Cyrem

truckstoppers

how can one use this, if there is no manual to help those who have great difficulty learning (ie, me)?

http://www.rockraidersunited.org/topic/3594-beginners-guide-to-modding-rock-raiders/

http://www.rockraidersunited.org/topic/1819-how-to-add-custom-levels-in-game/

Because the tutorials are all over the site. There's no need for a manual.

thank but i was reffering to a help file that comes with the software to be procise.espelly when the web isn't always working.

thank but i was reffering to a help file that comes with the software to be procise.espelly when the web isn't always working.

https://ore.rockraidersunited.org/legacy/Modding%20Manual_701939.doc

There's your silly manual. I literally copied the info from those tutorials into a Word document, because it's all you need to know.

• Like 3

I've been having issues lately where the map is actually one row and one collumn bigger than what I input and what shows, leading to bizzare heightmap issues like seen in my LP of Totally New Level 8, where the edges of the map screw up and are at height 0 when the rest of the map is at height 8.

sheepandshepherd

I've been having issues lately where the map is actually one row and one collumn bigger than what I input and what shows, leading to bizzare heightmap issues like seen in my LP of Totally New Level 8, where the edges of the map screw up and are at height 0 when the rest of the map is at height 8.

Yes, Map Creator adds an extra row and column. The extra column (right edge) are all set to height 0. I've always wondered why it does that, but usually maps don't extend to the very edges anyway, so I never paid much attention to it.

Possibly as a safety feature to make sure there's always a line of hard rock around the edges?

It's only around the bottom and left edges though, the right and top edges are free for deletion so that they'll be turned into an awkward row of undrillable dirt.

• 1 month later...

A feature that would be nice is something that counted up how many crystals are on the level (including Seams and perhaps stuff in the OL). This would make guessing what the crystal count (if that's what you've planned) is for your objective a lot easier.

Another thing, also related to crystals (a bit), is that when placing a custom object you can tell it to go in a 'random' position. This would make crystal caches a LOT easier.

EDIT: (hah, practically a necro-edit :P)

I've worked out that if I open a map with a camera in it, say 'Clear all' (in the Object editor) and then attempt to save it the Map Creator will crash. The saved file, upon opening, will again crash the Map Creator.

The problem is the Game Camera.  Upon saying 'Clear All' in the Object editor the game camera goes too, BUT you cannot place it again.

Oh, and , do you ever actually look at this topic? :P

• 4 months later...
The Ace Railgun
graphics card: Error: -2005530518

Which graphics card does your computer use? It may be a compatibility issue.

minerboy6666

graphics card: Error: -2005530518

Which graphics card does your computer use? It may be a compatibility issue.

Standard VGA Graphics Adapter.

The Ace Railgun

Hmm...Well I don't how there could be a problem with the graphics card then, but try re-downloading the file. 

Edit: I just tried it again my self on 2 different graphics card, an Nvidia 680, and an Intel I7 It should open just fine

That's not a graphics card unless you mean "Integrated".

To find your graphics card, open "Run" (use the search bar in the start menu), then type in "dxdiag" and open that, and go to the second tab. It should be listed there.

minerboy6666

To find your graphics card, open "Run" (use the search bar in the start menu), then type in "dxdiag" and open that, and go to the second tab. It should be listed there.

Yeah thanks. Its A NVIDIA

What model? Like, a 8800GT? If you can give me the full name, that'll help a lot :)

minerboy6666

What model? Like, a 8800GT? If you can give me the full name, that'll help a lot :)

Hmm.. It Just says NVIDIA, But Here is a bit more info:    

Card name: Standard VGA Graphics Adapter

Manufacturer: (Standard display types)
          Chip type: NVIDIA
           DAC type: 8 bit
         Device Key: EnumPCIVEN_10DE&DEV_0427&SUBSYS_02091028&REV_A1
     Display Memory: n/a
   Dedicated Memory: n/a
      Shared Memory: n/a
       Current Mode: 1280 x 800 (32 bit) (1Hz)
       Monitor Name: Generic Non-PnP Monitor
      Monitor Model: 
         Monitor Id: 
        Native Mode: 
        Output Type: 
        Driver Name: vga
Driver File Version: 6.01.7600.16385 (English)
     Driver Version: 6.1.7600.16385
        DDI Version: unknown
       Driver Model: unknown
  Driver Attributes: Final Retail
   Driver Date/Size: 7/13/2009 18:38:47, 15360 bytes
        WHQL Logo'd: Yes
    WHQL Date Stamp: 
  Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-4767-11CF-9933-B93F0FC2CB35}
          Vendor ID: 0x10DE
          Device ID: 0x0427
          SubSys ID: 0x02091028
        Revision ID: 0x00A1
 Driver Strong Name: Unknown
     Rank Of Driver: Unknown
        Video Accel: 
      Deinterlace Caps: n/a
       D3D9 Overlay: n/a
            DXVA-HD: n/a
       DDraw Status: Not Available
         D3D Status: Not Available
         AGP Status: Not Available

It sounds to me like you're missing your drivers for the graphics card.

Could you try go to THIS website, select the grey "Graphic Drivers" button (under option 2) and hopefully install the drivers? If it can't figure out which card you have, you'll either need to open up your computer and look for the name on the physical card, or look at the manual that came with the computer and find the specs to get the name, and then download the drivers for that specific card.

Can you load any other video games?

minerboy6666

@minerboy6666, Here, run GPU-Z and report the results. While DxDiag is good at reporting information, sometimes GPU-Z can provide better details. ;)

Well i looked where it said NIVIDIA SLI And it says: Unknown.

@minerboy6666, Here, run GPU-Z and report the results. While DxDiag is good at reporting information, sometimes GPU-Z can provide better details. ;)

Do you have a custom desktop, a package desktop (a computer you or your parents bought pre-made from a store) or a laptop?

minerboy6666

Do you have a custom desktop, a package desktop (a computer you or your parents bought pre-made from a store) or a laptop?

Well it was from a store. And its a laptop.

Could you find the name of the laptop? I need the full name. For example, mine is an ASUS N56V. There should be a sticker on the bottom of the laptop or in your manual or boxes you got with the laptop.

It's going to help greatly.

minerboy6666

Could you find the name of the laptop? I need the full name. For example, mine is an ASUS N56V. There should be a sticker on the bottom of the laptop or in your manual or boxes you got with the laptop.

It's going to help greatly.

I think its a - Dell LBL P/N: X5030 A02      The Model Number is PP25LL

The information you gave me was actually about the battery, but I figured out your laptop is a Dell XPS M1330.

Spec Sheet

You need to get the drivers for nVIDIA Geforce GT 8400M.

Please go to THIS, and then put the following information into the drop down boxes:

• GeForce
  • GeForce 8M Series (Notebooks)
  • GeForce 8400M GT
  • (put your Operating System here)
  • (put your default language gere)
Then click the "Download" button. Install the program you download, then restart your computer and see if it worked.

minerboy6666

The information you gave me was actually about the battery, but I figured out your laptop is a Dell XPS M1330.

Spec Sheet

You need to get the drivers for nVIDIA Geforce GT 8400M.

Please go to THIS, and then put the following information into the drop down boxes:

• GeForce
  • GeForce 8M Series (Notebooks)
  • GeForce 8400M GT
  • (put your Operating System here)
  • (put your default language gere)
Then click the "Download" button. Install the program you download, then restart your computer and see if it worked.

Thanks So much it worked! :D

• Cyrem changed the title to Map Creator (0.9.11)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.