Cave Raiders (Rebuild of Rock Raiders)

Packer

Holy Macaroni! Packer has returned!

Well I have to say, it looks great, especially for a prototype. Looking forward to seeing it in action.

Well I have to say, it looks great, especially for a prototype. Looking forward to seeing it in action.

Yes, until Lego sues us. Still, it's WAY better than what anyone else has right now.

Small update, remaking Level 8.. can't remember what you do in it but looked like a nice map to use as a test arena.

screenshot00100000.th.png

At the moment each Cave "block" has x2 the texture loop which I'll be changing to 1 by next image update making more sense to your eyes when mining. I also added in Tool Icons as seen bottom left hand corner, reusing the old ones because I think they're neat. I have done one online test with someone and no problems there so looking good for a public test very soon.

Yes, until Lego sues us.

It's not mine nor rru's. But I would recommend replacing the textures with custom ones.

Update, pushing that public release back a day or 2, added a fair few things like the Tunnel Transport and "enhanced" the caves, they have a more 3D effect now rather then just boxes. This is the best I can do without a coder who would make a proper cave system. My hands muscles are stuffed as well because of work a couple of days ago and its hard to use them, not good when you need finger co-ordination while 3D modelling.

newcaves.th.png

I am have a few problems like the drill particles not appealing unless you look directly at the drills muzzle, quite hard to know if you're drilling or not. I have however added in a toggle drill feature which you use by right clicking on or off the drill, trust me when I say your hands will hurt if you don't use it. You can still hold left click and I'm not removing Left click drilling because its also used for firing weapons.

Well, you could make a little bar that says, "Action: Drilling". There's no way somebody would not know they were drilling.

Question: Can you add an option to turn antialising up to a minimum of 8?

As for the particles only appearing sometimes, are the particles tied into the drill itself and an animation whenever you fire it, or do you have a particle emitter? It's been a while since ol' Maveric has worked in Torque, so forgive me if I don't know what I'm talking about.

do you mean fps as first person shooter , becouse i am already making that! /:|

The game and name are subject to change, only put FPS there because you do play in First Person mode. And before you even mention "copying" I've been working on this idea for 3-4 years now.

do you mean fps as first person shooter , becouse i am already making that! /:|

The game and name are subject to change, only put FPS there because you do play in First Person mode. And before you even mention "copying" I've been working on this idea for 3-4 years now.

well . so your is more real rockraiders . mine has online co-op too but then as adventure mode :D and this one is awesome too :D

rrlogosmall.png

Features:

Comes with 6 vehicles, Online play (Though you can kill each other) and some test areas you can drill.

Download:

http://www.mediafire.com/?4ke5ed183o2nxmm

Controls:

WASD - movement

Spacebar - Exit Vehicle

1 - Drill

0 - Unmount Tool/Weapon

Left Click - Drill

Right Click - Toggle Drill

Tab - Change camera view

V - Rotate camera in third person view

H - Ingame Help Window (use it, though its not up to date)

If you're hosting you may need to port forward if no one can find your server.

28000 - 28030 TCP and UDP

Or if you know the host get their IP and press ~ in the main menu and type:

connect("123.456.789:28000", "password", "name");

Replace name with your name, make password " " if there is no password and change the numbers to the hosts IP.

Remember this is still early days and I'm only releasing this because I have to work on other things and I want people to get a feel of what is to come in the future. Please don't reupload and if you want to link it around post this forum thread rather then just the Download Link. If the game doesn't run I honestly can't help you, some known fixes are install Direct X 9 and update your graphics cards. If you get a missing DLL error make sure the dll file within the main rock raiders folder is the same name as the exe (except the .dll .exe parts).

Well I have to say, that is most excellent work right there packer. The most complete multiplayer RR yet... and it supports my resolution YAY!

Anyway, I can confirm it runs on Win7 64Bit. Although I needed to download two DLL's: "X3DAudio1_6.dll" and "D3DX9_41.dll" for it to run.

As you have mentioned this is ealry days, so there is little point of me saying this and that needs fixing. I will just offer encouragement to keep working on it.

Actually... one thing... with the driving, make ASWD keys control it rather than the mouse... it's just weird.

EDIT: OH LOOK! Scripts are all readable! THANKS!

EDIT#2: Holy dooly, I can do more modification then I thought. Keep it this way please! ... new level coming soon people.

EDIT#3: Hah I joined my own server.

So... I don't like default logo's. So I added my own:

If you want it get this file and replace it with the one in "art/gui".

Yes I named it 'online' because this game is better as an online game rather then single player... in my view anyway(kinda a minecraft alternate I guess).

Whats the deal with all the vehicles and buildings being outside the map and the crystal on the roof?

Ooooo.... I like potential lawsuits this. Imma test it in wine.

Edit: Yay...well... it sorta works. It works until it loads the level. It gets as far as loading objects, then I hear the teleport sound then it breaks.

Ooooo.... I like potential lawsuits this. Imma test it in wine.

Edit: Yay...well... it sorta works. It works until it loads the level. It gets as far as loading objects, then I hear the teleport sound then it breaks.

Post console, sometimes helps to know what is actually going wrong. Honestly the whole lawsuit thing seems... extremely unlikely, my Zelda World project still hasn't rang any Nintendo bells surprisingly.

EDIT: OH LOOK! Scripts are all readable! THANKS!

EDIT#2: Holy dooly, I can do more modification then I thought. Keep it this way please! ... new level coming soon people.

EDIT#3: Hah I joined my own server.

Yep dead easy to mod, Chrome Crusher model is in there its just not scripted yet. If you want to try it just make a new script cs file and call it chromecrusher.cs, add into it

datablock WheeledVehicleData(ChromeCrusher : LoaderDozer)

{

category = "Vehicles";

shapeFile = "art/shapes/lego/chromecrusher.dts";

};

then go up one level in the folders and open datablockExec.cs and add
exec("./vehicles/chromecrusher.cs");
to the end of the file. To spawn it in-game add to a mis file:

new WheeledVehicle() {

disableMove = "0";

dataBlock = "ChromeCrusher";

position = "-0.242374 -9.92262 1.08132";

rotation = "-0.0356496 -0.0260406 -0.999025 72.3474";

scale = "1 1 1";

canSave = "1";

canSaveDynamicFields = "1";

persistentId = "5b7f63f3-014b-11e0-b09c-af467b93c39b";

mountable = "1";

};

Also another thing is I have to keep the Torque 3D logo, I forgot to replace it in the loading screen but its not that bad and I'll fix it next update.

Oh dear, I think my ability to play FPSs has been disabled for several hours.

I have bad motion sickness, so, please make the view not bob/bounce. That's my only suggestion at the moment, seeing that I haven't been able to play.

Oh dear, I think my ability to play FPSs has been disabled for several hours.

I have bad motion sickness, so, please make the view not bob/bounce. That's my only suggestion at the moment, seeing that I haven't been able to play.

No, make a button to disable it. The game looks better with the bobbing.

Ya, option to disable it. Who doesn't love tons of options?

Ya, option to disable it. Who doesn't love tons of options?

The indecisive.

• lol username locked this topic