Rock Raiders And Power Miners In Lego Universe!

Seamonster

The only thing that concerns the mind of you is that those good ole' Rock Raiders boys are quite similar to aristocrats to coexist in a sport like Lego Universe. Not a soul in this crown desires Rock Raiders in the tourney. You wish them to be synonymous with the dark arts, that our children have been hidden from thus far. Rock Raiders should, nay, MUST be in Lego Universe, and in fact LEGO could revitalize Rock Raiders in its entirety, but no.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Seamonster

• lol username

• Sonic322

• Pyro

There is nothing preventing any theme from being in LEGO Universe. There are other planets like Eurus and Cira planned, and even without the other planets the segments of Crux could be used as well. The Rock Raiders use a starship, they can easily travel to Crux or anywhere else to help out, and Power Miners could be used as well, as nearly all the minifigures of the Nexus Force are from Earth such as Johnny Thunder.

As far as the plot goes, I could conceivably see the Rock Raiders stopping by crux to help out or whatever. Heck, they could even have some friendly RR Rock Monsters with them to kick the wimpy PM monsters' butts.

Heck, I can even see them having some friendly RR Rock Monster with them.

This goes to the subject of intelligent monsters. The fact that Planet U used to have high intelligence and the RRs hoped that their civilization may one day be rebuilt. Yes, it's all so clear now.

LU might have power miners added just as random characters. Are there just random lego people that walk around in LU that aren't controlled by a player?

LU might have power miners added just as random characters. Are there just random lego people that walk around in LU that aren't controlled by a player?

To answer your question then is there a LEGO Earth yet in the LEGO Universe game?

If so then what games/comics/sets would it have to incorporate?

• LEGO Power Miners
  • LEGO Island (all of them)
  • LEGO Land
  • LEGO Loco
  • Countless LEGO City sets
  • Etc

On a side note, look at all the work it would take to add in every single Bionicle related thing. (Bionicles are considered LEGO right?)

It won't take long until LEGO Universe Becomes more of a huge LEGO museum then a game.

LEGO Loco doesn't take place on Earth. Or maybe it does, I dunno. Super Station Master (I groan every time I have to say that name) said something about "Loco Land" in Island Xtreme Stunts, so...

When you get into LEGO Land then you also run into how the guy from LEGO Land went to Planet U to find out how the crystals work.

This would give way to so many ideas that LEGO could play on and make LEGO Universe more then just about saving imagination.

Because apparently he knew about Planet U or else he would never have met the Rock Raiders.

Tauka Usanake

LEGO Loco takes place in a toy box with all the bricks placed by you. It's like you are God and you are shaping the world as you see fit. I recall Robot Chicken making a joke on that with a Lego guy saying that everything is "created by a stronger force".

When you get into LEGO Land then you also run into how the guy from LEGO Land went to Planet U to find out how the crystals work.This would give way to so many ideas that LEGO could play on and make LEGO Universe more then just about saving imagination.

Or you could just go to planet U and ignore LegoLand from canon.

"Are there non-player characters that walk around in lego universe? Answer my question!"

If there weren't, LU would have no point.

Are there non-player characters that walk around in lego universe? Answer my question!

yes their is, the mission givers and those how gives hints or just says random things. and your own creations talks to.

I have spent half an hour or more going though every post in this topic and cutting all the useless garbage out of it that was posted(4 pages cut out in total). Please do not do this again. This topic has a subject, stick to it or create another one to discuss something else. If you want to spam do it on 4Chan, this is not the place for it.

It's amazing, out of all the spam the two least likely people: TMLC and aLPHA contributed the least to it.

Tauka Usanake

I have spent half an hour or more going though every post in this topic and cutting all the useless garbage out of it that was posted(4 pages cut out in total). Please do not do this again. This topic has a subject, stick to it or create another one to discuss something else. If you want to spam do it on 4Chan, this is not the place for it.

What I mean is that some one is going to have to mod the crap out of this topic if this keeps up. It's like two year olds have gotten a hold of the topic. Good Grief!

It's amazing, out of all the spam the two least likely people: TMLC and aLPHA contributed the least to it.

I kind of think only one is likely to do that. I wouldn't blame aLPHA mainly because he's not TMLC but then again I might not be justified in saying that.

OMG that is awesome. :lol:

(I like how Alpha was asking a question and not contributing to spam but I was trying to get the topic back on topic and I did.)

But this isn't the time or place for that.

If they did add LEGO Loco into the game then the only thing I could think of would be a giant toy chest floating in space. (That would be funny)

Other thing I just thought of that would be on earth would be:

• LEGO Batman
  • LEGO Spiderman
  • LEGO Harry Potter
  • LEGO Indiana Jones
  • LEGO SpongeBob SquarePants
  • LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean
  • LEGO Prince of Persia

Actually, Earth is pretty overrated.

We should nuke the planet and get rid of it.

What I mean is that some one is going to have to mod the crap out of this topic if this keeps up. It's like two year olds have gotten a hold of the topic. Good Grief!

You know what's sad? I unintentionally started the crap. I just made a single post and then all heck broke loose (wanted to use another word but due to the strict language rules on the boards I can't.) But yeah, I came in here after a day and came back to a disaster. I personally don't know if I should be disappointed in myself, or in others for taking an opinion the wrong way. I will admit, I did get a good laugh out of it but at the same time, I found it mildly annoying that everyone was like "YAY LOOK AT ME! LET'S SEE HOW MANY STUPID POSTS WE COULD MAKE BEFORE CYREM COMES AND DELETES THEM!" I deal with enough of this crap else where. I don't need or wish to see it here. I would appreciate it and so would the admins and mods that you don't do this again.

So I apologize if I stole any moderator or admin's "thunder". I just felt it needed to be said.

Anyway, back on topic. tbh, I haven't had a Lego theme appeal to me in a very long time. They've started getting really stale over the years. Basically I think I started to just grow up away from Lego, and more into video games. However, Lego Rock Raiders is a sign of my nostalgia and seeing the "Rock Monsters" in Lego Power Miners in a TV advert really angered and upset me. I was also mildly disappointed by the look of the sets. I thought of Power Miners as more of a rip off of Rock Raiders than actually being canon with it (which it probably wasn't to begin with but some people have been acting like it is for some odd reason.)

I think I still have all my Rock Raiders characters somewhere. Of course, I may have given them away to my cousins in a huge tub of Legos I had. I got them on sale from a KB toys store long after they were out of print. probably back in 2002 or something. Can't remember the exact date. It was a tiny cheap Lego package. It had all five characters and a small little thingy. (I don't think a Figure of Chief was ever officially made. If it was, I never saw an advert of it with him.)

Anyway, sorry. I just had a nostalgia trip I probably didn't need to take. Anyway, yeah, Rock Raiders will always be > than Power Miners in my book. Either I'm getting older, or Lego's set ideas are getting crappier. I've never been a huge Star Wars fan so I really don't get the Starwars Legos. I dislike Halo due to the fanbase, so I don't get the Legos of those either. In fact, I stopped getting Bionicle right after the first Metru Nui series. It started to get a little repetitive after that.

Rock Raiders is probably one of the Lego Franchises I remember best. The Second Johnny Thunder series with the Dinosaurs is another one. Anything with Dinosaurs, Dragons, or older Lego series before 2005 were cool. In fact, I thought the Lego series from the 90's and early 2000's were probably some of Lego's most classic and best work. I mean, They had some really cool and interesting themes then. Nowadays, it seems like Lego's started to just take old series and rip them off or take some other franchise and "Legoize it".

So yeah, you probably won't see me play Lego Universe. Why? Well because its expensive and I just don't do online games.

@Sonic, if licensed themes like Batman appeared in LU, they would not be connected to the main worlds, NetDevil wouldn't tie them in with the main story.

@LordZakida, that made me lol. Good work!

I've no problem with the Rock Raiders appearing in LU as long as none of the original elements or characters are changed; they could even be mining for something else entirely. And like I said earlier, they could canonically be accompanied by friendly Rock Monsters.

The only way themes like LEGO Batman, LEGO Indiana Jones, LEGO Star Wars and other movie or tv based themes would appear in LU is that it is an Hollywood based world where all the minifigurs are just actors. But back to the topic, lets say that the Rock Raiders are trapped on one of Crux`s worlds becose of the Maelstrom have destroyed their engines and they cant live even if they repaired the engines. Becose they are afraid that the Maelstrom will hit them again.

The only way themes like LEGO Batman, LEGO Indiana Jones, LEGO Star Wars and other movie or tv based themes would appear in LU is that it is an Hollywood based world where all the minifigurs are just actors. But back to the topic, lets say that the Rock Raiders are trapped on one of Crux`s worlds becose of the Maelstrom have destroyed their engines and they cant live even if they repaired the engines. Becose they are afraid that the Maelstrom will hit them again.

You know, that's actually not a bad idea. There's an old LEGO.com game called Backlot that takes place in Hollywood with Johnny Thunder playing a character in a movie, and you have to help out the people around the studio. There are references to plenty of real, actual movies, like Jurassic Park. I wouldn't mind licensed characters if they were just actors in LEGO Studios. As for the Maelstrom damaging the LMS Explorer's engines, that too is a good idea - fits in with the original story well, perhaps they could be on their way back from Planet U when they pass Crux and the Maelstrom.

You know, that's actually not a bad idea. There's an old LEGO.com game called Backlot that takes place in Hollywood with Johnny Thunder playing a character in a movie, and you have to help out the people around the studio. There are references to plenty of real, actual movies, like Jurassic Park. I wouldn't mind licensed characters if they were just actors in LEGO Studios. As for the Maelstrom damaging the LMS Explorer's engines, that too is a good idea - fits in with the original story well, perhaps they could be on their way back from Planet U when they pass Crux and the Maelstrom.

My god....I remember that game! Whatever happened to it, anyway?

yeah, you see. It can work, and it could be a funny part where the leader of the RR (i dont remember his name) is arguing with the leader of the PM (also dont remember) about how shall lead the mining operations at the world.

My god....I remember that game! Whatever happened to it, anyway?

It's not linked to on the site anymore, but it's still up and running, you can find it with a google search. You need a LEGO.com account to go beyond the first level.

http://www.lego.com/eng/play/games/backlot/prompt.asp

Er, wait a moment... Login system is bugged. Hang on, lemme try to find a working URL...

Ok, try signing in and using a link on this page somewhere.

http://www.lego.com/eng/play/games/backlot/spinningcrate.asp

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.