TT Console Formats RE discussion

Sonikku A

With advancements in the Lego modding community, I decided to ask here for help for earlier console versions of Lego and None Lego TT games, mainly for CHG/GHG skinned models, GSC/CSC level models, NUS/NUX/NUP source level archives, and HGO/HGX/HGP source skinned model archives. Special thanks to Yodadude2003 for correcting some info

From what has been tested by other members, it seems that some games have compatibility with each others files given engine reuse
As such, I compiled a list of files to look at;
Finding Nemo, Crash The Wrath of Cortex (WoC), and interestingly the Weakest Link: All have compatibility to swapping models with each other. Games use the initial 6th gen TT engine from 2001-2003. This was the start of multiplatform formats that would morph into Lego's later.

Formats include;

HGO (GC), HGX (Xbox), and NUS/NUX/NUP for source models/textures in dev for ease of porting, ANI/ANM for skeletal animations, CBS/BSA for facial morphs, ATS for texture animations, LGT for light configs, PTL for particles, as well as TXT text configs for levels/objects. GHG seems to be for PS2/Xbox skinned models, while CHG is the format for GC. GSC is for level or unrigged models for PS2/PC/Xbox, and CSC for GC  

Early Lego, Super Monkey Ball Adventure (GC), Bionicle (2004-2010): What would become the standard that would evolve till the modern day PC formats, console formats for these use HGO/CHG/CSC again for GC/Wii, and GSC/GHG for PS2. PC additionally has HGP for character packs. Animation files interestingly differ some games (some use CAN/CA2/CA3 for GC, or An2/An3 for PS2), in addition to NX2 for PS2 source files in porting, CCT/CC2/CCTS files being used for cutscenes, CTEX for external textures for GC for 1 game, and PAC/PAK for another container format that can be ripped with the BMS scripts here: https://www.rockraidersunited.com/topic/3825-modding-bionicle-heroes/?do=findComment&comment=137385. Xbox introduced Fpk archives, and HX2 models in some games 

Crash Twinsanity, Super Monkey Ball Adventure (PS2/PSP): This side engine by the TT Oxford Branch features its own formats, primarily based on 3D platforming, from 2004-2006. RM/RM2 files are the model archives, SM/SM2 seem to be anim archives, and PSM are textures. Xbox versions use RMX/SMX respectively. NeoKeesha and other Twinsanity modders are currently making a tool to crack these formats, nor am I sure if these are even similar to the base TT engine formats. Side Note: SMBA PS2 has these compressed unlike the other ports and Crash

I can provide example files from the listed games for people to look into it deeply, though I'm not sure if that's allowed here

• 7 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.