Lego Island 1 glitched click locations…

Brickticks

So, yeah, finally decided to see if I could get this fixed.  Anyways, am running Lego Island on my old Windows XP, and every single one of the locations that you’re supposed to click in the game, i.e. the race car sign on the pits at the track, are either misplaced, i.e. the trigger for the race car sign is moved to the little black brick behind the glass of the spotter’s box, or only cover a specific area of what would normally be the whole object being clickable, i.e. the helicopter windscreen when building can only be clicked on its decal, so as such that if the windscreen is turned sideways on the shelf you can’t click on it to finish the helicopter.  

Other notable places where this takes place are the house that you can click on to change its appearance, in which I cannot get it to change past the third house option, no matter where I click, the information center, in which you can only enter from the outside by clicking on the little trans-yellow stud lights above the doors, and nowhere else, the pizzeria can only be clicked on a certain part of the fence, and the pizza can only be clicked on the patterned top side, the tow truck and ambulance hats can only be clicked on the logo on front, the police motor cycle can only be clicked on its rear trans-blue siren light, and several others that I honestly can’t even begin to remember.

Mind you, I am experiencing one other much more helpful glitch in the fact that the Brickster, when doing the helicopter portion of the mission, will always get stuck on donuts when you throw them in his path, which makes things much easier to catch him, as I only need to fire off a row of donuts behind and in front of him and jus wait for Nick or Laura to show up, run the donuts, and catch him, so if that one is linked to the above click locations glitch I will be rather sad that the Brickster is going to be a lot harder to catch.  Oh well.

Rockatoa, Brickticks out!

I vaguely remember someone figuring out that this glitch is caused by one of the game's rendering methods. If you open CONFIG.EXE in the LEGO Island install folder, then click Advanced, you can choose a different renderer. I think ramp emulation fixed it but has its own problems. Perhaps it's worth trying all of them.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.