News Topics

emily

Yo so this is something that's been on my mind recently, just want to throw it out there for y'all to consider.

Do we really need a separate Lego news forum? For bigger communities a dedicated news section makes sense, but we're pretty small and it isn't like there're a ton of new things flying in to report on all the time. 

And you see how the news topics end up working anyway - they're just megathreads for discussing different Lego stuff. I feel like it could all be pretty seamlessly merged with Lego General Discussion and even maybe foster a less formal atmosphere where more people feel cool tossing in stuff they find. 

And that was the thing that I thought. It's not like the current setup is broken or anything, so its certainly not a pressing concern, but there you go.

Agreed - I've occasionally moved some news topics into other forums once they get big enough for exactly these reasons (like the LEGO Worlds or Portal Racers topics for example). I could easily sort the rest of the news topics into their proper places if the admins agree, since not *all* of them would end up in LEGO General Discussion.

Update - Cyrem expressed approval, I was gonna move topics tonight but a lot of other stuff happened instead, will organize them tomorrow/later today

I organized the news topics, then we decided to make some other changes to the organization of stuff. Topic sorting is still ongoing but as you can see, the whole LEGO Discussion section has gotten a revamp. I hope to get the rest of the unsorted topics moved to their proper places tonight.

Edit - Pretty much done. Will make another sweep over everything later tonight to check for anything I may have missed.

• Like 4

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.