Welcome Rock Raiders United to the Mask of Destiny Network!

Vahkiti

• Administrators

As some of you may be aware, ShadowDraikana, a Litestone Studios staff member, has been appointed administrator of Rock Raiders United in light of recent events on the site. As such, RRU has now officially joined Mask of Destiny as our newest partner!

What does this mean for RRU moving forward? Well, for the most part, it'll be business as usual. Aside from some staff turnover, (Myself included in this process, hello! :p) and possible revisions to the rules, no major changes have been deemed necessary. The biggest change is that the site has now moved to Mask of Destiny's servers, and will be considered an equal member of our growing network. While Rock Raiders United is obviously not focused on the BIONICLE theme, as all previous members of the MoD network were, there was already a large overlap between MoD staff and the RRU userbase, so MoD providing hosting for the site was a no-brainer.

With all that said, we hope that you'll continue to enjoy RRU for years to come, and that together, we can all better maintain the legacy of these discontinued themes. If you have any questions or concerns regarding these changes, feel free to sound off below.

so the decision to keep the site as an archive has changed again?

6 minutes ago, Vahkiti said:

With all that said, we hope that you'll continue to enjoy RRU for years to come

hm.

• Administrators
ShadowDraikana

The site is going to be here for archival, and it's going to be left open.  I made that clear I thought in my announcement that while its being kept for preservation purposes, the site is going to be maintained.  If people want to use it, cool.  If not, no obligation to.  I'll be looking at some changes to add links to external servers of various projects most likely, kind of like a redirect repository in a sense.  This way people can move to more focused discussion elsewhere if so required.  Not a done deal but am looking at it.

Going to be making a separate post detailing some under the hood changes that were made.

• 2 weeks later...
MinifigRenderer

If you guys need any more staff members for the site, I used to be the last remaining community assistant and article writer for the forum. I’d be more than happy to help out in any way 😀

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/1/2023 at 4:03 AM, Vahkiti said:

If you have any questions or concerns regarding these changes, feel free to sound off below.

Is editing on this forum going to get back in the future? I asked about it in here, but got no response from it: 

I would prefer to continue with my topics, but is heavily reliant on editing, because it is much work to do at once and never perfect. I would prefer to continue to support my topics if needed and it is not currently possible for me to do so. I would like to keep my stuff up-to-date.