total time 5 hours

take a look

please not color scheme in not final

1265949401.png

1265994558.png

1265953146.png

as you can see i am nowhere near finished

and can you animate LEGO® in mlcad?

if you have and suggestions or measurements (length of ship et.) post them. eventually i will render the entire ship. will take forever!

i know how to make the radar dish in front, the tower and engines :) now all i need is the body.

Wow. Looks absolutely awesome, it's obvious that you put a LOT of work into that.

And yes, LDraw things can be animated (MLCad uses LDraw, I don't think MLCad itself can animate.). I don't know if there's an easy-to-use tool for it, but you can definitely import the models into blender and animate them there.

okay i have a problem , in the intro there are pipes separating the consoles, they are octagonal cylinders unfortunately mlcad doesn't have them (my parts library may be out of date) if i don't find them i will use standard cylinders and 45deg. 2x2 slopes. won't look pretty but will work.

p.s. it's "please note color scheme not final"

okay i have a problem , in the intro there are pipes separating the consoles, they are octagonal cylinders unfortunately mlcad doesn't have them (my parts library may be out of date) if i don't find them i will use standard cylinders and 45deg. 2x2 slopes. won't look pretty but will work.

p.s. it's "please note color scheme not final"

How about updating your parts library then? :P

found the library updates but still no octagonal pieces!!!! :( . solution #2 make my own pieces -can it be done? thanks to all for the support ,i'l need it if i am to make the ship.

Hmm. Try the UNOFFICIAL parts library, ones that AVERAGE USERS make that might not be fully approved yet. There, one sentence answers both questions.

• 2 weeks later...

nice job so far. Another program thats entirely lego based that would be good for that is Leocad, has almost all the lego pieces(including octagonal),

but the camera is a little hard to control i think.

I still haven't figured out how to set up mlcad. I would like love to do some modeling for something. I just need to figure out what i need...

nice job so far. Another program thats entirely lego based that would be good for that is Leocad, has almost all the lego pieces(including octagonal),

but the camera is a little hard to control i think.

LeoCAD is also LDraw, so it uses the same parts library, though possibly I recall it automatically downloading one. Maybe it'd be possible to download the parts with leocad then do the rest with mlcad.

• 4 weeks later...
Bioniclemaster

a third program you could use is SR3D builder. how to build is unknown to me, but it's fully rendered while building, it has a similar 'auto snap' system, like in LDD and you can make gears turn.

website

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.