Unused Stuff in IXS

lol username

Has this been discussed here before? There's unused stuff in IXS and if it hasn't been discussed yet I think it should.

I haven't looked at every corner of the game's guts, or tried to figure out any of what I did come across, but here's a couple things I'd noticed a while back while looking for other stuff... Maybe somebody else will be a bit more interested and dig into it all.

cdcZ01LGICUTSCENESSAYTEXTOLD_CUTSCENE_TEXT.TXT

Pretty obvious. IXS's text doesn't seem to be in an easily readable format (at least if you're just eyeballing it) but there's some shreds of readable text near the beginning which I haven't seen in-game:

S..€....13ACPTREDG:Great. I’ll get my br....oomíOh,é did notice thÖ.B . iýlefûañraiÌof pizz.2‚.a
cdcQUESTS

Quest-related stuff, plenty of it doesn't seem related to anything in-game. What exactly are these files responsible for? Are they scripting or something? I have no clue! But there's stuff like 78MEDICALWORRY.QST, 82BIRDNEST.QST, HOTTUB.QST, ARSEPIE.QST... uh, yeah. Might be worth looking into.

• Like 4

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.