Cyrem

The cror (crystal ore) layer suffers the same problem. And the landsilde. And the dugg. And the monsters. And the path. And the building can't be oriented. The vehicles and creatures are not much of a problem, I've tried to mod those like nobody business, it's the crystals and ore and the possiblity of file extensions beign needed, THAT'S the problem. This is a little of topic, but another modifcation I would is SOMEONE activating the Canteen building, along with the Encyclopedia. And have a GUI that works for high resolutions.

This is a little of topic, but another modifcation I would is SOMEONE activating the Canteen building, along with the Encyclopedia. And have a GUI that works for high resolutions.

The support station is your new canteen building. Afaik, there's no model for the canteen so you can't just activate it. If you wait till a new overhaul comes out, you'll most likely have a non-support station as a "canteen" building.

The encyclopedia, in-game editor, and the hotkeys cannot be reactivated. Sorry.

As for the GUI, there's a problem with the O2 bar that prevents us from doing that. Even so, I do plan on trying my hand at it over Christmas break.

And the building can't be oriented.

Read the first post. Cyrem specifically said in the changes from Final1 to Final2 that "Rotation keys (left/right)".

Cyrem, rotation is with the scroll wheel, not the arrow keys.

New object option needed: Pre-exsisting upgrade.

Actually, he made the arrow keys do it, too, because I was stubborn stupid at the time and was using a Mac, and Macs don't have scroll wheels.

because I was stupid at the time and was using a Mac

A sign of genius in this one.

Yeah....I hate them. (let's not get into that argument on this thread)

Also, normal laptops also generally don't have scroll wheels, so it is also good for the general populous of laptop-users.

It's a huge pain trying to use my scrollpad... thing to rotate objects. I'd rather use the arrow keys. To be fair, I have a USB mouse with a scrollwheel, so if I needed a precise rotation and didn't want to edit the OL manually, I could use my mouse.

Not possible, because this is done in the NERPS scripts, which aren't edited by the MC.

Tauka Usanake

Strange that I can't open the .zip file. :| I can download it just fine but I can't run or extract the map editor. I've tried using Windows Explorer, WinRAR (which mind is my default), and 7-Zip. Windows and 7-Zip would not open the folder and WinRAR would not extract saying that "the archive is either in unknown format or damaged." Any solutions or is it just me?

Not possible, because this is done in the NERPS scripts, which aren't edited by the MC.

I'm pretty sure Cyrem has already incorporated NERPS into the next build of the MC.

med_gallery_1_1_24760.png

Strange that I can't open the .zip file. :| I can download it just fine but I can't run or extract the map editor. I've tried using Windows Explorer, WinRAR (which mind is my default), and 7-Zip. Windows and 7-Zip would not open the folder and WinRAR would not extract saying that "the archive is either in unknown format or damaged." Any solutions or is it just me?

Just try to re-download. Sounds like your download is cutting short.

I'm pretty sure Cyrem has already incorporated NERPS into the next build of the MC.

That will be as a separate program, but MC will communicate with it.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm new to this whole RR modding thing... can anyone explain to me how to gain the ability to save new maps that I've created? It says to me that the save feature is not available in the beta.

• 4 weeks later...

New Final 3 is out! The delay of this update was caused because I was working on getting NPLScripter right. The NPL scripter was originally going to be part of MC, but I found I'd get better results if it wasn't. I didn't add all that I planned to in this version, but without the need to add the NPL Scripter into the program I decided the final remaining thing to the complete release.

Updates from Final 2 to Final 3

• Fixed another map size inaccuracy for smaller maps.
  • Fixed slug holes not appearing in Cror mode.
  • Fixed program hang after exporting zip when Windows denies creation of the zip/folder.
  • Fixed bug causing game cameras not to be imported from an exported Final 2 OL file.
  • After exporting a zip package, the temp folder should now be deleted as it should.
  • Removed internal NPL scripter that was seen in some screenshots. (Now a seperate program: NPLScripter)
  • Small optimizations to map exporting.
  • Surf preview goes darker in Dugg mode now.
  • Added error message if map could not be packaged due to folder permissions.
  • Added Rock Raider object (The rest will be added in next release).
  • When placing markers in Monster/Tutorial mode, it copies the last placed number.(So you don't have to click so many times)
  • New maps automatically add a solid rock edge.(Click "Options > Clear All" to get rid of them)

As this is the last Beta, you can expect the next version to be v1.0. Hoorrah!

Things planned in v1.0

• Complete object list (incl. Vehicles)
  • All the lava speeds (It wasn't really a prority, thats why it hasn't been added yet)
  • Help File
  • Probably some bug fixes.
  • Some polishing...
  • I might start testing Matt's suggestions.
  • Maybe some other stuff...

Enjoy :)

I'm going to start saving often, but it would be nice if there was an undo feature for the MC...

Oh wad the lack of a control z would do it for me. I would think it's easy enough to have it make a log of what you did in some kind of buffer. Just revert those actions for each time control z is pressed, but you probably already know how to do that. :P

I'm going to start saving often, but it would be nice if there was an undo feature for the MC...

I will be putting this in, don't worry.

What's worse is the "save" function is disabled in the beta. >.<

Next release will have it. The reason it is disabled is because I'm still changing things, so I'd rather not break the save function every release.

Good to see another release of the Creator, and I'm glad you managed to survive the Aussie flooding. There's certainly been a lot about it in the NZ media at the moment.

I'm running out of things to complain about/suggest, so it's a reasonably short list today :P

Bug:

• Use of the hotkeys will result in an error message popping up. They still work if you ignore the error, but it does get annoying popping up all the time.

Other:

• Still having problems with the exporting to zip. I don't really get where/how I'm supposed to allow permissions for my temp folder to create the zip file. I've set my entire modding folder so that all users have full access to everything, yet the creator still says it has a problem with permissions. (It does leave a temp folder with all the files in it though.) Do you have any specific instructions on how to allow the creator the permissions it wants? (I use Win7 Professional)
  • A little pedantic, but I notice you can't tab across to each field when creating a new map. That means a lazy user like myself has to click on each box and then type when he wants to enter a map dimension in, rather than just tabbing through with the keyboard. (I won't be offended if you can't be bothered changing this though ;) )
  • I'm still a little confused as to how you're currently planning the map file numbers. (Surf_X.map). You said:
    In the next beta it will generate a level configuration code. It should just be a matter of copy and paste and you shouldn't have to do the renaming any more unless you still want to do map file swapping.
    Is this still planned, or was it left behind with the integrated .npl scripter that has now become seperate?

So yea, a shorter list than usual today, but I suppose it reflects how complete the creator is becoming. :)

~Matt

That reminds me...

I request you allow the user to give each map file when exported a custom name. I hate renaming in windows explorer. And make sure it asks to confirm overwrite.

I don't know if you already did this, since the export function refuses to work in wine.

@ Matt:

Thanks for the bug report! I'm not sure why the zip export is not working for other people. I'm running W7 also and have no problems with it. Actually, I'll do some more testing on it because it might be that the computer is blocking IZArc from zipping it and it's not MC at all. If I still can't get anywhere, I'll just remove it. Yes, new map is a little annoying that you can't tab it especially as a make a change then have to create a new map every test. I'll see what I can do. The configuration generator is still planned, I'm just tossing up whether to put it into NPLScripter or make it a separate program.

As always, thanks for your testing :)

That reminds me...

I request you allow the user to give each map file when exported a custom name. I hate renaming in windows explorer. And make sure it asks to confirm overwrite.

I don't know if you already did this, since the export function refuses to work in wine.

A custom name for each file? You can do this when exporting individual files. Doing that with whole map export would be a little repetitive. I'll see what I can do.

1. A custom name for each file? You can do this when exporting individual files.

2. Doing that with whole map export would be a little repetitive. I'll see what I can do.

1. Oh, didn't know that.

2. How about add an option, "Custom name for each file?" If the player ticks yes, then, and only then, does it ask for each file.

EDIT: Another suggestion or two:

1. Ability to disable mouse scrolling.

2. Using left/right/up/down or something to scroll around.

EDIT2: How do I export a single file? I remember seeing that, but can't find it anymore.

EDIT3: How silly of me. It's under options.

EDIT4: Bugs!

ERROR in

action number 1

of Mouse Event for Left Released

for object obj_GUI_Options:

In script scr_Export_High:

Error in code at line 45:

file_bin_write_word(MAPSOF,4,false,MAP_AREA);

^

at position 45: Unknown variable MAP_AREA

EDIT5: I exported several other map files and they worked, then went back to the heightmap. And it worked.

EDIT6: You still didn't fix this!!!

gallery_3_93_51850.png

EDIT7: Another suggestion:

Add an option that tells the map creator to replace all the files you imported with the new edits.

This is the main reason I asked for custom names.

EDIT8: Suggestion:

When I place an emerge point and a trigger on the same tile, a very ugly mess results. Can you do something graphically to allow me to see both without it looking ugly? Doesn't necessarily have to be seen at the same time.

Maybe have an icon signifying there is a trigger and emerge on that tile, and then when you scroll over it, it shows you the trigger number and the emerge number.

EDIT9: Karnanga still has issues!!!

Emerges still don't work -.-

EDIT10:In relation to 4 and 5...

Ya, I got the same error when I tried to export an edited emrg.map

Looks like you have to export an unedited map file before exporting an edited one.

• Cyrem changed the title to Map Creator (0.9.11)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.