TheEPICtrainrider

TheEPICtrainrider

Okay, like the idiot I am, I deleted the 'Lego Media' folder while trying to re-install RR (I had installed too many random maps and I wasn't sure which ones were what), the thing is, MY COMPUTER STILL THINKS THAT THE FOLDER IS STILL INSTALLED!!! I already emptied the Recycle bin so there's no hope there. What's up with my computer?

Even though you've deleted all the game files by deleting the LEGO Media folder, there's still traces of Rock Raiders in other places on your computer, which seems to be confusing it.

Most likely, you still have Rock Raiders in your registry, and so I would try and get rid of it there. The easiest way would be in Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs, and hopefully Rock Raiders is still recognised there. If you find it in the list, try removing it, and hopefully this will remove all traces of Rock Raiders on your computer, and will have solved the problem. You don't really want to go to the hassle of manually editing the registry.

~Matt

P.S I hope my advice is accurate... I've never really had this problem myself, and so I'm only guessing what the problem is. I'm sure if I've missed anything, other members will correct me. :P

Yes, that'd be the registry entries. What Matt said should work (I hope). If not, you have 2 options:

A: Editing the registry manually, which is a pain in the rear end (I once, for some idiotic reason, deleted the HKEY_USERS thing or whatever it was... I had to reinstall windows. >:(

B: Trying to reinstall RR in the same location. If it works as I hope it does, it should overwrite the old registry entries (but probably with the same values xD) and recreate the LEGO Media folder.

Well, yes, I have had this problem. It's so dang easy to solve, no need to break out regedit or anything like that.

Step 1. Re-install RR. There. You're done. :)

Well, yes, I have had this problem. It's so dang easy to solve, no need to break out regedit or anything like that.

Step 1. Re-install RR. There. You're done. :)

Yes, insert your RR disc and then go into the drive and you should see a setup.exe file. Just re-install from there and you're all fixed.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.