LEGO Island: Source (Help Needed!) -Update-

Crystalwarrior

6 members have voted

1. 1. Are you gonna help us?

Crystalwarrior

Ok, so, this is our project; making LEGO Island in Source engine (maybe just in gmod). Anyway, right now we are just making a map, and we're not done with it.

Currently, we need Modellers, LEGO Island Textures/sounds/music/models, programmers, and source engine users. Current team is Me (Crystalwarrior) and Battleben.

You can find us both on Steam. If you are willing to help, please respond to this topic!

~~UPDATE!!~~

I need someone who knows how to use LDraw program and haves LEGO Island models recreated there! This will help us in making model files!

screens:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/battleben/screenshot/541773029929779288

• Like 1

Since you don't need modelers, you've pissed me off enough to make me not join...lojks

Definatly sounds like a great project, but since I'm not making the extracting tools, I can't model for s***, I can't program, the only thing I can do is be a source engine user (which I legitimatly am, I only need to get DoD). What exactly would I be doing as a source owner?

Also, welcome to RRU!

Crystalwarrior

Since you don't need modelers, you've pissed me off enough to make me not join...lojks

Definatly sounds like a great project, but since I'm not making the extracting tools, I can't model for s***, I can't program, the only thing I can do is be a source engine user (which I legitimatly am, I only need to get DoD). What exactly would I be doing as a source owner?

Also, welcome to RRU!

Thanks! Anyway, Source Engine owners shall know at least how to map or how to make models correctly and make them appear in the game, etc. They are just like grammar nazis but in source engine xD

Also, welcome to RRU!

Thanks! Anyway, Source Engine owners shall know at least how to map or how to make models correctly and make them appear in the game, etc. They are just like grammar nazis but in source engine xD

Well, I can use the Source Development Kit if that helps...sort of. I've pretty much forgotten most of it since I started learning UDK, but if you do need me, just PM me, and I'll re-learn everything. I'm always looking for potential modding oppurtunites.

And I disagree with your signiture; you're name isn't Epic. Epic has been long gone for a while now... ;P

What we need the most:

1. LEGO Island models, textures and sounds

2. Someone who knows how to add models and textures X_X.

I've moved this over to Member Share because 'Your Creations' is really for hand made LEGO creations.

The screenshots are looking good so far. Welcome and I hope you both find the help you are looking for.

Good luck with the project.

I've moved this over to Member Share because 'Your Creations' is really for hand made LEGO creations.

Cyrem...not to pretend I'm a better admin or anything...but wouldn't this go in Project: Island? While it says Modding and File Formats, this is technically like ORR, and it would probably be best suited with the other Island stuff since they do specifically state they needed the assets from the original game extracted...

Cyrem...not to pretend I'm a better admin or anything...but wouldn't this go in Project: Island? While it says Modding and File Formats, this is technically like ORR, and it would probably be best suited with the other Island stuff since they do specifically state they needed the assets from the original game extracted...

The 'Project: Island' forum is related to research and modding of the original LEGO Island game.

I have some questions for this.

First: Is it a mod or is it a kind of a re-make?

Second: Which of the Island games are you referring to?

The 'Project: Island' forum is related to research and modding of the original LEGO Island game.

Oh U MAD.

Fine. We'll do the forums YOUR way...

And a question for the modders...is this just a complete port to Source? Or are you planning to add something more? If it was me, I'd maybe upgrade the story a little bit, tweak the island, maybe add in some of the newer and older LEGO themes by extracting models from LDD like I do...

Looking at what they have so far, it's a mod of the Source Engine for a remake of LEGO Island 1.

Oboe Shoes

Count me in, I'll help wherever I can. I've been messing around with source for a while. I know a bit about mapping, but I'll probably be alot more useful in debugging prerelease versions of the map/whatever entities you're using. (If you can break something in source/gmod, I'll find a way :P)

I'll also look into what can be done about getting the original LEGO Island files.

Looking at what they have so far, it's a mod of the Source Engine for a remake of LEGO Island 1.

I'm very sure it refers to Island 1, as well.

They say mod, but this could relate to anything. Is it a map to play in a source game? Is it the entire game re-made in Source? This simple question changes the spectrum of things, because making a remake in source is pretty damn hard; specifically making the FrontEnd UI. Making the levels? Easy from what I remember. Making the UI? You're going to have some problems on your hand.

Hmm... I know nothing about this(Source engine, gmod) But anyway I will not be able to help then. My LEGO Island 1 runs very poorly.

Currently its just a LEGO island map for garrys mod. Tthe map WILL have various easter eggs and secrets, like being able to go through the door in captain clicks cave. Some actual LEGO island models and such would be a big help though :3. If we had rips of the jukebox songs we could probably make a working jukebox.

EDIT: Oh and the source engine is the engine that games such as Portal and Half Life 2 use.

Fluffy Cupcake

The only thing I know how to do for source is map xD. So, no help from me.

If we had rips of the jukebox songs we could probably make a working jukebox.
Songs are right here. Link. Check the left side (profile information) area for the LEGO Island OST download link (it has the radio songs).

Will the buildings be go inside-able? I know that the insides will be to big to fit in the buildings, so you would teleport when you enter of course.

Crystalwarrior

The only thing I know how to do for source is map xD. So, no help from me.

If we had rips of the jukebox songs we could probably make a working jukebox.
Songs are right here. Link. Check the left side (profile information) area for the LEGO Island OST download link (it has the radio songs).

Will the buildings be go inside-able? I know that the insides will be to big to fit in the buildings, so you would teleport when you enter of course.

Well, I dont know about ben, but personally I want to recreate whole LEGO Island in Source engine. Maybe ben will just be a mapper and/or moral helper. Answering all the questions, Yes. it WILL be a source engine remake of LEGO island 1. But first we need to finish the map so it match ups LEGO island perfectly (if its not exactly the same.). So, buildings will be go inside-able. For this we will need lots of models too..

But first we need to finish the map so it match ups LEGO island perfectly (if its not exactly the same.). So, buildings will be go inside-able. For this we will need lots of models too..

Nice as old models are, I can assist if you want higher quality models. If you send me pictures of the older LEGO Island ones, I can use LDD and some other tools to make High Resolution versions much more suited to the Source engine, as well as new interiors and whatnot.

Crystalwarrior

But first we need to finish the map so it match ups LEGO island perfectly (if its not exactly the same.). So, buildings will be go inside-able. For this we will need lots of models too..

Nice as old models are, I can assist if you want higher quality models. If you send me pictures of the older LEGO Island ones, I can use LDD and some other tools to make High Resolution versions much more suited to the Source engine, as well as new interiors and whatnot.

...you say you can port LDD files to Source?? Whoa. Neat! Anyway, here's one screen currently:

Ok guys! I have finally figured out how to import models into source engine! To see my first prop, go HERE: http://steamcommunity.com/id/59874/screenshot/577801827021837335

Minifig9292

AHEM

I am the self appointed source engine guru around these parts.

If you hit any strange problems with compiling, textureing, scripting, or anything else specifically engine related, ask me for help.

Been working with this engine heavily since 05.

I am VERY proficient in the pre-release leaked version of source, but I really doubt you'd use that one. xD

Crystalwarrior

AHEM

I am the self appointed source engine guru around these parts.

If you hit any strange problems with compiling, textureing, scripting, or anything else specifically engine related, ask me for help.

Been working with this engine heavily since 05.

I am VERY proficient in the pre-release leaked version of source, but I really doubt you'd use that one. xD

Haha thats great! Anyway, whoever says he can apply are AUTOMATICLY accepted! Contact me via steam, just search Crystalwarrior there.

...you say you can port LDD files to Source?? Whoa. Neat!

It's a long process, but I can do it, and you'll get high res. The only thing is some bricks may need to be replaced, as it looks like, in the picture you just gave me, there is some non-LDD parts being used.

And Katatonic is god of Source here, so forward all complaints to him.[/late]

Hey guys, i'm currently taking a break from the mapping. I'm rather busy with other things currently. If you manage to port LDD files to source though i would appreciate it, no point in having an island if there is no LEGO ;)

Minifig9292

*Sees that you're using the portal engine*

DO NOT DO THAT!

ITS A TERRIBLE IDEA!

ITS THE MOST LIMITING OF ALL SOURCE THE ENGINES!

DO NOT f***ING USE THE PORTAL ENGINE!

Use the Episode 2 engine.

Trust me.

It's extremely flexible and allows for more high quality stuff.

The portal engine is just... just don't okay.

Use the Episode 2 engine.

Trust me.

It's extremely flexible and allows for more high quality stuff.

The portal engine is just... just don't okay.

Use whatever engine you feel comfortable with. If you go jumping around different engines, you project won't get anywhere. I find it's good to use engines that are not as flexible as it challenges you to find new and better ways to do things.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.