Lego Rock Raiders tabs itself out

Wash

I'm playing the Frozen Frenzy level and two times now I would be an hour into the level and then suddenly the game would tab out on itself then won't tab back in, it still lets me interact with the game though but it just won't show

Could another program be the cause of this? Maybe it's some service running in the background. I'd suggest looking for similar issues with other applications/games and see what updates those offer :)

5 hours ago, aidenpons said:

I wonder if running it in Windowed mode (see this guide) would help. Not with the tabbing out, but hopefully when it tabs in it won't break as much.

when I run it in window mode it's only 640x480

17 hours ago, Wash said:

when I run it in window mode it's only 640x480

Yes, that's how windowed mode generally works, fullscreen is 640x480 except hilariously stretched. Additionally, the fact you got in running on a modern machine without windowed is... impressively lucky, it usually doesn't work.

The good news is you can run the game at higher resolutions in windowed using Cafeteria + CE:Core + Community Edition. It's a bit of a handful to set up, but if you add CE first, get that working, then Cafeteria, get that working, then add CE, select your resolution, and don't forget to hit Apply Mods, that should work.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.