Fix for LIXS on Windows 10 (64 Bit) 100%

Legonut63

I'm a first-time contributor, Long time follower of RockRaiders United.  I have many of the classic Lego games. Today I have something that’s worth  posting myself although I apologise if you know it already,  I found a way to get LEGO Island xtreme stunts working on Windows 10. The Game runs ok on my current Win10 setup provided you have the legacy components enabled in optional features in Windows, except when you try to load one of the movie scene games, it crashes just after the clapper board. The following is a workaround for this problem I have discovered after a lot of troubleshooting and head scratching.  (Note This is done at your own risk)   

1.    Open registry editor and navigate to the following location:

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers

2.Locate the key with the Game executable path, and change the value it should be currently set to $ DWM8And16BitMitigation, change this to Disable8And16BitModes.

The Game will now run and the sub games will load but you will notice the game has reverted to the minimal graphics settings despite what you have set in the options. To fix this use dgvodoo.

As this post is quite long already I am going to assume you know how to install this but I can always provide a tutorial.

The only glitches I have found with this, is that freeway frenzy loads in debug mode (no traffic cars on the road and no buildings)  and if you do not win this game by the end the whole game crashes. ( see link to video and related  posted by jamesster  Update) Having dug further I can now report the game is now working 100% for me at least, Having looked at the registry keys provided in Jamester's post and after a bit of digging I found if you delete the registry the keys   IAmAZ06Artist and Z06DebugLevel.  located at Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\LEGO Interactive\Island Xtreme Stunts freeway frenzy will run is normal making the overall game work 100% on Win 10 64 bit. to my knowledge 

I hope the first part of this post has helped someone out

Cheers   

Edited by Legonut63
fixed for mentioned glitches

Welcome to RRU! Good find! Registry editing is certainly a messy way to go around it, but I also suppose it works...

... I think the other fixes buried elsewhere on RRU address the CD-required issue. I'm not sure if all versions of IXS require a CD though.

8 hours ago, logonut63 said:

As this post is quite long already

Hardly long by RRU standards :P

Hi aidenpons 

Thanks for posting my first  reply.. Are you saying the freeway frenzy Debug problem is linked to a no cd? Just so you know I own the Game So I do'nt think the cd is the issue.... I may be wrong 

Fluffy Cupcake

I do see it does the said changes which is good! I was crossing my fingers it'd also simultaneously fix the high percent chance crash that happens whenever anything but the main menu's music tries to start up but it didn't (setting music to 0% is an alternative resolve, however) - still worth a shot for me to document I suppose.

Hi Mysteli 

First can I ask a question please forgive me it might sound odd did you once change your profile name on RRU? because if you are who I think you are I would just like to say I have followed your posts in the past from a far and admire your work... (if I'm wrong about that forgive me!) anyway does this mean you have tested my fix, sounds like it's working which is good. first fix I have been able to find myself. I haven't come across the audio problem before. I have seen the game hang at the start of a new song randomly  before but not like you described? I would be keen to help you resolve it. if i can offer any help let me know. One question what version of the game do you use? I have the 2008 PC fun club re release which seems to be the most reliable and have had no such audio problems with. Do you have any idea what could cause freeway frenzy to have those glitches I mentioned. cheers p.s I believe it was also you that posted a 66% save file for the game a few years back if so thanks for helping me get past the tower!

Fluffy Cupcake

Yes, I used to go by another name; and if you are talking to the right person, then thank yous~ ^-^

I did apply it and saw the effects of the minimal graphics take place which was a key indicator, but mind you I was able to load freeway frenzy no problem beforehand (I didn't venture farther enough in the game to test others).

I'm not sure where my copy comes from aside from some game pack - but either way I run on the patched version that is running around as my current version has always crashed on boot on modern systems. If we can solve this together then let's go for it, although I myself have no idea where to even start on this so the lead be yours.

Legonut63

Thanks not sure what it could be assuming your using windows 10 and have the legacy features on? Have you heard of a program called process explorer (free) it helps you see what a process monitor (free) I used that to find the fix. Else you could try running the copy which I use https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0015U63XM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 not sure about delivery though... p.s is this familiar? https://xiron32.blogspot.com/ 

• 3 months later...
Cyberbrickmaster86

I can't even install the game on my computer. Every time I do with the required compatibility settings, the installer skips to 76% then freezes. Please help!

• 1 year later...
Cyberbrickmaster86

Just out of curiosity, what version of Lego Island Xtreme Stunts is the second release? I ask this, because I tried to download the unofficial patch to get it to run and the zetaboards forum page where the download is located is currently down. Yes, I have eventually got the game to install, but I can't get it to run after multiple methods besides that particular one. The trouble is that I don't know which version is supposed to be the better one and how to identify it. The version I have is the re-release from Fun Club, as in the release made for Windows Vista computers.

• 2 months later...
berry-pepper-roni
On 6/30/2022 at 3:35 PM, Legonut63 said:

The ine i have is pc fun club assume that's it

Do you have LEGO Island 1? If so, I've been having a problem with getting LEGO Island 1 to work.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.