LEGO Island REDUX

bphillips09

8 hours ago, AshiPaws said:

@Xir, @bphillips09 and @DarkianMaker do you have discord/telegram where we can have a more direct conversation about this? I, of course, will be making a sign that gives all 3 of you credit in some way for this :P

My discord is AshiPaws#7297

I'm adding you now. Also related, for everyone else reading this I'm considering making a Discord channel for REDUX (especially now that it has Discord Rich Presence support in-game). Good idea or no?

Updated to v0.9.7.0. The links (and changelog) are in the initial post. The game should notify you of an update when starting, and if you accept it will take you to the first post.

Meanwhile, join the Discord!

• Cyrem changed the title to LEGO Island REDUX

Updated to v0.9.7.2. The links (and changelog) are in the initial post. The game should notify you of an update when starting, and if you accept it will take you to the first post.

• Like 2

On 8/30/2018 at 1:37 AM, bphillips09 said:

Updated to v0.9.7.2. The links (and changelog) are in the initial post. The game should notify you of an update when starting, and if you accept it will take you to the first post.

Thank you so much for still updating this project. The island is definitely feeling more and more alive  with each update. Good job!

• Like 2

Updated to v0.9.7.4. The links (and changelog) are in the initial post. The game should notify you of an update when starting, and if you accept it will take you to the first post.

*WARNING*: This will be the last version of the game to have mainstream 32-bit OS support. Only 0.02% of players play the 32-bit version of the game. As the game grows and requires more optimization (particularly memory), the limitations of 32-bit operating systems will begin to appear. If you are still on a 32-bit OS and want to play any version after v0.9.7.4, please contact me for a 32-bit build.

22 hours ago, bphillips09 said:

Something I've been working on for the next release: 

<Snip>

Ohmigosh. Will it be better than LW's block building placement? ? I'm looking forward to what comes out of this!

Well done on going on with this project for a long time and getting so much done! It is quite the rarity!

1 hour ago, aidenpons said:

Ohmigosh. Will it be better than LW's block building placement? ? I'm looking forward to what comes out of this!

Well done on going on with this project for a long time and getting so much done! It is quite the rarity!

Maybe after a long period of revisions lol. Right now it's pretty basic (and kinda buggy sometimes) but it will get better with every release!

And thanks!

• Like 2

Updated to v0.9.7.5. The links (and changelog) are in the initial post. The game should notify you of an update when starting, and if you accept it will take you to the first post.

*WARNING*: Please remove or uninstall any existing version of the game prior to installing v0.9.7.5

• Like 3

• 5 months later...
On 8/13/2018 at 3:38 AM, bphillips09 said:

@AshiPaws I'm open to sharing the assets, as my goal is to eventually open-source this project

Would love to see it being open-sourced ? 

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Is this still in development? There was no update for almost 2 years. Author last visited in August of 2019. It should have really been made open source ?

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
berry-pepper-roni
On 11/20/2016 at 8:00 AM, Ben24x7 said:

Well, I just tried to recreate Papa juggling three pizzas, but suddenly I got lost and confused about which pizza was which. I gave up when I discovered I would've had to redo the entire thing.

This was as far as I got as recreating it:

(And no, I'm not horrible at animating flying physical objects. I was copying the flight path of the Pizzas in the intro, frame for frame)

The video is unavailable. Can you DM me an MP4 download for it if you still have it @Ben24x7

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
CyrodiilWarrior
On 3/16/2016 at 3:27 AM, bphillips09 said:

v0.9.7.5

------------------------------------------------------
Pick an OS, download and unzip anywhere.
I recommend that you delete any previous version before unzipping.
For Windows and Linux, the "data" folder needs to be in the same root folder as the executable

*WARNING*: Please remove or uninstall any existing version of the game prior to installing v0.9.7.5

What's New:

• Bug fixes

• Patcher implementation
  • Added a brick-building system (click on the green brick base in the Information Center)
  • Fixes for AI
  • Fixes for pizza throwing
  • Fixes for choppy audio (using the original game's monoaural audio)
  • Added some more phrases to test lipsyncing
  • Code optimization
  • Added radio to all vehicles and the brick builder

Still to do:

• For v0.9.8:
    • Continue working on NPCs and Pathfinding
    • Switch between "Classic" and "Redux" controls (due to the way the terrain is set up, this will be put off for a later build)
    • Fix more bugs
    • More interiors
  • For v1.0.0:
    • Begin implementation of objectives/missions
    • All 3D interiors
    • Add animations and character rigging
    • Add more character models to the island with animations
  • Overall:
    • Island model smoothing

Downloads: WINDOWS :: MAC :: LINUX

Visit our Discord channel for quick feedback or general information.

Default Controls:

• E / Left Mouse Button: Interact
  • F: Exit Vehicle
  • G: Throw Pizza
  • Z: Spin Trees
  • Y: Unstick
  • Q: Quit
  • ESC / P: Pause/Resume
  • SPACE: Jump
  • W A S D : Move
  • N: Nightmare Mode

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Common Troubleshooting:

• Game crashes frequently or textures aren't displayed properly on Windows: Try selecting a different graphics API
  • Game won't open on Mac: You may need to enable read/write/execute permissions; To do so, open Terminal and run "chmod 777 path/to/game/LEGO Island REDUX.app/Contents/MacOS/LEGO Island REDUX"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

cNxl0a2.png

Will we ever see the story and level progression?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.