Pereki Plays a LEGO Video Game

emily

I've been wanting to give this a try for a while, and now I finally have the time and resources. We're playing a LEGO game. But not just any old LEGO game. Continue on, dear poster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXYENUqEzbk&feature=youtu.be

The video quality is outrageous on the main menu, but it cleans up in the actual game. Accidentally recorded on the wrong audio settings, so the for this first episode you can't hear the game, but I assure you that there isn't much you've missed aside for the terribly delivered dialogue in the opening cutscene. Basically, Nick decides to drive the Egg with his feet because he is a lazy jerk, and while everyone is telling him to just stop being a gosh darn lazy jerk for goodness sake they are attacked by Gorm's Dreadnaught and captured. Jens the robot hacks into the ship's computer and escapes with Nick, but everyone else had already been sent off on another ship.

• Like 7

ProfessorBrickkeeper

Suddenly, LI2 looks very, very good.

(I'm also afraid we're going to have to kill you now. I'm sorry if you don't like it, but I'm afraid that is the way it is going to have to be.)

I can't hear the game audio. Sometimes it's very faint, sometimes I can't hear it at all. This makes your comments on dialogue and music a bit awkward. But it's still a good showcase of this game's crap-tascticness.

I can't hear the game audio. Sometimes it's very faint, sometimes I can't hear it at all. This makes your comments on dialogue and music a bit awkward. But it's still a good showcase of this game's crap-tascticness.

Accidentally recorded on the wrong audio settings, so the for this first episode you can't hear the game, but I assure you that there isn't much you've missed aside for the terribly delivered dialogue in the opening cutscene.

JrMasterModelBuilder

Hang on. Galidor wasn't originally released on PC back in 2003? I seem to remember there being an article in the LEGO Magazine that I thought showed screenshots and tips about the game, along-side BIONICLE: The Game. I guess that doesn't mean it was actualy released, but I though it was.

BTW, a lot of laptops have number-pab input via FN + other keys. It's also possible to script some with autokotkey.

ProfessorBrickkeeper

BTW, a lot of laptops have number-pab input via FN + other keys. It's also possible to script some with autokotkey.

Yes, but that that brings up the question: why would you go through that much effort for such a (terrible) game as GALIDOR?

• Like 3

Hang on. Galidor wasn't originally released on PC back in 2003? I seem to remember there being an article in the LEGO Magazine that I thought showed screenshots and tips about the game, along-side BIONICLE: The Game. I guess that doesn't mean it was actualy released, but I though it was.

Yeah. It's completely possible that it did see release on the original date in some form, but I've scrounged around the internet for original copies and always came up dry.

Yes, but that that brings up the question: why would you go through that much effort for such a (terrible) game as GALIDOR?

This is why at the moment I'm still waffling between the idea of going to the trouble or not. But things get really bad with the camera in the coming levels, so we'll see...

Basically, Nick decides to drive the Egg with his feet because he is a lazy jerk.

sprmn.gif

Well that makes complete and utter sense. By chance, were the game devs writing the plot for this game with their feet too? And were they also programming this with their feet? Because it sure as heck looks like it. :P

Galidor always seemed a bit generic to me... The game feels even more generic. The core essence of every mediocre early 2000s action-y-adventure-y-platform-y video game: the video game.

• Like 3

ProfessorBrickkeeper

Nick always dies so dramatically. It's just what this game needed, dramatic death.

Now if only it happened sooner in the actual TV series. We would all have been saved a lot of pain that way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EP0ijPd5ts4&feature=youtu.be

WILL NICK BLUETOOTH DEFEAT THE MOST POWERFUL PERSON EVER (except for gorm)???

WILL NICK BLUETOOTH DEFEAT THE MOST POWERFUL PERSON EVER (except for gorm)???

I laughed way too much at this line. A writing fail totally occurred here. xD 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jJGlWmXOnE&feature=youtu.be

Nick escapes an exploding sewer and fights short purple warriors that enjoy bouncing off of walls mechanically without making a single motion.

lol username

I feel bad for whoever had to do QA testing for this.

"What do I do today, boss?"

"Go to that flying level, collect all the collectibles five times over, and make sure you can die everywhere you should be able to. Also sometimes nothing happens when hitting the ice for the final time, could you narrow down the exact conditions which trigger that?"

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.