LR2 Texturing Issue with Ramas

Mr. Ash

Hi,

I haven't modded LR2 in a few years but I wanted to update an old mod of mine. Unfortunately, I'm experiencing some strange problems. It seems that any custom .MIPs I use for Rama characters won't display correctly. I never had this issue back when I made the mod , so I'm pretty confused why this is happening now:
WXvoZDV.png

As you can see, the head and body textures are a mess. I initially thought that perhaps I incorrectly converted my .TGA files into .MIPs, but I reversed the process and the files appeared to be intact. I also referred to some tutorials around here, but didn't catch anything that I could've missed in the modding process...

Anyway, the image above was taken about two weeks ago, and I didn't keep the overriding files (they were just slightly modified Lightor and Ghost textures). So, I decided to test some other textures on Warrior to see if I got any different results. I've also saved the overriding files this time just in case

This first screenshot is supposed to be Loopin. Sadly, neither the face nor torso displayed correctly:
EiZc9h1.png

Next up is Surfer. The body displayed correctly, but the face is still bugged:
vbb18h3.png

Here is Pulse. Same issue as Surfer, but reversed. Also, his bugged body appears to be identical to Loopin's:

lANiCml.png

Finally, here's Warrior. Strangely, he's the only one who came out right. These aren't the official textures either; I mirrored the face texture and changed the black's RGB values from (2, 2, 2,) to (23, 28, 22). There's also a different foot pattern which can't be seen:

FcI0F21.png

I also would like to point out that all of the files themselves show no errors, and have actually worked when applied to other objects (i.e. minifig parts, martians, etc.)

Hopefully I've explained the issue okay. If there's any clear reason for this bug or a possible solution, I'd appreciate it being mentioned here!

Hah, turns out that's exactly what happened. Apparently since I've updated paint.NET the Compress (RLE) option got re-enabled by default. I unchecked that and resaved my texture files, and now they work fine on the ramas in-game. Still seems weird how I could use the compressed files elsewhere without problems though.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.