Classic LEGO Games Ported to Garry's Mod/SFM

Fluffy Cupcake

Whoopee! Have an upgraded-Chrome-Crusher-bucket-load of Energy Crystals, you deserve it for all the effort you've put in. :thumbsup:

Now you just need to find someone to make them playable into playable characters for you!

Fluffy Cupcake

I do ineed.

Hey, lookie where I made it to: :D

Wshop.png

Not only the workshop front page, but now on the game's page too!

Also, the stats as of this post are:

5,584 Unique Visitors (Public number)
3,764 Current Subscribers (Public number)
122 Current Favorites (Public number)

Oboe Shoes

So yeah, these are fun.

large.2015-05-23_00002.jpg.b318975fa4e1c

Quick little image I threw together aside, nice work. Some of the ragdolls take a bit of angling to pose, but they're really fun once you get the hang of it. Haven't checked out the SFM versions yet, but the Gmod ports are working really nicely.

• Like 3

Haven't checked out the SFM versions yet, but the Gmod ports are working really nicely.

The SFM version is a-okay (and, personally, is easier to pose), the only problem is that next time Xiron updates the Classic Games Pack, expect Pepper (in any saved projects/animamtions) to turn into mashed potato;

ntghQeB.png

(And yes, this has happened to me a couple of times)

MaelstromIslander
Yes but...

...wouldn't you rather me make a pack out of the LEGO Digital Designer bricks (or other, if someone has a better suggestion) so there would be a good LEGO mod?

Oh, sure. That sounds fine. Maybe i could even build a horrible fragile LEGO House. :P

Fluffy Cupcake

Could upload the gmod pack on oresome bucket?

​No. You can download the files off the workshop like everyone else.

lol username

I was chatting with PeabodySam and:

3:39 PM - PeabodySam: Speaking of which, thanks to Xiron's model pack, GMod now has a ton of LEGO characters...
3:39 PM - PeabodySam: ... and the Darkitect is not among them.
3:39 PM - PeabodySam: So I'm tempted to make my Spy!Darkitect standing with minifig!Bob and minifig!Johnny looking rather jealous.

I've got nothing to do today so I exported the Darkitect meshes from a cutscene's nif (that one cutscene being only place he actually appeared in-game in LU). His hat and cape were part of the same mesh as his body, so I separated them into their own groups and deleted the body (which had some weird stuff going on with the face geometry, and you've got minifigs already), and cleaned them up a bit, along with his staff.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hnr7a5oei5zww7h/Darkitect accessories.zip?dl=0

"darkitect_staff" is just the staff as it came straight from being exported. "better darkitect staff" is cleaned up slightly - stuff welded together, and some hidden polygons removed. The secondary versions of the objs had "smoothing exported per group" - aka there's an extra line that says "s 1" right after each group is defined. Probably won't make a difference, but some 3D editors are picky and I don't know what the workflow of getting something into gmod is like, so I just included with and without them in case those little lines somehow make something throw up. I imagine the cape will have to be rigged, and both the cape and hat given better origin points (they currently hover where they were when part of the Darkitect's mesh), everything given proper materials, etc.

XrPmgaw.png

• Like 2

Fluffy Cupcake

Aaaalrighty then. I'll see what I can do about that very suggestive post seeming to be a request. ;P

Fluffy Cupcake

that very suggestive post​

Not on our clean forums, surely?

:o

​My face when someone takes something out of context: -.-

So about Darkitect. I found the animations and textures for that animations and all (even the big creepy face) all going by the name Darkitect, but do you guys know if his minifigure texture actually exists anywhere? I haven't seen them, and the minifigure is impossible to do without them.

O.T. You can merge this with my last post if you wish.

that very suggestive post​

Not on our clean forums, surely?

:o

​My face when someone takes something out of context: -.-

So about Darkitect. I found the animations and textures for that animations and all (even the big creepy face) all going by the name Darkitect, but do you guys know if his minifigure texture actually exists anywhere? I haven't seen them, and the minifigure is impossible to do without them.

O.T. You can merge this with my last post if you wish.

Take a good look at the Darkitect and then ask the question again.

• Like 1

lol username

Why would he need another texture? He's solid black except for the face. That's the whole texture. (Not like textures are the only ways to do these things either - they could have only had the texture applied to the head, then done the rest with vertex colors or just in the material, if they'd wanted to. Keeping it in one material/mesh/draw call like this is cleaner/faster, though.)

A43eWPF.png

Fluffy Cupcake

Why would he need another texture? He's solid black except for the face.

The LU wiki and other sources show otherwise.

Unless you were wanting just the form of him that appeared in the vision, then that way it shall be done. In this case, I take it you want the primary skin of the gem on the staff to be black and not blue?

lol username

I'm an admin on the wiki - also, going by a statistics page, apparently I have the highest edit count there aside from the local bot. We've been talking about the Darkitect - maybe if you actually read the wiki page you'd see that means the dark corrupted version of him, not Baron Typhonus, who was just a normal minifigure.

I take it you want the primary skin of the gem on the staff to be black and not blue?

Why would it be blue if you're re-creating the Darkitect? Though I don't really "want" anything; as said, PeabodySam just mentioned the Darkitect, so I provided the accessories in case anybody wanted to do something with them. I don't use gmod myself.

Fluffy Cupcake

I see... I see. I did partially read over the page but the information didn't sink in. =P

As for you not using Gmod and providing accessories: Alrighty then.

PeabodySam

Though I don't really "want" anything; as said, PeabodySam just mentioned the Darkitect, so I provided the accessories in case anybody wanted to do something with them. I don't use gmod myself.

​All because I made a bad joke.

Or rather, I didn't actually make a bad joke.

I just talked about making a bad joke.

But then I went ahead and actually made the bad joke anyways.

• Like 2

RacerRabbit

I just signed up to Steam and bought Gmod. How do I download your classic Lego pack exactly? I've subscribed to you on the workshop page. What do I do next?

I just signed up to Steam and bought Gmod. How do I download your classic Lego pack exactly? I've subscribed to you on the workshop page. What do I do next?

​Loading up the game does it for you.

Fluffy Cupcake

​Maybe you could find a decal here if you are trying for Baron Typhonus http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?s=224b417eafabb2a061665b9f6b1b1261&showforum=90

​Thanks, but without a search function I don't think looking there will be very helpful. I tried the "site: " trick on Google to search that site specifically, but nothing of use came up.

Wow, that's pretty neat! You can still download the original from the BioMedia Project (I think it's called Project Brick now? That's new to me). If someone could reproduce the story side of things, that'd be the icing on the cake.

Fluffy Cupcake

I've got nothing to do today so I exported the Darkitect meshes from a cutscene's nif (that one cutscene being only place he actually appeared in-game in

LU

). His hat and cape were part of the same mesh as his body, so I separated them into their own groups and deleted the body (which had some weird stuff going on with the face geometry, and you've got minifigs already), and cleaned them up a bit, along with his staff.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hnr7a5oei5zww7h/Darkitect accessories.zip?dl=0

​As there are numerous files for Darkitect's reveal animation, which one was that exactly? Better yet, can you export the models as .dae? (If you are using NifSkope), that is much more useful to me then .obj version of the files, as everything like rigs are saved (which would be useful for the cape).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.