I've just noticed the Spanish version can be loaded using Windows Registry changing the English value to Spanish in the Language, but something's wrong with it

LegoFan13

Hey guys, I've just noticed that if I change the English value to Spanish in the Language on Windows Registry, IXS will be loaded in Spanish, but unfortunately, something strange happens, if you try to start a new game or load saved games, the game will suddenly crash, I don't even know why my installation folder doesn't have the Spanish version files, I want to know where to get the files and make the Spanish version of IXS work, here's a proof recorded by me:

3 hours ago, LegoFan13 said:

Hey guys, I've just noticed that if I change the English value to Spanish in the Language on Windows Registry, IXS will be loaded in Spanish, but unfortunately, something strange happens, if you try to start a new game or load saved games, the game will suddenly crash

Generally speaking, this checks out with what registry edits do :P Sometimes they do something useful... and sometimes you're changing the arcane currents of Black Magic that, if ill-contained, will seep out into a catastrophic explosion that fractures space-time itself, and creates holes in reality that lead to the Great Devourer of All.

(More seriously, changing random registry values can and will brick things, it's not recommended to go through on a romp changing values to see what it does)

If I had to guess, this is because the game is looking for Spanish files, but doesn't find what it's looking for, so crashes. But the main menu still loads because Lego games are always free of any jank and are always flawless creations with no bugs and strange behaviour left in. :P If you want to run the game in Spanish, it stands to reason you'd need the Spanish files, and to get those, you'd likely need a localised copy that was released in somewhere Spanish-speaking.

Also, the first 10s of your recording are incredibly scuffed - is your PC okay?? There's bits warping and stretching all over the place!!

29 minutes ago, aidenpons said:
3 hours ago, LegoFan13 said:

Hey guys, I've just noticed that if I change the English value to Spanish in the Language on Windows Registry, IXS will be loaded in Spanish, but unfortunately, something strange happens, if you try to start a new game or load saved games, the game will suddenly crash

Generally speaking, this checks out with what registry edits do :P Sometimes they do something useful... and sometimes you're changing the arcane currents of Black Magic that, if ill-contained, will seep out into a catastrophic explosion that fractures space-time itself, and creates holes in reality that lead to the Great Devourer of All.

(More seriously, changing random registry values can and will brick things, it's not recommended to go through on a romp changing values to see what it does)

If I had to guess, this is because the game is looking for Spanish files, but doesn't find what it's looking for, so crashes. But the main menu still loads because Lego games are always free of any jank and are always flawless creations with no bugs and strange behaviour left in. :P If you want to run the game in Spanish, it stands to reason you'd need the Spanish files, and to get those, you'd likely need a localised copy that was released in somewhere Spanish-speaking.

Also, the first 10s of your recording are incredibly scuffed - is your PC okay?? There's bits warping and stretching all over the place!!

Well, if you notice some bugs while recording, it's because I was using Bandicam, I didn't use the typical Unregistered HyperCam 2 meme screen recorder, but if you check out todocolecciones.net, you may find the Spanish version, which I can't get because the seller doesn't do any shipments outside Spain, by the way, have you got the Spanish version files to extract to my cd\comment folder and the rest of my IXS installed folder? I even tried it with the German version using Windows Registry and it doesn't work either, can I get the Spanish and German versions from the RRU Files database?

22 hours ago, LegoFan13 said:

can I get the Spanish and German versions from the RRU Files database?

Unfortunately RRU's files database for languages is ... lacking outside of LRR (and even then, you have to know who to ask as they're not all on the system IIRC). I really have no idea where you'd be able to find the Spanish or German files for IXS.

3 hours ago, aidenpons said:
On 11/8/2021 at 2:44 PM, LegoFan13 said:

can I get the Spanish and German versions from the RRU Files database?

Unfortunately RRU's files database for languages is ... lacking outside of LRR (and even then, you have to know who to ask as they're not all on the system IIRC). I really have no idea where you'd be able to find the Spanish or German files for IXS.

Oh man, where can I get the Spanish and German versions then? The versions won't work without the folders entitled spanish and german, my installation folder only has the danish, dutch, english, french and swedish versions, there's only TXT files about the autorun and CD finder translations in Spanish and German, but, can you give me a link to download an ISO of those Spanish and German versions to extract to my IXS folder?

berry-pepper-roni
On 11/9/2021 at 7:20 PM, LegoFan13 said:

Oh man, where can I get the Spanish and German versions then? The versions won't work without the folders entitled spanish and german, my installation folder only has the danish, dutch, english, french and swedish versions, there's only TXT files about the autorun and CD finder translations in Spanish and German, but, can you give me a link to download an ISO of those Spanish and German versions to extract to my IXS folder?

prolly not - you can't do that here.

also maybe ask someone who has the english IXS to help you fix your spanish version?

2 hours ago, berry-pepper-roni said:
On 11/9/2021 at 5:20 PM, LegoFan13 said:

prolly not - you can't do that here.

also maybe ask someone who has the english IXS to help you fix your spanish version?

I told you I asked Xoas and I wonder if he answered me yet

berry-pepper-roni
9 hours ago, LegoFan13 said:

if you dm'ed him about it, check your dm's to see if he does/wait for an answer

4 hours ago, berry-pepper-roni said:
14 hours ago, LegoFan13 said:

if you dm'ed him about it, check your dm's to see if he does/wait for an answer

Where can I check my DM?

2 minutes ago, berry-pepper-roni said:
3 minutes ago, LegoFan13 said:

Where can I check my DM?

by clicking the small envelope next to the notifications button.

Ah yes, thanks

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.