Gypsy Moth

BadDream

After some crashes and errors I managed to create this:

This overwrites eskimo helmet, eskimo girl(?), arctic torso and blue legs.

BLUEST HEAD_HOLE.MIP goes to: game data/common/textures.

PLAYER EIGHT FACEs goes to: game data/characters/heads/textures.

PLAYER EIGHT TORSO.MIP AND PLAYER EIGHT LEGS.MIP goes to: game data/characters/bodies/textures.

PLAYER8.MD2 goes to: game data/characters/heads/models.

Remember to backup your files!

Download LR1 Version

Download LR2 version

Shadowblaze

Looks nice. The head has the same quality as the other textures in LR2, but the body doesn't quite fit. Have you changed all the LR plastic colors to the corresponding ones in LR2? That might fix what I think doesn't work well.

Nifty. Though, could you put them in a zip and upload them here to RRU?

I just fixed it (about 5 hours ago).

The head has the same quality as the other textures in LR2, but the body doesn't quite fit. Have you changed all the LR plastic colors to the corresponding ones in LR2?

I'm not sure what colors you meant so I tried this:

Still plastic?

Shadowblaze
Still plastic?

Whoops, I didn't explain well, did I?

I meant that the pieces' colors might be wrong. For example, Gypsy Moth's legs' dark grey and blue might be in a different color than LR2's dark grey and blue. There. I think I explained it the best way I could.

For example, Gypsy Moth's legs' dark grey and blue might be in a different color than LR2's dark grey and blue.

So you mean I should use Lr2 colors instead of Lr1? So it would look something like:

250px-GypsyMoth.jpg

From Brickipedia.

I still don't have motivation to edit these since this is my first texture I have made. Sure it could have done better but... I like these "plastic" colors. :)

Shadowblaze

So you mean I should use Lr2 colors instead of Lr1?

Yes.

I still don't have motivation to edit these since this is my first texture I have made. Sure it could have done better but... I like these "plastic" colors. :)

Do the edits whenever you feel like it. Also, by "plastic" I meant the pieces, I didn't use it as an adjective. Still me being unable to explain stuff. :P

MaelstromIslander

there's only one thing every man is going to ask in his life, when someone makes a gypsy moth texture in LR2:

MAKE ALPHA DRACONIS :0

I don't care how he looks or what his colors are, you have to make him. O_O

there's only one thing every man is going to ask in his life, when someone makes a gypsy moth texture in LR2:

MAKE ALPHA DRACONIS :0

I don't care how he looks or what his colors are, you have to make him. O_O

Alpha Draconis would look good in this game...

Unfortunately he would look quite... empty without he's helmet. And currently there's no way to add it to the game. Right guys?

Shadowblaze

Unfortunately he would look quite... empty without he's helmet. And currently there's no way to add it to the game. Right guys?

As of now, it's impossible to mod custom modes in game. And yes, without helmet he looks rather ugly. :P We really need to find out how to edit the models and not break the game...

MaelstromIslander

And yes, without helmet he looks rather ugly.

Gypsy Moth is female.

He meant alpha draconis.

And yes, without helmet he looks rather ugly.

Gypsy Moth is female.

Yes she is, but the "He" in that statement was referring not to Gypsy Moth but to Alpha Draconis.

EDIT: Sniped.

lol username

Ah, I see. Though the Zotaxians tend to look better with helmets as well - otherwise the hair clashes a bit with the bald top.

On 7/16/2014 at 0:06 PM, jamesster said:
Zotaxians

Trust jamesster to know what they're called :P

On the model itself, as Shadowblaze said, the arms and legs are really Old Stone Grey but in your model they're black.

And a pity about the helmet....

Shadowblaze

Sorry to bother you again, BadDream, but the colors are respectively dark grey and black, not light grey and dark grey. Also, the blue on hands and that part of the legs isn't the right shade of blue. Have you took the colors the textures COL_DARKGREY (or a similar name), COL_BLACK and COL_BLUE, or from the other body textures? Otherwise the color will always be wrong.

Sorry to bother you again, BadDream, but the colors are respectively dark grey and black, not light grey and dark grey. Also, the blue on hands and that part of the legs isn't the right shade of blue. Have you took the colors the textures COL_DARKGREY (or a similar name), COL_BLACK and COL_BLUE, or from the other body textures? Otherwise the color will always be wrong.

I'll never get this right...

Alright, I'll use those colors but where I'm going to use COL_BLACK? To torso?

Shadowblaze
Alright, I'll use those colors but where I'm going to use COL_BLACK? To torso?

Yes, COL_BLACK for the torso, COL_DARKGREY(orwhateverthatis) for the arms and legs, COL_BLUE for the belt, the hands and the head.

Anyway, I didn't even think about this mod and started just ranting. I must say that this is a nice idea, good job. :thumbsup:

Alroght, all done (hopefully....). Hopefully now it's good enough! (Yes, I'm talking to you Shadowblaze ;P )

Shadowblaze

Alroght, all done (hopefully....). Hopefully now it's good enough! (Yes, I'm talking to you Shadowblaze ;P )

I think I've seen the changes, does the fixed pic have "1C" in the name?

Anyway, I can see that you edited just the blue. Dude, the torso has to be black, not dark grey! :P And the arms and legs have to be not just grey, but dark grey. Use the one in the files, I've repeated that a couple times now. Just look at the reference original minifigure, you will understand what I am talking about.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.