Baz's Mod V1.5

Baz

fragilechaos
21 hours ago, aidenpons said:

This is usually related to the Tunnel Transport (see page 6)

I've also managed to get it to happen usually when stupid things happen involving monsters.

That said, it only strikes roughly one in fifteen levels, so if you're getting it extremely regularly - for instance, every level - there may be an issue there.

I know that it can happen more frequently with a broken .ptl file but last time I checked Baz's were perfectly functional.

As for what to actually do about it...

a) does this happen in vanilla LRR?
b) see the post two above yours on how to enable debug keys; hit Ctrl+S in the level to win it and thus skip it, then see if it occurs in the next level

c) the glitch does not affect vehicles, and nearly all levels can be won with Small Diggers + some STTs, so mass-teleport down small vehicles and see if you can get enough vehicles up before the glitch strikes

d) don't strip-mine a lot at once: wait for all the ore to be picked up before continuing (as a rule of thumb, ~20 walls drilled in a single blow is about the maximum before you need to wait around waiting for the ore to be picked up)

e) keep your raider count below 30

A : Vanilla in the sense of installing the game normally then going through the process of making it work via DGVOODOO but other than that, untouched!

B : Will give this a shot. 

C : That is a good shout. I had a small transport truck that wasn't affected but as soon as i beamed it up, the rock raider disappeared with it. 

D : I thought that too so I'll try and focus on not doing too much at once. 

E : Will do, again i think i was well below that too which is odd. 

Thanks for your pointers though, will give that all a shot. Was so annoying for it to happen so quickly though. Shame it seems to only be happening to me too haha Reckon its worth trying another completely utterly untouched install of the game? I had almost finished the game before installing the mod. I started a new game but i wouldn't have thought that would have caused any upset. 

2 hours ago, fragilechaos said:

Shame it seems to only be happening to me too haha Reckon its worth trying another completely utterly untouched install of the game? I had almost finished the game before installing the mod. I started a new game but i wouldn't have thought that would have caused any upset. 

Go ahead! Anything would help. :/ This bug's symptoms are well known, but its causes are extremely unclear. It's very rare for it to go off in the middle of a normal game.

In any case, if you restart all you lose are your raider training; most of which can be rectified on Driller Night, if you play carefully enough (even in vanilla LRR).

fragilechaos
9 hours ago, aidenpons said:

Go ahead! Anything would help. :/ This bug's symptoms are well known, but its causes are extremely unclear. It's very rare for it to go off in the middle of a normal game.

In any case, if you restart all you lose are your raider training; most of which can be rectified on Driller Night, if you play carefully enough (even in vanilla LRR).

Sooooo fun fact, I didnt realise i was using the Standard shortcut and tried the Enhanced shortcut and it was either luck or there was no problems at all. Even played a few levels. Reckon that was the problem all along? Bit of a "Doh" moment on my part if I was using the wrong shortcut.. hah

13 hours ago, fragilechaos said:

Sooooo fun fact, I didnt realise i was using the Standard shortcut and tried the Enhanced shortcut and it was either luck or there was no problems at all. Even played a few levels. Reckon that was the problem all along? Bit of a "Doh" moment on my part if I was using the wrong shortcut.. hah

.... Ooooooh. Now from a modding perspective that's extremely interesting. LRR's command line parameters are funky at best.

Right-click your Standard shortcut, Properties, and look at the Target box. There should be a path to your LRR installation followed by some stuff that might look like -ftm -scribblescribble -ihavenocluewhattheseare .

We don't care about the path to your LRR directory, but what's the stuff after it?

Can you also do the same for the Enhanced shortcut?

(I'd check myself, but I haven't properly installed LRR for absolutely ages, and have been copypasting the game files around and making my own shortcuts :P )

lol username
1 hour ago, aidenpons said:

.... Ooooooh. Now from a modding perspective that's extremely interesting. LRR's command line parameters are funky at best.

Right-click your Standard shortcut, Properties, and look at the Target box. There should be a path to your LRR installation followed by some stuff that might look like -ftm -scribblescribble -ihavenocluewhattheseare .

We don't care about the path to your LRR directory, but what's the stuff after it?

Can you also do the same for the Enhanced shortcut?

(I'd check myself, but I haven't properly installed LRR for absolutely ages, and have been copypasting the game files around and making my own shortcuts :P )

While I'm not the person you're asking, I do have the original shortcuts on hand:

Standard: "C:\Program Files (x86)\LEGO Media\Games\Rock Raiders\LegoRR.exe"  -best -reducesamples -reduceanimation -reducepromeshes -reduceflics -reduceimages

Enhanced: "C:\Program Files (x86)\LEGO Media\Games\Rock Raiders\LegoRR.exe"  -best

Left the file paths in cause there's curiously double spaces between the path and the start of the parameters, though I can't imagine that'd have any effect.

18 minutes ago, jamesster said:

While I'm not the person you're asking, I do have the original shortcuts on hand:

Standard: "C:\Program Files (x86)\LEGO Media\Games\Rock Raiders\LegoRR.exe"  -best -reducesamples -reduceanimation -reducepromeshes -reduceflics -reduceimages

Off here:

-best ; skips the mode selection window

-reducesamples ; disables various sounds

-reduceanimation ; disables the front end rockslide menu transition

-reducepromeshes ; "Reduces the number of LOD meshes" (????)

-reduceflics ; disables .flics, which are mostly the menu stuff like the RM, slug, SMLC, etc; also Chief when he waves the scoreboard up on level complete

-reduceimages ; texture sizes are halved when loading

Hmm, I wonder if -reducepromeshes would be doing that, as the remainder are cosmetic. But this is LRR, it's screwed beyond all recognition :P

Or it could just be luck. This calls for some testing... :P

• 2 months later...

Curious if it's possible to run this mod in 1080p and/or with some of the upgraded models I see on the site? Sorry I'm new to modding in this game, I only recently dusted off my 20 year old copy after finding it clearing out my parents house for a move and the game is as good as I remember but kind of fugly on a modern monitor hahaha

• 1 year later...

So finshed the first mission fine, saved and exited the game, now whenever I open the game and try to start the 2nd mission I get to the loading screen of the mission then my game crahses, can anyone please help me out?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.