LWS

Lair

I think I found that I COULD try to make LWO files. It is the LWS that REALLY bothers me now. Anyone know how to do this? If I make LWO files could someone have a way to do this?

Ah, those files. Well, for starters:

LWO — Lightwave Object (.lwo)

LWS — Lightwave Scene (.lws)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lightwave

http://www.newtek.com/lightwave/

They are 3d files and animations. It would appear you can buy the software to make/EDIT them too. Just maybe.....

Actually you don´t need to edit the LWS Files if you just want to modify the content of the Game. If you are going to add new animations etc. then you will have to get Lightwave to load the scenes and edit them, but if you want to change for ex. the Chiefs appereance you just need to Edit the LWO file which can be edited by Lightwave or any other 3d modeling package that supports the LWO Format. There are also importers for 3d packages like Maya and 3ds max.

Actually you don´t need to edit the LWS Files if you just want to modify the content of the Game. If you are going to add new animations etc. then you will have to get Lightwave to load the scenes and edit them, but if you want to change for ex. the Chiefs appereance you just need to Edit the LWO file which can be edited by Lightwave or any other 3d modeling package that supports the LWO Format. There are also importers for 3d packages like Maya and 3ds max.

Yes as MasterChielf said, LWS is used for Lightwave to organise, animate, setup lighting, rendering etc... RockRaiders uses this to a degree, mainly just for animations and lighting. Many addition options you may see in LWS, for example "Anti-Aliasing" are not used in the game, just for the secene when loaded into Lightwave.

*sigh* Im saying that I COULD create LWO if I worked with blender, but I have no wayof making LWS and I have no money (really)

The rockwhale would have only 2 LWS files: Standing still and walking. but unlike the spider (People havesuggested modding him) He has no knees or legs, just feet, and no head and neck/ A body with 6 feet.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.