(WIP) Boulder Raiders

William

Another reason I have so many slugs and scorpions and so forth is so they can do different things, like fire creatures can cross lava and ice creatures can't be hurt with freezer beams, the only way to defeat energy creatures is for them to eat energy crystals, and the only way to hit electric creatures is with an electric fence.

And Lair of Rockwhales, if I give you credit could I use your Brickonium Seam Monster as my energy monster. I can't make anything close to being that good.

Ok, see, no. It's just uncreative to me, sorry.

And Lair of Rockwhales, if I give you credit could I use your Brickonium Seam Monster as my energy monster. I can't make anything close to being that good.

I will only say yes if you prove you are capable of making this overhaul.

Well I'm serious about making this. I have all the models and textures made but I'm having some trouble applying the textures. I'm not sure if it's just because Lightwave doesn't let you do it but I can't apply more than one texture.

First of all, I'm not sure what an ORR project is. I only started modifying the game a month ago so I'm not familar with everything yet, if you could let me know if there's a topic about it that would be great. And thanks for making the skin so quickly, I also came up with an idea for your stormtrooper skin. What if we make two skins, a regular Boulder Raider and your stormtrooper skin. We could make the regular one the primary one that is used, and hide a stormtrooper in a 1x1 cavern in every level as a bonus objective for each mission. Tell me if you think that would be a good idea.

It could be done as another mini fig could be added to the game. Only con is that it wont say storm trooper if you hold your mouse over it, It will say rock raider when you click it.

Well I'm serious about making this. I have all the models and textures made but I'm having some trouble applying the textures. I'm not sure if it's just because Lightwave doesn't let you do it but I can't apply more than one texture.

Seriousness isn't enough. You need to show that you have the skills. Post a picture at least. As for texturing, Lightwave does let you apply more than one texture per object, as long as the object is split up into separate groups. Then you apply a new surface to each group and give each a unique texture.

Only con is that it wont say storm trooper if you hold your mouse over it, It will say rock raider when you click it.

False. You can change the tooltip text and sound effects that custom raiders use. You can even prevent an individual raider class from drilling, carrying, clearing rubble, reinforcing, or anything else. The only thing that you cannot do is give them a custom YESSIR! sound.

Only con is that it wont say storm trooper if you hold your mouse over it, It will say rock raider when you click it.

False. You can change the tooltip text and sound effects that custom raiders use. You can even prevent an individual raider class from drilling, carrying, clearing rubble, reinforcing, or anything else. The only thing that you cannot do is give them a custom YESSIR! sound.

Oh, cirevam, i didnt know that.

Cirevam, do you mean make different objects with the textures I want and then piece all the objects into one object. Sorry if it sounds confusing, I couldn't think how to explain it. I just uploaded pictures in my gallery, note that they are in Lightwave (I'll post in-game ones in a while) and I'll wait to upload pictures of my vehicles until I texture them.

That is one way to do it, william, though your modeling program should have a way to specify groups. Otherwise you can't apply more than one texture to your model while making it. If you're modeling using Lightwave, I can't help you much since I only use it for animating.

I use Milkshape which costs around thirty dollars. It's easy to use. A free almost-alternative is Wings3D, which can import and export LWO6.5 files, so you'd have to use Lightwave to convert those to LWO5 files.

Edit: Use PrtSc (print screen) to take pictures of stuff on your computer. We're all tired of the people that can't comprehend the three-step process it takes to capture a screenshot.

1) Press the PrtSc key.

2) Open any image editing program.

3) Press Ctrl+V to paste the image.

Hey willian,i can help you too.I mod RR fpr almost a year and i am good at making maps.I can finish my MADNESS(yes,whit caps) map and sen it to you,it is basicaly a level that you are surrounded by monsters,a lava river to the south and a river to the west and a secret cave full whit crystals and ore.Liked?

Sorry for double post,but the map is ready.I can send it to ya whit the briefing,and on the top right corner theres a place for the Stormtrooper,whit lots of hard rock.

Note:it dont have an objective,because i dont know how to add one.It is going to be 300 crystals.

Sorry for double post,but the map is ready.I can send it to ya whit the briefing,and on the top right corner theres a place for the Stormtrooper,whit lots of hard rock.

Note:it dont have an objective,because i dont know how to add one.It is going to be 300 crystals.

Not to minimod, but there is an edit button at the bottom of your posts. It works wonders.

Okay. Just let me know before you send it so I can expect it. I may need to send you an e-mail and you reply back to it though, I've been having problems receiving e-mails that aren't replies. And also if you want you could make one skin. I already have a bunch but if it's good I'll use it, unless, can the game can handle more than five raider classes?

Thanks.

Also, in the next few days, I'm going to be deciding what color I should make the crystals. Tell me what color you think is best out of these: Orange, green, red, blue, yellow, brown, gray, white, purple or black. And out of the above colors, what do you think the uncharged crystal color should be?

Votes

Regular

Teal: 1

Gold: 1

Green: 1

Unpowered

Gray: 1

Black: 1

Yeah, I think the story is going to be similar to yours, like maybe a return to collect crystals for studying or something like that. And if everyone wants, I'll include a text document with all the RGB color codes for the listed colors.

• Cyrem changed the title to (WIP) Boulder Raiders
  • ShadowDraikana locked this topic