TIME Magazine Declares LEGO As "Most Influential Toy"

STUDZ

The website for TIME Magazine posted a report on the thirteen most influential toys of all time about a week ago. Product lines from Cabbage Patch Dolls to Star Wars figures to dolls from a relatively new Disney Junior show called "Doc McStuffins" are among these influential playthings. And three guesses as to what was at the top of the heap?

Yes, LEGO is not only the top grossing toy company right now, but also the one that has influenced so many. This comes as no big surprise among its fans, but it's refreshing to know that external sources are also recognizing LEGO as such a huge thing. As it said in the article, â€œI hear more stories about people who have become architects and engineers because they had a love for building with LEGOs†than I have heard people say, ‘I became a lawyer because I had a lawyer Barbie.'â€

Sources: http://time.com/3089384/influential-toys/
  • Like 6

LEGOs

:rf:

That aside, it's nice to see that Lego isn't viewed as a bunch of plastic bricks overrunning the planet. And to be honest, I'm rather surprised TIME didn't go for an American toy. They always use American stuff, whenever they can, even if it's the "World's top blahblahblah."

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.