"Retro-Style" 2021 Rocket Racer Minifigure

Olivus Prime

Hey fellas, long time no see.

I'm sure a few people on here are excited about Rocket Racer finally getting a physical minifigure (yes, I know about the race car guy...), I know I have been. I managed to swipe two of his Stuntz set soon after it released - with the intention of keeping one figure unmodified, and customising the second into a "purist" version of the classic Rocket Racer design.

I used rubbing alcohol to remove the vast majority of his torso details, as well as his goatee, and I painted his pupils black to give his eyes that 90s minifigure look. I considered removing his hair and painting his eyebrows black, but I wanted his head to look fairly close to stock. I'm still considering getting a few older minifigure heads to customise to improve his likeness to the original character (though I do really like the new head, I think they got the expression down pretty well). The legs were from a Speed Champions Ford GT driver.

Now we need to wait 22 more years for Veronica Voltage! See you then!

xjcf0710.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.