Saxophone Mod

Cyrem

Saxophone Mod

I don't know about you but I've never seen an RR play the saxophone in the game, however the models and stuff were there already... so I linked it up. This mod replaces the Eat Sandwich Function. Installation instructions are in the download.

Screenies:

RR's Playing music.

Download: Here

Enjoy!! It's quite funny to watch them playing.

That is so cool

Do they play everytime they get hungry?

This was one of the first mods I saw when I joined RRU

Is something wrong with there arms in your screen shot?

That is so cool

Do they play everytime they get hungry?

This was one of the first mods I saw when I joined RRU

Is something wrong with there arms in your screen shot?

If I remember correctly, yes. It's probably got something to do with the highpoly mod, that's an old screenshot.

You are so awesome Cyrem. This is great. I've seen the files in the game, but hadn't the slightest idea if i could use them. And you come along with everything all ready to go. Thanks.

:rruftw:

Hmmm....this is strange. I followed the directions, but when i click the saxophone button, they still eat their sandwich! IDK...

Ah, never mind, i fixed it. Wrong .ae file.

I also reinstalled the High poly mod, and noticed that they occasionally look at the clipboard btw.

• 2 weeks later...

You are so awesome Cyrem. This is great. I've seen the files in the game, but hadn't the slightest idea if i could use them. And you come along with everything all ready to go. Thanks.

:rruftw:

Cheers! Glad you like it.

• 3 weeks later...

I replaced the Vlp.clipboard in the pilot file with Vlp.saxplay and it works better. The rockraiders still eat but instead of looking at the clipboard they play their saxaphone! Have you noticed that when they eat their hand comes out of its socket? I have a picture of it.

No, H2 is right. You know how real Lego hands are, how they can only twist and cannot bend. In order to bend, the hand has to come out of the socket. One of H2's screenshots in another topic prove this.

I replaced the Vlp.clipboard in the pilot file with Vlp.saxplay and it works better. The rockraiders still eat but instead of looking at the clipboard they play their saxaphone! Have you noticed that when they eat their hand comes out of its socket? I have a picture of it.

About flipity dipity time I saw this freaken mod!

So is there a way to get this mod to work without replaceing the sandwich.

>_>

There are other animations too, for example the jumping one (RRs jump occasionally when idle) or (lol) the jumping jacks - so they practise the saxophone instead of doing star jumps xD

Would it be possible to edit the saxaphone to make it look like they are playing a different instrument? (a clarinet, bass clarinet, oboe, basoon, english horn, serpent, bass, etc.;I went with instruments played in an upright position like how the rock raiders play the saxaphone)

(The serpent is a real instrument. Google it and see.

serpent002.jpg

)

• 4 months later...
SilentShadow

For some reason i can't download the zip file. It says I don't have permisson even though I have posted multiple times. Is there a fix?

Cyrem removed the post attachment system and now these mods will have to be reuploaded to the Download Centre if they haven't been already.

The ability to add attachments and download attachments has been removed. The main reason for this is we have a download and gallery system now(it was enabled because we didn't before), to remove old un-needed files, making a lot of folders on my host and now is an unnecessary feature.

For some reason i can't download the zip file. It says I don't have permisson even though I have posted multiple times. Is there a fix?

I have re-uploaded the file, see the first post for the link.

• 5 months later...

Saxophone Mod

I don't know about you but I've never seen an RR play the saxophone in the game, however the models and stuff were there already... so I linked it up. This mod replaces the Eat Sandwich Function. Installation instructions are in the download.

Hey guys! In case you wanted to know to know the reason for the animation being there in the first place...

Let's hope you weren't expecting an exciting story behind this... they were originally planned as 'Idle' animations (i.e. when the RR is standing around with nothing to do). I seem to remember that they were removed because there is no official 'LEGO saxophone', so we were asked to drop it (although don't take that as gospel). They did later become a little redundant anyway, since the sax/idle anim was implemented before we had the 'auto-priorities', and once that went in they weren't idle nearly as often.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.