Change the amount of laps

TheChief

As the title says. How do I change the amount of laps for a race, like I can do in versus mode but then for single player mode?

Fluffy Cupcake

You can't.

Unless perhaps it is possible to changing it via .exe editing, which I still doubt would be easily doable, because it would likely be 00 03" or something of the like which there would be millions of.

aidenpons

There's a slight workaround in that you can get negative amounts of laps via just simply going backwards over the finish line. However, you have to still complete a loop each time (to go backwards) and on some maps it's not possible (e.g. the Amazon one)....

... so it's not really very worthwhile.

Fluffy Cupcake

There's a slight workaround in that you can get negative amounts of laps via just simply going backwards over the finish line.

​I think the simplest answer may be Cheat Engine, but I haven't gone in depth enough in LR with CE for it to be on my table.

But then the amount of laps would only count for the player itself, not for the AI, right?

Fluffy Cupcake

Yes, with the way aidenpons said would only work for player.

As for Cheat Engine, that would apply for all players.

grappigegovert

I have a CE table for the 1999 version that includes the current lap for each racer, I could send you that if you want.

That would have been great, if I would own the 1999 version of the game, yet I own the 2001 version. Thanks anyway.

aidenpons

The AI doesn't matter. If you're trying to have a long race... well then do what I said earlier.  The AI will follow the same script for the same path regardless of whether it has won or come last. The only difference is that the winner will be bouncing round manically.

Keep in mind that the longer a game goes, the worse some AI will do as their path is simply longer to travel than another AI: e.g. Pharoah's Mummy never does well (unless you try really really hard) because he moves slowly and is horrible at using powerups.

Ye, but I was actually looking for a normal five,six,...-lap race, instead of a three lap one; making this new lap count count for both player and AI. It simply looks like it is not possible at the moment.

Thanks guys.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.