NERPS Message File Help

Leumeister

Hi guys.

I'm making a level, and I've got some custom dialogue and text set in a NERPS Message File, but I can't figure out how to get them to play. :/ An example is the dialogue that Chief says at the beginning of the tutorial levels.

I've gotten all the syntax correct:

Jace:_"Okay,_guys,_good_luck_down_there."
Axle:_"We'll_be_careful,_don't_worry."
Jace:_"With_you_in_charge,_that's_a_strong_statement."
Docs:_"Don't_worry,_Jace,_I'll_make_sure_he_keeps_out_of_trouble."#one#
Axle:_"Alright,_guys,_knock_it_off!"
Jace:_"What?_Can't_you_take_a_little_banter?"
Docs:_"Well,_we_also_need_to_get_on_with_the_mission,_if_you_don't_mind."
Jace:_"Yeah,_yeah,_whatever._See_you_guys_later."
Axle:_"See_ya,_Jace."#two#
Axle:_"These_stalagmites_have_a_lot_of_resources_in_them!"
Docs:_"Yes,_they_do._It's_also_convenient_that_there_was_some_crystals_and_ore_sticking_
out_of_the_ground."
Axle:_"Yeah._We'd_best_construct_a_tool_store_soon_to_store_them_in."#three#

$one			LevelsGameLevelsStartOffSlowStoryMaudioradichat01
$two			LevelsGameLevelsStartOffSlowStoryMaudioradichat02
$three			LevelsGameLevelsStartOffSlowStoryMaudiosurfchat01

The strange directories for audio does work, just so you know. I did that with the mission briefing.

Thank you. :)

Rock

I'll get back to you on this, but I have a very conformable feeling that you've used a few characters in your dialogue which is causing LegoRR to skip over it.

• 2 weeks later...

Skip the underscores, they aren't needed here like they are in the CFG. Your lines should look like this:

There are some energy sources showing on the radar. Collect one so we can figure out what it is. #six#

I don't know how the game handles quotation marks, but colons have a special use in the ObjectiveText file in the Languages folder. Maybe they're considered special in the level text files too. Try removing those and replace them with hyphens if you find that the lines start working.

[DigTuto_01]
Objective:        Welcome back, Cadet. It's time for you to learn more about the caverns you'll be working in, and how to drill through different types of rock walls. Today's lesson will involve you giving more basic commands to your Rock Raiders.
Failure:          You have not yet completed the 'Basic' digging tutorial.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.