LR2 Custom Car Unpacker

Quisoves Potoo

Oh my god it works THANKS ALOT!

I bassicly made a copy of Rocket racers car and made it to WARRIOR and the real ccd of warrior i just added a - and IT worked!

By the way how can you take screenshots? Cause i wanna show if im right! :D

BUT THANKS!

Quisoves Potoo

Oh my god it works THANKS ALOT!

I bassicly made a copy of Rocket racers car and made it to WARRIOR and the real ccd of warrior i just added a - and IT worked!

By the way how can you take screenshots? Cause i wanna show if im right! :D

BUT THANKS!

Glad to be of service!

To take a screenshot, simply press F10, and a photo will saved to "DocumentsGamesLEGO Racers 2Photos"

Quisoves Potoo
I completely respect and understand that, but in my quick testing I've uncovered three easily-fixable bugs

What be they, pray tell?

Yea, you'll need to explain your use case for me here...

the .strip solution seems to work fine. Thanks!

I completely respect and understand that, but in my quick testing I've uncovered three easily-fixable bugs

What be they, pray tell?

1. Running CCDU.exe with no arguments throws an IndexError (presumably because sys.argv[1] is not real).
  2. Passing an non-existent file path throws a FileNotFoundError from ccd.py line 28.
  3. Passing a file path throws a PermissionError from the same location. The one liner fix for both of these issues:

if os.path.isfile(inFile):

# Read file

4. Passing a file that is not a SaveGame file (for example, python34.dll) still outputs files. You'll want to confirm the file passed is indeed a save game (usually by checking if certain offset(s) match an actual save file).

OK, that's four bugs. No, I was not counting from 0 earlier. I found the third one while writing this post. :P

Yea, you'll need to explain your use case for me here...

the .strip solution seems to work fine. Thanks!

Well then. That is interesting. You're welcome, I guess. :P

Quisoves Potoo

Running CCDU.exe with no arguments throws an IndexError (presumably because sys.argv[1] is not real). Passing an non-existent file path throws a FileNotFoundError from ccd.py line 28. Passing a file path throws a PermissionError from the same location. The one liner fix for both of these issues: if os.path.isfile(inFile): # Read file Passing a file that is not a SaveGame file (for example, python34.dll) still outputs files. You'll want to confirm the file passed is indeed a save game (usually by checking if certain offset(s) match an actual save file). OK, that's four bugs. No, I was not counting from 0 earlier. I found the third one while writing this post. :P

Thanks!

Fortunately, none of them impede the tool's functions, but that last one in particular was rather clumsy of me. I'll be sure to fix those in version 1.1.

Small correction: bug three should read "Passing a folder path throws a PermissionError", e.g. "CCDU.exe C:UsersFolder". Maybe you knew what I meant, but better safe than sorry. ;)

I'll be sure to fix those in version 1.1.

Sweet. Seriously, I am looking forward to reading your source code. It's odd, but I often like to see the code of beginners. It gives me as a "teacher" (hahaha :P), tutorial writer, and programmer an idea of the common mistakes and failures beginners make, and where I can work to help prevent those mistakes. So don't start trying to make your code all "right" or anything because I said this. I am not going to judge you or stuff like that, just simple observation and analysis. :)

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

So I replace the file, but nothing happens.  We replace the file in game data carbuilder carcraze warrior1 with one of our save game files that we rename, I go to arcade, xalax, but I don't see any differences.  What am I doing wrong? 

Edit:  I don't know why this would make a difference, but I choose the race Wheeled Warriors.

Fluffy Cupcake

Do any other changes you make to the game work (non. CCD changes)?  If so, by what you said I don't know why it shouldn't be working.

Well, aside from the fact you said " warrior1", because no file exists with that name (at least not with the 1 in it).

I haven't made any changes other than this, so I wouldn't know.  I mean warrior when I said warrior1 (warrior 1 was what I changed it to)

Edit: When I try to recompile the exe using LR2DeveloperPatcher my game is just crashing in the intro, had to go back to my original now.

Second Edit:  What I originally said wasn't true.  I did make some edits originally to the game, and they did work.  However, something happened to the edits, and they reverted for some reason. 

• 1 year later...

Would it be possible to have background vehicles be drivable. Example: Sandy Bay beach trike on the northern beach? 

I've replaced a chassis with a 1x2 and flag piece with a dingy which was the best I can do

Also replaced a hover car chassis with a 2x4 plate and another flag piece with another hover car which is kinda glitchy 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

It's an interesting tool I gotta say 

Reviewing it as a Video is complicated though, trying to stay behind the guy for me is a challenge for me haha. But here's a question I've been wanting to ask. Background Vehicles are MD2 Models, Is it possible to convert those vehicles as CCD vehicles (The Trike down in the Northern Beach in Sandy Bay being the one)

Fluffy Cupcake

No, MD2s cannot be converted to CCD. You can use MD2s as car parts though. Just add a path to the model in any of the \OBJECTS\BRICKS\UNIQUEBRICKS[WORLD].txt files - you will also need to have a BCD file by it (just copy-paste an existing one and rename it the same as the object name)

(make sure it is at the end of a section though and not start otherwise you will mess up the brick list ordering and really screw things up)

• 3 months later...

That makes sense and it answers another another problem I've been having :lol:8S

but at the same time would I also have to edit the UNIQUEBRICKS.txt for them to actually show up in game

Edited by Sunchipp

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.