Issue running LEGO Island 1

berry-pepper-roni

berry-pepper-roni

I talked about this problem in a previous topic and unfortunately, no one answered me with how to fix said problem. I don't know if this is considered spam since I've only posted about this once (and now twice):

Again:

I open up my game and it loads a black screen. The FMV's don't load either, and it seems like they don't load at all. The files are all where they're supposed to be and there aren't any missing files.

I tested this just now to see if the infamous "No CD" screen would load, but it doesn't.

Does/did anyone else have this problem, and if so, is there a way to fix it?

SmokedCarpenter

Not sure about Lego Island, but when I was having issues with cutscenes in Legoland/Creator KK I simply launched the game in compatibility mode (For those I used Windows XP Service Pack 2, but you may have to test each different OS/service pack and see what works.) You can also try reduced color mode, and obviously tick the box for run as admin.

berry-pepper-roni
20 hours ago, SmokedCarpenter said:

Not sure about Lego Island, but when I was having issues with cutscenes in Legoland/Creator KK I simply launched the game in compatibility mode (For those I used Windows XP Service Pack 2, but you may have to test each different OS/service pack and see what works.) You can also try reduced color mode, and obviously tick the box for run as admin.

Maybe. I'll try 95/98/Me (I tried Service Pack 3 but that might've been the problem)

8 minutes ago, berry-pepper-roni said:

Maybe. I'll try 95/98/Me (I tried Service Pack 3 but that might've been the problem)

@SmokedCarpenter I set the compatibility mode to 95, but that didn't work. So I decided to set it to Service Pack 2 and waited about a minute, and the cutscenes STILL didn't load. I checked CONFIG and it's literally set on 16-bit color, too...like you said.

17 minutes ago, berry-pepper-roni said:

@SmokedCarpenter I set the compatibility mode to 95, but that didn't work. So I decided to set it to Service Pack 2 and waited about a minute, and the cutscenes STILL didn't load. I checked CONFIG and it's literally set on 16-bit color, too...like you said.

Actually, hold on.

I'm gonna try uninstalling and reinstalling to see if it fixes it.

Fingers crossed...

(I'm sorry for so many replies, lol)

20 minutes ago, berry-pepper-roni said:

Actually, hold on.

Fingers crossed...

I got the Lego Island Failed to Start error :(

berry-pepper-roni
35 minutes ago, berry-pepper-roni said:

Actually, hold on.

Fingers crossed...

I got the Lego Island Failed to Start error :(

And then I tried to fix it using what was supposed to be a fix but it just brought the black screen problem back. At this point I don't even know if I wanna play lego island anymore :/

MasterSushi
11 hours ago, berry-pepper-roni said:

And then I tried to fix it using what was supposed to be a fix but it just brought the black screen problem back. At this point I don't even know if I wanna play lego island anymore :/

Sounds like a codec issue with the black screen(s). Not sure what codecs Lego Island uses though.

Have you tried using Lego Rebuilder yet? It acts as a launcher, (it doesn't modify the game permanently).

Lego Rebuilder lets you run the game in windowed and fix/change various settings which may allow the movies to play.

berry-pepper-roni
11 hours ago, MasterSushi said:

Sounds like a codec issue with the black screen(s). Not sure what codecs Lego Island uses though.

Have you tried using Lego Rebuilder yet? It acts as a launcher, (it doesn't modify the game permanently).

Lego Rebuilder lets you run the game in windowed and fix/change various settings which may allow the movies to play.

I was not planning to use rebuilder but maybe....!

6 minutes ago, berry-pepper-roni said:

im using rebuilder >:) thanks @MasterSushi

19 minutes ago, berry-pepper-roni said:

i get an error that says "failed to create process with 0x24" @MasterSushi is there a fix for that??

MasterSushi
7 hours ago, berry-pepper-roni said:

i get an error that says "failed to create process with 0x24" @MasterSushi is there a fix for that??

Try running Lego Rebuilder as administrator.

berry-pepper-roni
On 5/24/2022 at 10:20 PM, MasterSushi said:

Try running Lego Rebuilder as administrator.

Kk

@MasterSushi It didn't take 4 seconds to load the FMV's (in fact, it didn't even load the FMV's at all. Or at least I don't think the FMV's loaded.)

3 minutes ago, berry-pepper-roni said:

Kk

@MasterSushi It didn't take 4 seconds to load the FMV's (in fact, it didn't even load the FMV's at all. Or at least I don't think the FMV's loaded.)

It just stayed a black screen. Like normal THIS IS NOT NORMAL.

At this point I don't even know what to do.... except sit and cry in front of my computer....

6 minutes ago, berry-pepper-roni said:

Kk

At this point I don't even know what to do.... except sit and cry in front of my computer....

I know I can do this, but at the same time I don't know if I can do this.

I get the same error. It worked a couple of minutes ago.... @MasterSushi

Does @MattKChave a fix for my problem (specifically my problem with Rebuilder not opening Lego Island and it showing the error), I wonder? Hmmmm.......

MasterSushi
4 hours ago, berry-pepper-roni said:

Kk

I know I can do this, but at the same time I don't know if I can do this.

I get the same error. It worked a couple of minutes ago.... @MasterSushi

Does @MattKChave a fix for my problem (specifically my problem with Rebuilder not opening Lego Island and it showing the error), I wonder? Hmmmm.......

Do you have a second display/monitor connected? If so, disconnect it, otherwise the game may freeze.

Have you installed dgVoodoo2? If not then you should follow these instructions:

1. Download the latest version of dgVoodoo 2 here and open the .zip archive file.
  2. Open the MS\x86 folder and copy D3D8.dll, D3DImm.dll and DDraw.dll files to where the game is installed (with ISLE.EXE).
  3. Also copy the dgVoodooCpl, into the game installation folder where the game executable is.

And then run CONFIG.EXE with Windows 98 compatibility mode (located with the game's exe) and click the Advanced button and make sure Direct3D HAL is selected.

After doing all of that, try running the game.

Other things to check:

- Right-click and view the properties of the d3drm.dll file and see the version number under the Details tab. My version is 5.1.2600.0, yours may have to be updated.

berry-pepper-roni
16 hours ago, MasterSushi said:

Do you have a second display/monitor connected?

no lol

16 hours ago, MasterSushi said:

Have you installed dgVoodoo2? If not then you should follow these instructions:

1. Download the latest version of dgVoodoo 2 here and open the .zip archive file.
  2. Open the MS\x86 folder and copy D3D8.dll, D3DImm.dll and DDraw.dll files to where the game is installed (with ISLE.EXE).
  3. Also copy the dgVoodooCpl, into the game installation folder where the game executable is.

And then run CONFIG.EXE with Windows 98 compatibility mode (located with the game's exe) and click the Advanced button and make sure Direct3D HAL is selected.

After doing all of that, try running the game.

Other things to check:

- Right-click and view the properties of the d3drm.dll file and see the version number under the Details tab. My version is 5.1.2600.0, yours may have to be updated.

THIS IS SO COMPLICATED!!! ugh.....

why does running lego island have to be so HARD???

i mean, i could run it once on this exact PC i'm trying to run it on now without any problems and now i have to do all this.... may i say crap???

i'm sorry but i just really wanna run it on my pc again :(

MasterSushi
On 5/28/2022 at 2:29 AM, berry-pepper-roni said:

no lol

THIS IS SO COMPLICATED!!! ugh.....

why does running lego island have to be so HARD???

i mean, i could run it once on this exact PC i'm trying to run it on now without any problems and now i have to do all this.... may i say crap???

i'm sorry but i just really wanna run it on my pc again :(

I feel you. It is extremely complicated. I wasn't able to get LEGO Island to run 10 years ago and gave up.

However I finally got it working last year and it was amazing experiencing the game for the first time.

When were you last able to run the game on your PC? What changed between it working and it breaking?

If you want to try again, I would recommending uninstalling the game completely.

After doing that, use this alternate installer to install the game effortlessly: https://github.com/le717/Island-Alternate-Installer/LEGO.Island.Alternate.Installer.exe

Make sure that you've got your LEGO Island disc inserted.

berry-pepper-roni
7 hours ago, MasterSushi said:

Make sure that you've got your LEGO Island disc inserted.

I don't have the disc LOL!

When were you last able to run the game on your PC?

January 2022

What changed between it working and it breaking?

I debugged the brickster escape thingy, and like a coward I deleted and reinstalled the lego island files. And then it (the game) didn't work.

• Sad 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.