Thoughs on Lego Builder Journey

SieTLG3651

So I do not know if anyone is aware but there was a new lego game announced!

It is called Lego Builder's Journey and it is slated to release on the 22nd of June.

Now I personally am not that into atmospheric games myself however this looks like it could be a fun romp. I'm still waiting to watch reviews and gameplay on it though, I learned my lesson from pre-ordering Thief 4.

So what do you guys think? Does it look like your kind of game? Would you give it a try?

For clarification, LEGO Builder's Journey was released as an Apple Arcade exclusive back in December 19th, 2019, so the game is already out, people have already played it, but the new release is just a port to bring it to more systems (including PC, thankfully).

As somebody who doesn't have access to the Apple Arcade version, I'm really looking forward to it coming out later this month on PC.

Originally I was thinking of picking it up due to it's unique visual style (I love the diorama-style of the levels and the idea of using bricks as an abstract representation for human characters - it's sooo refreshing compared to using minifigs/minifig-like characters for the 80 billionth time), but I listened to the Bits N' Bricks podcast episode about Builder's Journey and hearing about the story, the music and the process of making the game made me more curious.

It's nice to get something refreshing and unconventional from LEGO's video game division once in a while, and LBJ is definitely something I've got my eye on. Cannot wait to play it once it comes out!

Huh, well that was a surprise for me. I am really curious about the puzzle aspect about it, so that is my angle. I like aesthetics however I need a bit more meat to my games than looks.

I'm also happy that we were are getting something new from Lego, hopefully this is a trend that will keep on going.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.