Can't move using controller

Fluffy Cupcake

Fluffy Cupcake

Hallo everyone!

So I decided to boot up this old game and found that no controller keys were bound. So I went and binded them. However, there wasn't a way to bind things to the directional movement.

Now, the game registers up and down on the pause menu just fine, but it has no response when I try moving the character around. Is there a way to manually look at keybinds outside of the game, or should I just think about using something external like joy2key?

Note: I am using a new xbox one controller

I don't have an answer on how to fix it (I don't own IXS and, from my experience, it's a struggle to get any games from the early 2000's to recognise controllers/controller input, even if you're using a Logitech controller from around the time of the game's existence), but I just wanted to add...

On 8/21/2021 at 12:57 AM, Mysteli said:

...or should I just think about using something external like joy2key?

...if you're okay with using the controller to input keyboard presses (not great for joystick movement, but still) you could also try Steam's "Big Picture Mode".

Steam's "Big Picture Mode" is compatible with most console controllers, and - by using "Add a Non-Steam Game..." to add IXS' .exe file to your Steam Library - you can boot the game up in Big Picture Mode and change controller bindings on-the-fly by opening the Steam Overlay and selecting "Controller Configuration".

Perfecting the control bindings does take quite a while, but you can pause to change them any time, save and load controller binds, and the configuration screen has various options for defining controller input (so if you can't fix directional movement you can probably fake it by applying keyboard binds and fiddling with Joystick/Direction Pad settings to make it slightly less janky. It'd be rough as hell, but it's better than no movement at all).

Regardless, I wish you the best of luck in finding a solution that works well for you.

...also, welcome back to the fourms, Mysteli.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.