks up the keys to the room. suddenly, the train starts moving!

 

I't was going very slow, but it was still moving by itself away from the direction Ozzie arrived in.

He examined the controls, he has no idea how any of it works.

 

Ozzie ...

 

A) ...Attempts to stop the train by trial and error

B) ...Calms down and hope that the train eventually stops somewhere

C) ...Tries to escape the train

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hmmm. This is hard. The real me would try to get the heck out of there, but I'm interested by figuring it out.

 

Given that Ozzie seems the inquisitive type, i choose A)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So many switches and buttons and no manual, Ozzie flicked a switch here and another there and pressed a tons of buttons with no luck, it was as if the train was in auto-pilot mode and there was no off switch! After 5 long minutes of having tried nearly everything in the control room, he finally gave up.

 

What do you do now?

A) Wait around the control room

B) Wander around the connected passenger areas

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.