Some LEGO Racers 2 textures...

AcePilot90

I was able to rip a few Torsos with Ninja Ripper. I got Legs, too, but oddly enough, no heads.

YOCjYDV.png

Axel's gear

IWNwX2h.png

BB's gear

XM9i9L9.png

Arctic Gear

qZ9ye8i.png

Construction Gear

The UV's are actually very similar to LR1, those little pixels in the bottom right corner must be the arms and hands.

If anyone wants to have a go at ripping textures with Ninja Ripper, here's a download:

http://cgig.ru/ninjaripper/

I have had better luck with this program, versus 3D Ripper DX.

I hope someone can get more textures than I can.

• Like 2

Awesome! I'd like to see if we can get Rocket Racer's textures some time - to aid in creating a custom minifigure of him IRL.

Fluffy Cupcake

I just used it on Sandy Bay and I got A LOAD of textures (151 to be exact). From icons to ground, to objects, to car peices, to characters, it got it all. Also, I was being RR, so excuse me while I go look for his texture...

Edit: For some reason quite a few of the textures (except font) seem to be flipped vertically.

Edit 2: And here is RRs textures, just for you Jamesster! (I flipped them vertically to be proper again...)

rrface.png

rrshirt.png

rrpants.png

rrstars.png

rrstars2.png

I couldn't find the visor texture (probably missed it?) and I believe the rest of the helmet was just a white 8x8px square.

Edit 3: Anyone know of a program I can use to easily convert all these .dds files to .png (or something) in one go?

• Like 3

Fluffy Cupcake

And thank you for linking that program!

Hmm, only 16 of the textures will successfully convert (those textures being RRs, the skybox, and some font).

Edit: Meanwhile more than half of the menu ones were sucessfull. :?:

Edit 2: Uploaded all menu textures (excluding minifig customizer pieces) here. I probably won't be doing this with the rest of the game unless I can find a way to convert the majority of the .dds textures sucessfully (had to convert the ones that didn't for the menu ones manually, which wasn't too much... about 40ish)

Anyone know of a program I can use to easily convert all these .dds files to .png (or something) in one go?

GIMP, just need a .dds file extention program then you can export to a .png.

I probably won't be doing this with the rest of the game unless I can find a way to convert the majority of the .dds textures sucessfully (had to convert the ones that didn't for the menu ones manually, which wasn't too much... about 40ish)

For Lego Racers, I use x2y. Never had an issue, but my Lego Racers 2 disc broke so I can't try it on that.

Also, Axel's in the game? I'd completed it several times and don't remember that...

In build mode, there is Axel's head and torso. That's it though.

Anyone who gets all the game's textures in a zip is a god in my eyes.

Fluffy Cupcake

Also, Axel's in the game? I'd completed it several times and don't remember that...
Character builder. Only his shirt is there. Also, x2y worked great, no problems! Thanks for that.

Alright, all Sandy Bay textures here (...and pieces of my car and character, was too lazy to dig through 541 textures to remove them). And yes, I did use some other batch program to vertically flip them all at once (and also another to batch rename them).

https://www.box.com/s/ou2vfncyegklf3j957qo

Fluffy Cupcake

Thanks. And what do you use to vertically flip multiple images?

Yw (and be sure to hit that thank button! ;) ). And BIMP Lite.
  • Like 2

I gave you Ninja, butthead. ;)

Finally! Going through and flipping all the ripped textures in LR was bad enough, I can't imagine you going through hundreds of files. Thanks :)

Fluffy Cupcake

You guys know I meant liking the post WITH the link to the textures in it, right? :P

Anyway, I will probably get around to doing more today or tomorrow. Anyway, what would you guys like to see ripped next? I was thinking of doing the worlds in order, but unless you guys want something else ripped earlier, let me know!

Going through and flipping all the ripped textures in LR was bad enough
*sigh* neither 3d Ripper DX nor NinjaRipper work on LR for me. (well at least NR doesn't crash it, and the game does a brief pause indicating it is trying...)

I do all my modding and classic gaming on an old Windows XP laptop (I should probably switch my specs from my home family computer to my modding laptop one), so that probably helps. I also have several compatibility mode options checked when using 3D Ripper DX on it, as well as unchecking most stuff in the programs menu. At that stage I can get to any point in the game, but once in a section and ripping it, leaving it will crash the game. So getting the snapshots for my tutorial, for instance, was quite a laborious task.

I can't remember much of LR2, but Baron Von Baron (or Sam Sinister?) is a boss in it, right? I'd love to compare their textures, perhaps LR2 textures could replace LR1 for higher res stuff.

Baron Von Baron (or Sam Sinister?) is a boss in it, right?

Yeah, he was the boss in Dino Island. Interestingly, his name had a typo and was instead Sam Sanister, which I always found ironic considering the developer is Attention to Detail.

Fluffy Cupcake

Dino Island textures here! Also, take a look at texture #090, since when was there a warp/portal to the Hub? :P (yes, the random images you see are the warps to races)

https://www.box.com/...82vxukqzjw11dp8

And Sam Sinister textures just for you!

samsinister5.png

samsinister4.png

samsinister1.png

samsinister2.png

samsinister3.png

Edit: Oh, and I got the Menu textures from yesterday put in a zip (and included the loading screen this time)

https://www.box.com/s/sqrvogkaf5m8cst76de7

Haha, thank you! They're not as high-rest as I'd thought ;)

Did ATD get any influence from High Voltage, do you think? Sam Sinister's head looks exactly like the LR one, and the concept of using the side of the texture to colour arms and hands is pretty similar.

Although I'm glad they put more detail into the leg.

Fluffy Cupcake

As I missed a texture in the menu earlier, I updated the file. But for those that already downloaded it you can just get the image here. (Yes, it is a variation of #012)

Also, I ripped the character builder textures (and minifigure pieces in it), which can be found here.

https://www.box.com/...q1mgpxwiurazo1c

Edit: Ripped all character icons, excluding custom ones from character builder. And yes, Professor Voltage does have one Jamesster. I will probably release them with a release of character textures, unless you guys want them early.

You guys can rip textures but not geometry? Maybe I misread... but I can only rip geometry out of LR2. I have a few samples lying around if someone wants to mess with them. Some of the things I know I have are the Arctic warp gate, Arctic hub room, one of the stock Arctic snowplow vehicles, the Xalax hub... and a few minifigs.

Fluffy Cupcake

I think I was able to rip geo once before on LR2 with 3D Ripper DX, but now for whatever reason it crashes whenever I try to capture something in the game with it.

I think I was able to rip geo once before on LR2 with 3D Ripper DX, but now for whatever reason it crashes whenever I try to capture something in the game with it.

This happened for me with Lego Racers - it worked fine at first, then it randomly started crashing every time I loaded it. I ended up ticking various compatibility options and it was happy again.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.