Art Battle 2: A Rude Awakening

Fush

ProfessorBrickkeeper

Professor Brickkeeper came up with it, and me and Astro Space guy started treating it as canon.

I don't recall doing so, but whatever- I'll take whatever credit I get and roll with it.

• Like 2

You fools! Do you really think i got revived!? Listen here; I and a couple of obscure people have snuck into Thunder Corp. While I cannot give away most, if not all, of their secrets the info I can give away is that Thunder corp are experimenting with Cloning Members of RRU.

My main point is that I suspect JimbobJeffers as an employee of Thunder Corp. He replaced me with a clone while I was momentarily dispatched due to being on fire. Want visual proof? Here, have some;

jmKmMha.png

Its pretty obvious who is the clone.

But as you can see, Thunder corp haven't properly got the Cloning process working perfectly so we may end up seeing clones of each other with a slightly wonkey design to the original. This does also bring up the biggest question regarding the situation from my perspective;

"Who is next to be cloned?"

MaelstromIslander
You fools! Do you really think i got revived!? Listen here; I and a couple of obscure people have snuck into Thunder Corp. While I cannot give away most, if not all, of their secrets the info I can give away is that Thunder corp are experimenting with Cloning Members of RRU. My main point is that I suspect noghiri as an employee of Thunder Corp. He/She replaced me with a clone while I was momentarily dispatched due to being on fire. Want visual proof? Here, have some;

-snip-

Its pretty obvious who is the clone. But as you can see, Thunder corp haven't properly got the Cloning process working perfectly so we may end up seeing clones of each other with a slightly wonkey design to the original. This does also bring up the biggest question regarding the situation from my perspective; "Who is next to be cloned?"

You sound like a terminal Durandal made in Marathon 2.

So, thundercorp is cloning us correct? Okay... But why would they do that?

I'm still buying another tank from them though. :P

Edit:

gallery_8961_436_1792.png

Astro-Space-Guy

My robot was beaten too easily! i wanted a more challenging battle! :[

Oh well, i'll make more robots then! >:3 (The last one was 'ironus sparticus')

Another fighter artist has entered the ring!

Imagine the Massive Shado-bot picked Steelius Serpentius from the hole in the wall of the building, and then stomped it with enough power to compress the metal beast's electrons and caused a nuclear explosion. Now, remember that for the next drawings. :P I would like to see Astro-Space-Guy's drawing next. I'm not necessarily "passing" to him, I'd just like to see his response.

• Like 2

MaelstromIslander

-snip-

Imagine the Massive Shado-bot picked Steelius Serpentius from the hole in the wall of the building, and then stomped it with enough power to compress the metal beast's electrons and caused a nuclear explosion. Now, remember that for the next drawings. :P I would like to see Astro-Space-Guy's drawing next. I'm not necessarily "passing" to him, I'd just like to see his response.

Okay its driving me nuts how people keep killing his bosses too easily. Its called a boss for a reason. For some reason i feel like Shadowblaze is, how do i put this... Godmodding maybe? Cheating? It doesn't make much sense if a gigantic shado-bot comes out of nowhere and stomped astro-space-guy's Boss Robot to the point where theres a nuclear explosion which would blow up the whole sky scraper and end this charade for thunder. :P

I don't mean to sound cruel, your drawing is great, but the plot of the drawing is kind of cheatey. This is only my opinion, because only Fushi's answer matters. :P

Still everyone, Astro Space Guy isn't happy about how his bosses keep getting killed in one hit. I'm sure five posts is good enough for killing each boss, not one. :P

(Also, if the sky scraper blew up, the art battle would end, and IMO this battle would seem way to quick. :P ASG's robots are bosses, not just petty enemies. :P )

• Like 4

GRDcmbo.png

Okay so... Dunno about you guys and gals, but i think that the technically unwinnable situation that most of us are in is pretty cheap.

A situation which technically means an automatic win for someone is pretty cheap and not at all fun, whats the point with this battle if anybody can just say that they won and there's nothing you can do about it?

Yes, I'm sure someone can come up with a idea to continue the story, but still its not fun just magically reviving people after getting nukes, its just a waste of time which we could introduce new things to play around with like characters and robots n stuff.

I think we should have a new rule that prevents anybody from making a page which makes one person automatically the winner and stop the story completely or that removes a large amount of people/things in the story, and that each page should allow the story to continue one way or another.

If we all agree on this, we let this go easy this time and continue on from astros snake robot man page.

But if anybody pulls something similar like this again, there will be a penalty, sounds fair and good?

!!!Edited to better explain why this situation is cheap, and since i kinda got lost who caused the nuke drop... (Sorry Astro for accusing you)!!!

-snip-

Okay its driving me nuts how people keep killing his bosses too easily. Its called a boss for a reason. For some reason i feel like Shadowblaze is, how do i put this... Godmodding maybe? Cheating? It doesn't make much sense if a gigantic shado-bot comes out of nowhere and stomped astro-space-guy's Boss Robot to the point where theres a nuclear explosion which would blow up the whole sky scraper and end this charade for thunder. :P

I don't mean to sound cruel, your drawing is great, but the plot of the drawing is kind of cheatey. This is only my opinion, because only Fushi's answer matters. :P

Still everyone, Astro Space Guy isn't happy about how his bosses keep getting killed in one hit. I'm sure five posts is good enough for killing each boss, not one. :P

(Also, if the sky scraper blew up, the art battle would end, and IMO this battle would seem way to quick. :P ASG's robots are bosses, not just petty enemies. :P )

This is RRU.

Did you really expect the plot to make any sense?

Also, why does it matter? It's not like there's really a bowl of thunder out there and whoever gets the most points will get it. I don't believe Fushigisaur ever made an incentive to join in, other than amusement. That's what the Forum Games are for...

Anyway, I would join in but at my disposal I only have GIMP and Paint, and I still don't know how to actually PAINT in GIMP. Edit, yes, remove areas, yes, create nice pretty avatars from pictures, yes, but not paint.

(I was about to ask whether a Lego model would be accepted but then I saw the title: "Art Battle blahblahblah")

Yes, I'm sure someone can come up with a idea to continue the story, but still its not fun just magically reviving people after getting nukes, its just a waste of time which we could introduce new things to play.

I think we should have a new rule that prevents anybody from making a page which makes one person automatically the winner and stop the story completely or that removes a large amount of people/things in the story, and that each page should allow the story to continue one way or another.

If we all agree on this, we let this go easy this time and continue on from astros snake robot man page.

But if anybody pulls something similar like this again, there will be a penalty, sounds fair and good?

I agree with this, however that means I have to throw away the comic/drawing I worked hard on.

*sigh* Well, anything to withhold a boring and unoriginal end.

I have to think about this.

While I do that, enjoy this s***ty .gif

LHReHIX.gif

It didn't turn out as well as I'd hoped, and I'm honestly considering not counting it at all, but after the time i spent working on it it'd be a waste to not post it.

Astro-Space-Guy

Ok fine, i'll remove the post, and we can all go back to being happy! sounds great, right? (not being sarcastic or rude :P)

MaelstromIslander

ASG FLIES TO THE MOON: BAD

I guess shadowblaze's image isn't bad. But i'm going to say that the skyscraper didn't blow up because that is the main envirement, plus, i was going to do something with it and if the skyscraper did explode i won't be able to do so.

So okay, i guess its right to accept shadowblaze's stuff as canon and join everyone else and i'll stop being such an annoying little brat. :P

Still, ASG flying to the moon is horrible. We can't get a rocket and go there just by the snap of our fingers.

Sorry to do this, but think like this, If we can just kill everybody, and then revive everybody after that, then we would simply wasting time. Time we could come up with something cool to add to the story and play around with the new thing as much as we like.

What will be achieved when someone throws down a nuke when you can make just magically fix everything like it never happens?

Answer: Nothing...

One or two things being removes is fine because you can come up with a clever way to bring it back, and you still have everything else to continue the story with.

Astro-Space-Guy

Not to interupt the march of the rants, but could we get back to the story? cause my robo-snake-man isn't exactly dead, so there is still a boss battle waiting to be added! :)

LEGO MOCs can probably be considered sculptural art... maybe (Fush?) :P

This would make Aidenpons more able to play too.

(while we're discussing rules)

I'M THINKING. We've come to a situation I did not anticipate and I'm trying to decide the best way to proceed. Until then, let's just put the story on hold for a bit.

• Like 2

MaelstromIslander

Sorry to do this, but think like this, If we can just kill everybody, and then revive everybody after that, then we would simply wasting time. Time we could come up with something cool to add to the story and play around with the new thing as much as we like. What will be achieved when someone throws down a nuke when you can make just magically fix everything like it never happens? Answer: Nothing... One or two things being removes is fine because you can come up with a clever way to bring it back, and you still have everything else to continue the story with.

...Well, i guess you're right someswedish.

I'M THINKING. We've come to a situation I did not anticipate and I'm trying to decide the best way to proceed. Until then, let's just put the story on hold for a bit.

Darnit i already made a part...

Well, thats okay, at least i've got something to work with after the break.

Astro-Space-Guy

I'm thinking about quiting this whole thing cause it seems like i'm trouble-some. I will make one final boss or whatever before i get ready to quit the art battle, so that's all for now. (Warning! this post is outdated and the information it contains is no longer important)

Right, I've thought about it, and how I feel is this-

While, yes, making the game unwinnable is an issue, the bigger problem is the sudden jumps in the story. We went from fighting a robot in the tower to suddenly Thundercorp blew up and Astro Guy is on the moon with BOTH thunder containers without any explanation of how or why any of that happened. If the game reaches a situation where most of the players are unable to win through natural and logical steps, that's fine- that's simply winning. But to just come in and say that you've won, without doing anything to warrant such a victory, doesn't work. Each new post should nudge the story along one step at a time rather than jump headfirst straight into a new situation.

What we need to decide now, is where to go next. As this is basically a trail run, it doesn't really matter. On the one hand, we've already done out best to merge confusing and contradictory posts into a coherent storyline, so it would be consistent if we were to do that again and keep going. However, on the other hand, we've kind of written ourselves into a corner.

So, we've got 3 options:

End the story here

Try to keep going

or

Reset the story back to before Thundercorp blew up

We should probably put it to a vote. I'm not always gonna be online to make decisions, so it's important we have some sort of system in place so that if something like this comes up again the story won't come to a standstill while you wait for me to weigh in.

• Like 4

I vote we end this story and start a new one.

Suggestion for new one: We start by explaining why we're all in the same place, then introduce a major enemy, then play from there.

Suggestion 2 for a new one: We start by explaining why we're trying to all steal an item (like the Great Cubic Zirconium of the Ancients) and then go from there.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.