Blockland

Colten

Yes, I understand that there is already a topic posted in the 'Lego Games' section, however not only is that topic in the wrong section as it was not produced by Lego, but it also was a crappy topic in general with no description of the game what-so-ever. Now on to the game...

Blockland is an online building game where you build with blocks similar to Legos. Users are able to create Add-Ons to the game if they have knowledge of Torquescript and the community consists of more than 17,000 members. Blockland has physics (Powered by Bullet) as well as Dynamic Lighting and the ability to build with an unlimited number of bricks (Depending on your GPU). The game costs a one-time fee of only 19.95 USD

Blockland_00055.png

throughf.png

gggfvd.png

Blockland_00086.png

Please limit discussion to only the Retail version of Blockland as any previous versions are unsupported and obsolete. Thank you.

Justa question: how is this game in comparison with Roblox?

In my personal opinion its not only faster (Less lag) but also just a far better game in general. Id easily pay 40 dollars for it if I had to.

Sure, I'll post about retail. Retail brought the wrong type of people to the community and now it's full of 6-year olds who can't take criticism. Example: http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=95945.0

Also, religious fanatics: http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=96093.0

I mean sure, negative posts were never allowed, but people could take criticism and we didn't have "concerned mothers" breathing down our necks.

Well Cirevam - That is what happens when a game gets popular. Also nice job making such absurd judgments based on two members of our community. I dont even see how making people pay for something attracts little kids. If anything its a filter. Maybe you could explain that in your reply? Thanks!

I'm not making the judgment on two posts, I'm making the judgment on the community as a whole. Remember that I used to be an active member of Blockland up until about 2008, so I know what it used to be like. I've looked at the forums when retail released and for some time afterwards. I know what kind of people are in it now. And the game was already popular - it was advertised on G4 at least once. Now it is advertised more widely. Also, the target audience for Legos is 6-12. It says so on the boxes. Therefore, parents who have children aged 6-12 might see this game being advertised and consider purchasing it. You are right that popularity brings different crowds, but this is not an absurd judgment. There are people all over the forum clearly can't take criticism. It's the truth.

Summary: Before Retail we had somewhat mature people who could at least take criticism when it wasn't full of flames. Now we have people who act like spoiled brats when people say that their builds aren't that great and even state why they think that the builds aren't that great. Nice job jumping on my post because I stated a fact about our community, and thinking that I only looked at two posts instead of dozens over time. I posted a few examples because posting everything I've seen would be inefficient, yet you seem to think otherwise. Maybe you could explain your assumptions in your reply? Thanks!

Pretending to be in a bad mood is fun.

if this is a contest for either which is best, roblox or blockland, i'd say roblox, demo of blockland sucks (censored due to lack of mind).

I would say Roblox is better because it's free. Like I said before, I don't have very much extra money right now, (I'm trying to get a new hard drive before my current one dies) so I'm not about to go and start getting into a pay-to-play mmorpg.

Blockland isn't an MMORPG

Its not even an RPG

Also, Roblox costs money too if you plan on doing anything cool like Making Groups, Creating Badges, and Selling crap

Not even that, but its also a monthly fee of at least 6 Dollars, which after four months is more than the price of Blockland

if this is a contest for either which is best, roblox or blockland, i'd say roblox, demo of blockland sucks (censored due to lack of mind).

I dont get what you're trying to say about censoring - But aside from that there was no contest

I like roblox better

ya it lags

ya it has only gravity as a physics

and ya it has big blocky characters

but

it is getting better and better all the time

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.