Lego Island won't start, stuck on a black loading screen

PartyCatAnthem

PartyCatAnthem

I'd really like to play and stream Lego Island, but for whatever reason it won't run. I downloaded it from myabandonware, and I installed it, but for some reason it said it couldn't provide the uninstall application. I shrugged it off, but when I tried to run it it'd either say it wasn't compatible or it was missing d3drm.dll. So I followed some comments on the myabandonware page and added the d3drm.dll, and I copied the SCRIPTS folder into my install's LEGO folder. But then when I tried to run it, it was stuck loading on a black screen with an hourglass cursor, and it was blown up to a very big and blurry resolution. That's when I tried following the tutorial "How To Play LEGO Island In HD/4K Windows 7 & 10 + Demo" and followed all of the steps to alter the compatibility properties and dragging in the files and setting up dgVoodoo. But now when I try to run the game, it's still stuck at a black loading screen with an hourglass, but now it's at a crisp proper resolution. I just don't know what else i can do at this point, and when I try to run the fix from myabandonware it says "Whoops! I cannot find any disk drives attached to your computer." I have a pretty new Windows 10 computer and my graphics card is an NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Ti. Any idea on what I could do?

• 2 months later...
berry-pepper-roni
On 8/1/2021 at 3:05 PM, PartyCatAnthem said:

But now when I try to run the game, it's still stuck at a black loading screen with an hourglass, but now it's at a crisp proper resolution. I just don't know what else i can do at this point, and when I try to run the fix from myabandonware it says "Whoops! I cannot find any disk drives attached to your computer." I have a pretty new Windows 10 computer and my graphics card is an NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Ti. Any idea on what I could do?

just keep trying until you can get it to work :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.