Sanister to Sinister fix

TheD0ct0r

After digging around in the text files for a while, I have managed to successfully replace all instances of "Sanister" with "Sinister." No more of this "Sam Sanister" bologna.

I tested it on my copy of the game, and it works fine. No luck in trying to change it to his original "Baron von Barron" as it takes up more space than a simple "a to i" switch. Oh well, a challenge for someone more talented in hex editing than I.

http://oresome.rockraidersunited.com/download/198

Fluffy Cupcake

Nice mod, although I'm not sure 'fix' is the right term, as there isn't really a correct name for him, Sanister was just one of his many aliases.

I take it you didn't use this when making the mod:

'?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

You are able to make strings of different lengths with it, meaning Baron von Barron is possible.

AFAIK, "Sanister" was only used in Lego Racers 2. Also, I only used a simple hex editor to modify the text. I was unaware of the other tool.

• 4 months later...

AFAIK, "Sanister" was only used in Lego Racers 2. Also, I only used a simple hex editor to modify the text. I was unaware of the other tool.

I know this is some time ago, but...

Look at this Photograph:

SamSanisterAndBabyT.thumb.jpg.a0d9bab649

(Picture taken from Brickipedia)

In the Dino Island subtheme, he was mostly also called "Sanister". Sorry for that mistake, I was just confused.

Edited by Zubay
  • Like 2

PeabodySam

In the Dino Island subtheme, he was mostly called "Sanister".

​I wouldn't say that he was mostly called "Sanister".  The same set, listed on LEGO Shop@Home, is named "Sam Sinister and Baby T" (although S@H also used the early set description for the All Terrain Trapper set, which still referred to the character as "Baron von Baron").  In the Spring 2001 Shop@Home catalog (the one with Life on Mars on the cover, not the later one with Alpha Team on the cover because that one doesn't include the Adventurers theme), the description for the Dino Rescue kit (which includes that aforementioned set) also refers to him as Sam Sinister, and this is consistently maintained in the later Summer 2001 catalog (although I can't find any scans of these catalogs online, I do have the physical printed copies for reference).  Not to mention the September/October 2000 LEGO Mania issue, which refers to him as both Sam Sinister and Baron von Barron on the same page (maybe they were trying to avoid confusing those who read that early All Terrain Trapper description?)!

Aside from LEGO Racers 2 and that picture you posted, I can't think of any instances where he was mostly referred to as Sanister.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.