Windows 8 x64 bit white window

Lustberry

Hey there!

i've tried actually everything i could find. I'm trying to run LRR on my windows 8 and every time in windowed mode i just get white, totally uniteractive window with starting sound of game (the one normally hearable while LEGO logo being build out of lego pieces as far as i remember). After the sound ends nothing more happens and window is not responding. Full-screen mode gives the same sound effect, but screen is blank (showing desktop or another windows) and i can't do anything using mouse.

I have Intel® HD Graphics 4000 and NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M graphic cards.

I've tried to:

- run with any combination of 16-bit and 8-bit coloured mode

- run with any combination of compatibilty modes

'?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

'?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>> (it just crashed while the game went white-window)

I don't have any solutions left. What else should i try? How can i run it with my other graphic card?

Car CrazeXVI

That sounds like what happened to me when I tried to play with an outdated version of d3drm. Your Rock Raiders CD will have a newer version, so try putting the newer dll in system32 (or the RR installation folder if you want it to be used by RR only) and see if that works. I just tried this to be sure - I got a white window, but it just crashed immediately, so maybe that's not the problem, but feel free to try this anyway. Still, this seems so familiar...

edit: @mumboking oh wow I completely forgot that existed.

edt2: I knew this post was useless.

Thought of that too. First i had no d3drm.dll so game started to yell about this. I downloaded some random d3drm.dll and tried to run - white window. I thought it may be corrupted - i replaced the one i downloaded with the one on CD. Tried to run - white window again ;/
And... come on, win8! 

Your DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer  is not compatibile with this system ;/

Well, program worked, but according to DirectX.log in Windows folder, it changed nothing _._

I already had all the files in newest versions.

PS. I tried to run game just in case i did not notice something... Well. White window strikes again.

RockRaiderWolf

Since you said that it runs just the sound from the lego logo I'm wondering if the Directx videos are causing some sort of problem?  after making backups of them, I suggest decompiling the .wads using wad recycler and then open up your lego.cfg in PSPad. Search the file for "DontPlayAvis" and then to the right of it replace "FALSE" with "True". Save the Lego.cfg file and then re-compile the wads making sure they have the same names as before and are in the same folder. Now try starting up the game again and see if it works. if it still doesn't work still let us know if there was any change in the error.

Whoa :D
Skipping the intro avi has solved everything. Game is working properly. I'm still not sure though why did it cause to crash the game, my Windows Media Player had totally no problem with intro avi. 

Still, thanks, Wolf! ;)

RockRaiderWolf

Glad to hear that! :D I can't be sure what the problem would have been I just know that Divx/Avi videos have sometimes acted a bit odd for me and figured maybe it was some glitch in the playback of it. just know that white screen like that is often some issue with a program freezing up for some reason or another so it may have been freezing up and auto-crashing because the game engine was failing to get the next avi to play or something.

Well enjoy the game. :)

One more thing - i actually had also to remove every "video" lane in missions settings in lego.cfg file, because game was freezing identically - playing sound, showing previous, frozen screen and with window not responding. Anyway, game itself works fine, though i found a funny glitch - when you pause the game during mission and let the computer go to sleep mode - it kind of forgets all the textures. If you reload the misson only some of textures remain "forgotten" resulting in funny, triangle-build creatures wandering around your base :D (Rock Raiders textures, buildings remained just black :D)

• 2 weeks later...
RockRaiderWolf

One more thing - i actually had also to remove every "video" lane in missions settings in lego.cfg file, because game was freezing identically - playing sound, showing previous, frozen screen and with window not responding. Anyway, game itself works fine, though i found a funny glitch - when you pause the game during mission and let the computer go to sleep mode - it kind of forgets all the textures. If you reload the misson only some of textures remain "forgotten" resulting in funny, triangle-build creatures wandering around your base :D (Rock Raiders textures, buildings remained just black :D)

lol on the triangle creatures. yah I should have thought of the level videos.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.