Hello- How about the Hat files for LEGO MSH?

victorzvyagin

victorzvyagin

Hi, I am new to this forum  (and to this particular Section  of modding) ,  so please  don't throw shoes  at me all at once =-P

So,  to cut long story short-  I am  trying to edit LEGO Marvel Super heroes,  in particular, some Minifigure characters- for example,  Electro  ( the Normal one, Not ultimate blue version!). As you    know,  some characters have "Hats" or "Helmets" - in Electro's case, the Yellow star-  so, my question is-  after unpacking files,  and looking through  the

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes\CHARS\MINIFIGS\SUPER_CHARACTERS\HAT

directory, I found three types of file formats for pretty much most  of the hats in game:

-GSC

-NXG_TEXTURES

-PC_SHADERS

As I guess,  the GSC files are something to do with, possibly,  model? (3D Mesh?)  again, I Know I'm still Noob at hats,  so please bare with me here

What  kind of file  (out of three listed above) may contain  the data for the texture of the hat (ie.  that can change  the color of the,  say, Electro's "Star" to  green  or orange, etc.?) ? 

Also,  any  Extractors / explorers for those types of files  would be much   appreciated. HAT.zip  (please dont consider attachment spam,  it contains the Three files as Examples)

You are right the gsc file contains next to other things the mesh. There are also material definitions and in Lego Marvel Super Heros even texture references. And more. In the example there are 2 vertex lists (at least I call them so) and 1 index list. They can be used to create 3 parts. All parts are the helmet, but with differend level of detail (LOD). The first vertex list contains only positions. The second vertex list contains normals and color definitions. But the colors are all white. So a change would not help you. There is also 1 material definition in the gsc file, but I have no idea how to interprete it. I think the color is defined there.

The nxg_texture file is a container for textures. But in this case (there are 3 files; all dummylightmaptex) they will also not change the color. There is no uv-map defined in the gsc file.

The shaders - I have no idea.

Here is a tool that can convert the nxg.gsc file into obj files (at least I think it is the last version): https://ore.rockraidersunited.org/legacy/ExtractNxgMESH_157993.zip
Here is a tool that can extract the images from the nxg_texture archives: http://oresome.rockraidersunited.com/download/259

Hi,  just Realised  the Replies  don't  show up in Notifications

Anyways, that guy above-   is a Star,  not in the Hat way-  in the Shining brilliance way,  Thank you  very much,  I Thought something was wrong when I tried  to unpack files...... 

so,  If the files  listed are "dummy"  without textures-  do you have some  idea, of where the  actual  texture / color for the Hat  might be changed/ located?  

Also,  funny  fact- I tried scanning the Game  with  TM  and,  highlighting  selected textures with   Green,  the Hats texture did not ever get selected......  makes me think,  if it might be  some weird material mapping , where color of the Hat is Programmed into game?

Ok, I think I know what the prolem is- the  Hat's color is "told" to the Game by the Material,  there is No  "texture" there as such- does anyone   know,  how i can extract Materials/  from which Files?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.