Help with running LEGO Island on Windows XP

mkbricks

Hello! I’m sorry if this has been asked before, but I’ve searched everywhere and can’t find a good answer. I bought a refurbished HP computer running Windows XP, which I thought would be fine for playing LEGO Island and other retro LEGO Games. I installed the game normally and updated to Direct X 5 when prompted to. So when I start the game, I’m brought to a screen like this, blue background and it keeps flashing:

https://imgur.com/F43M2lN

I’ve tried playing with the compatibility settings to have it run in 8-bit mode and Windows 95/98 compatibility mode but none of that made a difference. 

In searching, I’ve seen a lot of people have this problem trying to run LEGO Island on newer OS’s or with emulators, but I’m not doing any of that so I thought this would be easier. Should I have done something different with the install?

Update: I solved it!!

For anyone else having this problem, I just had to run the CONFIG.EXE and change it to ramp emulation, then 256 color. 

Easy fix, sorry for the new topic!

berry-pepper-roni
On 3/17/2022 at 7:45 PM, mkbricks said:

Hello! I’m sorry if this has been asked before, but I’ve searched everywhere and can’t find a good answer. I bought a refurbished HP computer running Windows XP, which I thought would be fine for playing LEGO Island and other retro LEGO Games. I installed the game normally and updated to Direct X 5 when prompted to. So when I start the game, I’m brought to a screen like this, blue background and it keeps flashing:

https://imgur.com/F43M2lN

I’ve tried playing with the compatibility settings to have it run in 8-bit mode and Windows 95/98 compatibility mode but none of that made a difference. 

In searching, I’ve seen a lot of people have this problem trying to run LEGO Island on newer OS’s or with emulators, but I’m not doing any of that so I thought this would be easier. Should I have done something different with the install?

I start my game and it does nothing but load a black screen. any fix for that? :P

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.